Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I've been lurking here for a couple years. Long time cowboys fan. Lots to add, enjoy most of you guys' post. Figured I'd finally start adding my own thoughts.
Who are you guys rooting for in this Giants/Eagles game?...Eagles win things tighten up, but we have a shot at first.... giants win, they open a bigger lead, but we're in better position for wild card. I didn't even think we had a shot to win the division realistically at the start of the season, but things obviously change.
Welcome to the forum! I hope you know what you're getting into. haha.

So tell us why you chose that username? I think Philly wins easily as a matter of fact. Giants aren't as good as I thought they were and Philly is better than I thought they were.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No particular reason for the user name. Couldn't think of anything else.

The Giants are struggling obviously, but I'm not going to count them out just yet. That'd be foolish. The offense is a work in progress just like ours, I expect them to have great games and bad ones....I don't know what they are yet. A bit overrated obviously, but not by much.

Same goes for the Eagles too honestly. McNabb hasn't been the best against the blitz, and while they arguably have the best offensive weapons in the East, it hasn't all come together yet.
I really want to see Austin/Roy/Felix up against Philly's defense though, and Jenkins/Tnew against Desean/Maclin/co. Tnew seemingly plays better against the smaller, quicker wide outs, so it should be an interesting matchup.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles/Giants game is a tough one to pick. If Philly wins they get momentum and another division win before hosting Dallas at home. If NY wins they keep a one game lead over the Cowboys.

I'd rather have the Giants win. The Cowboys will have to take care of business no matter what in the coming weeks, but Philly doesn't need any momentum against the Cowboys. They've already got a mental edge in that shithole they call a stadium, so coming off two straight wins against divisional opponents would give them a mindset the Cowboys don't want to see.

On the plus side they do play three straight divisional opponents. It's hard to beat all three in the East consecutively, so if the Eagles do win this week, they've got a serious challenge ahead of them to beat Dallas. Not only are East games so grueling, but to go through that three straight weeks is asking for a loss or two.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No particular reason for the user name. Couldn't think of anything else.

The Giants are struggling obviously, but I'm not going to count them out just yet. That'd be foolish. The offense is a work in progress just like ours, I expect them to have great games and bad ones....I don't know what they are yet. A bit overrated obviously, but not by much.

Same goes for the Eagles too honestly. McNabb hasn't been the best against the blitz, and while they arguably have the best offensive weapons in the East, it hasn't all come together yet.
I really want to see Austin/Roy/Felix up against Philly's defense though, and Jenkins/Tnew against Desean/Maclin/co. Tnew seemingly plays better against the smaller, quicker wide outs, so it should be an interesting matchup.
I love our match up against the Eagles defense...especially w/out Dawkins.

The race in the East will go down to the wire. I had the Giants cruising through the division in the preaseason with like an 11 or 12 win season. That's why I said they aren't as good as I thought they were. I also had Philly 3rd in the division and I think they are better than that. Gonna be interesting for sure.

With no deep safety worth a darn, Philly is gonna expose the Giants this week. I really don't expect that close of a game.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't help but think that I wish the Eagles were scheduled earlier in the season. It seems like we can never beat them later on in the season.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Philly are pretenders. Their offense hasn't done much this season, and it's their D that's been decent. Even with that being said, they just haven't been that impressive to me outside of beating bad teams. They lose to the freaking Raiders, and the next week they beat Washington's sorry asses and now they're the best team in the Division? I think the Giants are better to be quite honest. Philly's pass happy style is going to let them down again this year, and eventually their D will get gashed against the run. They're all sizzle and no steak.

Old 10-30-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think Philly are pretenders. Their offense hasn't done much this season, and it's their D that's been decent. Even with that being said, they just haven't been that impressive to me outside of beating bad teams. They lose to the freaking Raiders, and the next week they beat Washington's sorry asses and now they're the best team in the Division? I think the Giants are better to be quite honest. Philly's pass happy style is going to let them down again this year, and eventually their D will get gashed against the run. They're all sizzle and no steak.
hahaaha. Philly - They're all sizzle and no steak

Dallas - steak and no sizzle
Old 10-30-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The Cowboys are more like a too raw steak. They got all the meat, but they haven't cooked it long enough. They need some oven time. lol

Old 10-30-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
The Cowboys are more like a too raw steak. They got all the meat, but they haven't cooked it long enough. They need some oven time. lol
Nah. This is Wade's last year of his contract... he's been cooking long enough.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Nah. This is Wade's last year of his contract... he's been cooking long enough.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its fair to call Philly pretenders. The guys have been decimated by injuries just like the Giants. Against the Raiders, they had 4 backup olinemen in the game. Think about that.

I think on paper, Philly is clearly the most talented team in the East. To me, its not even close.

But we all know that doesn't always make you the best team. So who knows what happens, but Philly scares me more than any other East opponent.
Old 10-30-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think its fair to call Philly pretenders. The guys have been decimated by injuries just like the Giants. Against the Raiders, they had 4 backup olinemen in the game. Think about that.

I think on paper, Philly is clearly the most talented team in the East. To me, its not even close.

But we all know that doesn't always make you the best team. So who knows what happens, but Philly scares me more than any other East opponent.
This is what I feel. We've kind've seen what the Giants and 'Boys are. Both have room to improve, Philly is scary because they've looked extremely good against the lesser opponents. We will see in the coming games though.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is what I feel. We've kind've seen what the Giants and 'Boys are. Both have room to improve, Philly is scary because they've looked extremely good against the lesser opponents. We will see in the coming games though.
The reason why the Giants and Eagles have looked so good against lesser opponents is bc those opponents weren't talented enough to take advantage of our injuries.

But once we played against some teams with good talent, they were able to expose those injuries and take advantage of them. You can only do so much before it gets exposed.

The Raiders game was just a classic letdown loss for the Eagles. Each of our teams will have one.

Even this Giants/Eagles game, both teams are going into the game with a bunch of injuries. I don't know if the Giants and Eagles will play each other this year at close to full strength. Its a shame, but it is what it is.

As long as Dallas stays healthier than those 2 teams, they're looking real good.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The reason why the Giants and Eagles have looked so good against lesser opponents is bc those opponents weren't talented enough to take advantage of our injuries.

But once we played against some teams with good talent, they were able to expose those injuries and take advantage of them. You can only do so much before it gets exposed.

The Raiders game was just a classic letdown loss for the Eagles. Each of our teams will have one.

Even this Giants/Eagles game, both teams are going into the game with a bunch of injuries. I don't know if the Giants and Eagles will play each other this year at close to full strength. Its a shame, but it is what it is.

As long as Dallas stays healthier than those 2 teams, they're looking real good.
That could be the case this week for us. Coming off a big win against Atlanta with Philly and Green Bay the next two weeks, could be a let down/look ahead game. I think we will win but it might be alot closer than we would like.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
That could be the case this week for us. Coming off a big win against Atlanta with Philly and Green Bay the next two weeks, could be a let down/look ahead game. I think we will win but it might be alot closer than we would like.
I counter your Wade Phillips with Jim Mora Jr.

You guys will win.
Old 10-30-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Nah the Boys had a celebratory Monday day off... They are definitely not overlooking the Seagulls. ;)
Old 10-30-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ratliff bruised his knee yesterday.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4609353

Not sure if anyone else posted this or not. I say we sit him this week to keep him fresh for Philly.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was i the only one totally unimpressed with the Eagles victory over the Deadskins? Washington put little to no effort on offense and they still managed 17 points on the Eagles. Campbell is straight garbage, and they completely abused him, yet, if Zorn kicks a FG instead of going for it, it's a one touchdown game in crunch time. I'm really not all that impressed with Philadelphia, the Giants are still the only team to beat in the division, imo.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Was i the only one totally unimpressed with the Eagles victory over the Deadskins?
No.

24-17 Giants.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really think there's a top team in the division right now. Each of the top three teams has an major problem.

Philly- Refusal to run the ball, health of offensive line
Giants- Gaping hole at safety, great running game now merely good, inconsistency at WR
Dallas- Interior run D, pass defense, inconsistency at QB

No one really stands out right now. We're all pretty average.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, Philly is a pretender, not a contender. McNabb has been famous for choking games away since their SB loss. Don't they still hold the rcd. for most playoff losses recently?

The Giants with that d-line have to be considered the team to beat in this division. They lost to the Saints, who're easily the team to beat in the whole freaking League this season, maybe with the exception of Indy.

As for Dallas' sizzle, that is the exclusive dept. of Jerry Jones & his insane marketing policies. Remember the go-go girls dancing on the upper deck platforms for the stadium premiere, that was pure Vegas glitz.

D is right, Wade has been cooking on the back burner long enough. If he was going to assert himself & motivate this team he would've done it by now. They could still miss the playoffs with a mediocre 9-7 rcd. & that's good enough to can him.

Dallas fans have to know by now with all the turmoil in winless Tennessee with their manipulative a-hole owner Bud Adams that Fisher could be looking for an exit soon, & Jerry Jones will be waiting with his crocodile smile & a fat contract in hand. Does anybody believe it was actually Fisher's idea to start Vince Young Sunday? c'mon.

Last edited by LizardState : 10-31-2009 at 10:12 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisher is an idiot if he didn't want to start VY yet, they are what, 0-6 now? Collins had negative yards passing vs NE, you can't be so stubborn that you want to keep Collins in knowing he isn't taking them anywhere.

It might be different if Collins was playing decent and the rest of the team sucks, but you could make a very good argument that Collins IS the reason they haven't won a game yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that said, I'm praying they fail so we can get Fisher in him, #1 on my list, even if Cowher somehow wanted to come here. Shanny is a nice secondary option, but Fisher could win a SB with the talent on this roster as is I believe. We have the perfect recipe for him to mold into a great team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn that clubbed hand on Sensabaugh.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Is Fisher really that great? I think he's good but I've always thought a coach had to win at least one championship to be considered great. Needless to say I think Fisher would be a big upgrade over Wade though obviously.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote