Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 10-21-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(
Old 10-21-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Jake Locker would be my guess. But it's very early. RT @blurm: @Adam_Schefter At this point, who is the first QB to get drafted?

:) followed by :(
They should invoke the old NBA rule where you could draft a guy who had been enrolled for 4 years and let him play his senior year (Celtics did it with Larry Bird). Jake could go to summer camp with the Seahawks then play for the Huskies in the fall.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else going to the game UW-Oregon game tomorrow?
Old 10-24-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

did you end up going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:28 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
did you end up going?
Yes, yes I did attend that massacre.
Old 10-25-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't have tickets, but it was probably a good thing cause I ended up walking out of the room in the third quarter after that pick. I live pretty close to the frats, so I got to hear the Oregon fans come up the street afterwards...man that is infuriating.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched on tv shaking my head. It was awful. At least we have a bye week this week to get back on track.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, we have problems. Mora has officially given up on the season (saying the entire organization is going to be be evaluated is giving up >.<), and there are so many places where they need to improve, but I'm thinking right now, Jake Locker, one of the OT's once that finally gets shaken out, or (and this may not make immediate sense) either Suh or McCoy.

Locker or an OT are obvious, our offense is old and we need the replacements sooner rather than later. But why Suh or McCoy? Our defensive line is not very good with the exception of Mebane & Kerney. Kerney is old and he's been injured the last couple of years. We need to find a true successor to him this offseason, hopefully in the draft or Jackson/Tapp decide that they want to develop into pass rushers.

Suh & McCoy don't fill an obvious need, but they do fill one. We desperately need someone who can stop the run, and pairing Suh or McCoy up alongside Mebane would lead to us having an amazing defensive front for years to come. Tapp & Jackson would automatically become better because teams would be forced to double team inside, leaving our ends with solo matchups. And if by chance our ends become dominant, then teams are going to face the quandry of who to double team on any given play.

Teams are built through the lines. You can have the greatest linebackers, safeties, & corners ever, but if your unable to consistently generate a pass rush, they are going to get beat. It happens. Look at the worst defenses in the league, look at how many sacks they get. Then if their a team like the Seahawks were last year, through out the games where they get 5 sacks and compare the numbers the rest of the games. Pass rush is key to a successful defense, and until the Seahawks get one again, this defense is going to underperform, thus me desperately wanting to get someone like Suh who is so dominating in all facets of the game.

Edit: Also, Suh is from Portland so while not quite the local boy that Taylor Mays is, he is pretty close to being one.

Last edited by summond822 : 11-02-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I mean we wasted a top 4 pick on a non-impact player last year. That was just terrible. We should have Mark Sanchez right now. Instead we have T.J. Houshmandzadeh and a million good LBs with no help in front or behind them.
I would've settled for Andre Smith or Eugene Monroe. Our offensive line is horrible, and this "don't draft positions of need because we don't want to alienate our older players" habit of Ruskell is starting to piss me off.

I love Aaron Curry, but your right, LB is not an impact position. In hindsight there is no doubt that Mark Sanchez would've been the right pick. Especially now that Hasselbeck has injured ribs and one more hit like the one from Willis could end his career.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:13 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Thank goodness for Matt Bustford.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thank goodness for Matt Bustford.
Stafford shouldnt even be playing yet. The Detroit pass to run ratio is completely backwards, if you're going to play a rookie then do what they did in Atlanta and Baltimore with Ryan and Flacco, run the ball. The Lions were getting 5.4 ypc and should have run the ball. Stafford should be a senior in the SEC not starting for the worst team in the league.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Even against the Rams Hasselbeck didn't look very good today. If it wasn't already 100% clear that we need a QB in this draft, it should be to everyone now.
Old 12-07-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

I am happy that we beat SF even if it ends up making us drop a little bit in terms of the draft, but at the end of that game, why the heck was Julius Jones in the game on that last series?!?!?! He doesn't have the skill set of Forsett, who is better in open space, is a legitimate threat out of the backfield, and a better pass blocker.

It seemed to me that Mora was trying to send a message to Forsett/Jones throughout the game that Jones is the number 1 back regardless of what Forsett has done. Crediting Forsett's numbers to "the line getting healthier" is like saying that he's not a very good RB. I'm pretty sure that we all agree that Forsett is the better runner, and the commentators for the game even said that SF thought that Forsett was the better runner. *sigh* Well I didn't understand the decision...but maybe I'm wrong

Old 12-14-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Is there really anything to say for this game that we haven't already gone over a bunch? Terrible coverage, no pass rush, terrible o-line play... I switched games at halftime it was just too painful to watch.

I'm at the point where I'm starting to think it might be better just to not watch the rest of our games and save myself the stress and frustration. It's much more fun looking at the draft.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Bad mood? Ha who cares Huskies still have Locker!
Old 12-14-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Bad mood? Ha who cares Huskies still have Locker!
We better enjoy Locker for the one year we have him, cause he's not playing in Seattle as a pro unless we're drafting #1 (barring injury *knock on wood*)

Old 12-14-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Thing that really stood out to me was how pathetic the O-line is. They just cant pick up a blitz on this team. Add to that they may well lose Spencer in the off season so i think it's almost to a point where they need to draft a lineman high and add a quality free agent.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Thing that really stood out to me was how pathetic the O-line is. They just cant pick up a blitz on this team. Add to that they may well lose Spencer in the off season so i think it's almost to a point where they need to draft a lineman high and add a quality free agent.
It's completely true, but isn't the reason why we drafted Unger to replace Spencer, longterm?

However, there was a good article calling out Mora for calling out the offensive line. Pretty much it says that since our defense was so pathetic that they couldn't stop Houston, and thereby put the offense into a hug hole, the offensive line really had no shot.

Your not going to stop Mario Williams all game when he knows your going to pass. This is a result of the offensive scheme not fitting the offensive talent, and Knapp & Mora are at fault for that just as much as Ruskell is. But I lay the blame of a crappy defense squarely on the shoulders of Mora.

The team as a whole came out unprepared and unwilling to play. Maybe it's cause theres a cancer in the locker room (Housh). Or maybe it's cause there isn't a coach who actually knows how to get his players prepared for the game.

Old 12-14-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And Michael Crabtree is right on cue...

Fun times.

Next week, Sanchez throws for 400 yards and five touchdowns watch...

while Curry is still chasing after Vernon Davis.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:

Fun times.

After that shot Curry took to the ribs he's not going to be chasing anyone for the next week or two.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:

Fun times.

You should really just be rooting for Crabtree to fail right now...

You actually think Sanchez is going to throw for 200, let alone 500 yards against Atlanta?

And Curry is hurt, so who knows how long he's out for.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
You should really just be rooting for Crabtree to fail right now...

You actually think Sanchez is going to throw for 200, let alone 500 yards against Atlanta?

And Curry is hurt, so who knows how long he's out for.
I just call it how I see it.

I see Sanchez every week and anything the overblown NY media is saying negative about the 21-year-old CHILD is just that- OVERBLOWN.

Here's what we passed on:

He has:

-exceptional leadership qualities, heart, and toughness

-good pocket awareness and excellent mobility

-underrated arm strength (can make any throw on field for Braylon to drop)

His negatives:

-making a bunch of mistakes in reading coverages and taking unnecessary risks

This is a product of a few things:

a) the Jets think they are good and do not want their green QB to hold them back. It's hard for someone so young to hand the ball off 100 times and get into rhythm passing when it's needed. He's not getting the chance to just go out there and explore the art of NFL quarterbacking like Stafford is because the Jets are a D/Run-oriented team with a shot at the playoffs.

b) He's ridiculously young and inexperienced. 16 career starts is crazy. You can tell by his body language that he's impatient and overzealous in almost every respect. He'll calm down, and the game will slow down for him in the coming years if not weeks.

In my estimation, he's on pace to become a great QB for years and years to come. It really just sucks that we don't have a QB is all.
Old 12-20-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Just when you think watching the Hawks couldn't get any more depressing...
Old 12-21-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just when you think watching the Hawks couldn't get any more depressing...
Not only that, but u pretty much guaranteed that Ndomakung (pretty close maybe?) will be in the division next year (hopefully at least).