Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Darren McFadden getting a pass on criticism.

McFadden was supposed to be a better prospect than Adrian Peterson. He hasn't done anything in Oakland. Adrian Peterson would never settle for being a backup averaging 3.1ypc.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't stay healthy and is not complemented by a competent passing game.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...wow did you just say DMC was a better prospect that AD?

no

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a Reggie Bush type of guy right now. Isnt good in between the tackles, but if he gets to the edge he can break it. If he can be completly healthy and have Michael Bush be our work horse, he should be able to get touches in many ways

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
He can't stay healthy and is not complemented by a competent passing game.
I thought about that too. He hasn't been all that productive even when healthy. When a guy is compared to Adrian Peterson it makes me ask myself how they would be doing if they swapped teams. I have a hard time believing Peterson would be a backup in Oakland. I also have a hard time envisioning McFadden as the best back in the league if he played in Minnesota.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
...wow did you just say DMC was a better prospect that AD?

no
Many people considered McFadden the better prospect of the two. If you deny that then you either weren't paying attention or are playing revisionist history.

Old 10-28-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the only draft site I go to and the AD love trumps everything besides maybe Jordyz, no way anyone who saw both play regularly would think that DMC was a better RB

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:35 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never liked DMC as much as AD. AD was a godly prospect even though I was a moron who likes Marshawn Lynch more. But im hyphy. it does help having a sick offensive line in Oakland. . .
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I thought about that too. He hasn't been all that productive even when healthy. When a guy is compared to Adrian Peterson it makes me ask myself how they would be doing if they swapped teams. I have a hard time believing Peterson would be a backup in Oakland. I also have a hard time envisioning McFadden as the best back in the league if he played in Minnesota.
I can see why they are compared. Relatively tall running backs with good speed that run high,but Peterson is a far more physical runner. McFadden has proven he can't handle the bulk of the carries.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

iirc most of the smart people on this forum had either j stew or mendenhall or both ranked ahead of mcfadden

anyone who thought AD wasnt a better prospect was a fool. the ONLY thing you couldve said is that AD had injury concerns. of course, mcfadden did too with his skinny ass legs
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Seems like a Reggie Bush type of guy right now. Isnt good in between the tackles, but if he gets to the edge he can break it. If he can be completly healthy and have Michael Bush be our work horse, he should be able to get touches in many ways
Bush's size indicates he could be a workhorse,but he dances like a 5"10 185 back. Fargas is by far the most consistent runner of the group.
Old 10-28-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DMC gets a pass because he's on the raiders...

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think McFadden has quite proven that. An inability to stay healthy? yes. I'm still going to give him a bit more time. No one is AD, so he shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I don't think McFadden has quite proven that. An inability to stay healthy? yes. I'm still going to give him a bit more time. No one is AD, so he shouldn't even be mentioned in this thread.
He's missed 6 games in his career. I think he'll play,but will never be truly healthy. He's tall,slender,and runs high. He's far too easy to tackle to be a true feature back.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD was the best RB prospect I've ever seen. McFadden was an excellent prospect, but I didn't have him on AD's level. Plus, Oakland is plain horrible in every way imaginable. Bad OL, no passing game, etc. He should be doing better, but he'd be a solid 4 ypc guy who is a weapon out of the backfield if he had anything close to competence around him. Still a disappointment, but yeah.

Also no one talks about him because, well... no one talks about the Raiders and he isn't holding them back or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Last edited by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) : 10-28-2009 at 09:03 PM.
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Technically speaking McFadden isn't a back-up, he had already taken that starting job when he was healthy just prior to injury, so I don't know if I'd call him that anymore. He had overtaken Fargas and Bush at one point this year and it was obvious he was their most talented back.

Still, it looks way worse when you realize what type of back he is, and know that you can get guys like CJ and Felix Jones to do what he does much later without spending a top 10 pick. Still, I don't really give any 1st round pick by Oakland much of a chance, when they continually draft bust in the top 10 it makes me think it's more to do with the situation so much the player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Technically speaking McFadden isn't a back-up, he had already taken that starting job when he was healthy just prior to injury, so I don't know if I'd call him that anymore. He had overtaken Fargas and Bush at one point this year and it was obvious he was their most talented back.

Still, it looks way worse when you realize what type of back he is, and know that you can get guys like CJ and Felix Jones to do what he does much later without spending a top 10 pick. Still, I don't really give any 1st round pick by Oakland much of a chance, when they continually draft bust in the top 10 it makes me think it's more to do with the situation so much the player.
Now this begs the question that if Crabtree was drafted by the Raiders, would he have been a bust? He's shown with limited practice that he's a very good player and even with JaMarcus Russell at QB, I think Crabtree would've succeeded there.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffSamardzijaIRISH View Post
Now this begs the question that if Crabtree was drafted by the Raiders, would he have been a bust? He's shown with limited practice that he's a very good player and even with JaMarcus Russell at QB, I think Crabtree would've succeeded there.
A 5 yard throw is an adventure with JaWalrus.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Adrian Peterson would never settle for being a backup averaging 3.1ypc.
We'll likely never know what Peterson would "settle" for unless the Vikings offense starts playing like Oakland's.

McFadden is still easily the most dangerous player on that offense. He just can't stay healthy.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hutchinson alone is a better O-Line than what the Raiders have put out the past 2 years......

A RB can only go as far as the O-Line will let them and if the O-Line isn't doing anything.....than you can't expect the RB to make much happen.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the raiders just suck so much as a franchise.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

If a RB was only as good as his line then that means any back could run as well behind Minnesota's line as Peterson does. Do you really believe any RB in the league would be as good as Peterson if they played for Minnesota? Conversely, If Peterson ran behind Oakland's line, do you really believe Peterson would average 3.1ypc? Really? Come on now.

Old 10-28-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards before Peterson was drafted,and he's little more than a good third down back.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If a RB was only as good as his line then that means any back could run as well behind Minnesota's line as Peterson does. Do you really believe any RB in the league would be as good as Peterson if they played for Minnesota? Conversely, If Peterson ran behind Oakland's line, do you really believe Peterson would average 3.1ypc? Really? Come on now.
Obviously there is talent involved in regards to RBs but you see systems like Denver where the likes of Ron Dayne and Reuben Droughns can get themselves good seasons.

I do think that a lot of RBs can run well behind the Vikings O-Line but just won't produce what All Day has done. I don't think that many RBs can have good seasons under the crippled and weak Raiders O-Line however though......Maybe even Peterson.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Chester Taylor ran for 1200 yards before Peterson was drafted,and he's little more than a good third down back.
Peterson ran for 1,760 yards last year.