Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2007, 07:18 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Rumor: Jets and Lions in Trade Talk

Someone posted it in the Jets forum:

John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall.

No link as of now.

Damn this is one exciting offseason!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So you'd lose your best defensive player in order to draft whom? AD? I can't see you guys taking CJ, though he would be a great weapon for years to come, but AD could be great.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, Vilma is a monster that'd be a crazy trade. But this is probably assuming Adrian Peterson would still be there. At the Lions pick. It would be a great trade for both. Detroit picking up the best young ILB, and still having a 1st rounder. And the Jets getting an amazing RB, and Vilma isn't as effective in the 3-4
Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EF, I guarantee you that the Raiders will not draft AP.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

:O

ten times :O

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:21 PM    (permalink
Azale

Wow...that's a steep drop in the first round. Has a team ever traded that high up before?

I thought Vilma had a down year this year too...
Old 03-03-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

"John Clayton on ESPN reported that the Jets and Lions are in trade talks about sending Vilma, #25, and our late 2nd for #2 overall."

If thats the case and the Jets take Peterson, I really hope the Browns take Calvin Johnson.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

This is definitely a trade for Adrian Peterson.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, if this happens, I may just not become a Jets fan anymore. We trade away the bulk of our draft, and our defensive captain. Just wow.

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think that it would cost the jets their first and both second round picks to trade up that far. I'm assuming it's for Adrian Peterson.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
So you'd lose your best defensive player in order to draft whom?
Vilma isn't their best defensive player in the 3-4. If the Jets trade him it means that Mangini doesn't believe that Vilma fits his system.

If this goes through I think the Jets would be getting the better end of this deal by far.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
EF, I guarantee you that the Raiders will not draft AP.
Really, why is that? There moving to the west coact offense, which would be huge if they had a very good RB. They're reportedly keeping Moss. And they might get a vet QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azale View Post
Wow...that's a steep drop in the first round. Has a team ever traded that high up before?

I thought Vilma had a down year this year too...
It was mainly because of the switch from 4-3 to 3-4
Old 03-03-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might get a vet QB to pave the way for a younger one.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:24 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do the Jets run a 4-3 or a 3-4?

If so, I could see them maybe trying to ink a trade with Cleveland for Andra Davis... Leon Williams and D'Qwell seem to fit the 3-4 a bit better.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:30 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The only way I'd trade Vilma would be for Vilma and a 3rd for #2

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Jets run a hybrid 3-4 I think.

Andra is fine in the 3-4, he gets a ton of tackles every year. We need better DL so he doesnt have to shed so much blockers and make a tackle 10 yards down field.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
The only way I'd trade Vilma would be for Vilma and a 3rd for #2
That's a bit ridiculous. Maybe Vilma and a high 2nd. That's a bit more realistic, but still a stretch.

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:32 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

They run a 3-4, which is the only reason why Vilma is even thought about being dealt.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:33 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shavedaeyebrow2 View Post
Wow, if this happens, I may just not become a Jets fan anymore. We trade away the bulk of our draft, and our defensive captain. Just wow.
You say that now, but when Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,500 yards his rookie campaign, you may begin to reconsider . . .
Old 03-03-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The rumor around Denver was that Detroit wanted to acquire Al Wilson, but Shanny shot that down immediately. Now the Lions appear to be going after even bigger game in Vilma... I guess they *really* want a MLB to anchor their defense.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:35 PM    (permalink
TCU
All-Pro

TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.TCU is so money.

wow this would be a huge deal, Vilma is the face of the franchise and i couldnt see him anywhere but NYJ. This trade is for All Day but the Jets have to give up a lot for him, but you never know if relations between Vilma and the Jets might not be the strongest. Trade or no trade this is still exciting stuff.

former #1 in post count on this site
first to 500 posts
TCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Vilma does not fit the 3-4 so I understand it partially....but that run defense was so bad last year and they would be losing their best LB. Seems kind of fishy unless they bring in a FA or two.

And it would make mocks so hard to make because I could see them taking Quinn, Peterson, or Johnson there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ks_perfection
Veteran

ks_perfection hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
You say that now, but when Adrian Peterson rushes for 2,500 yards his rookie campaign, you may begin to reconsider . . .
The only way AD would rush for 2,500 yards is on Madden 2008 if your playing on easy.
ks_perfection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate being "that guy" but can I have a link about this? Usually people say "John Clayton Reports. . . ." or "Adam Schefter reports. . . ." when there's a faulty news item. I remember reading on YAHOO! Answers some guy saying that Troy Aikman was coming out of retirement. Granted, this is a lot more realistic but the price for trading that high up would be ridiculous.

If so, this is obviously for AD but how would they work Leon Washington into the offense more? AD is obviously starting but how would they utilize Leon, I'm guessing like NE uses Kevin Faulk?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ks_perfection View Post
The only way AD would rush for 2,500 yards is on Madden 2008 if your playing on easy.
LOL! Most likely more than that, I could probably average 1018 yards per game with AD on Rookie.

Number 10, there run defense was so bad last year, but so was their run offense.