Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 11-08-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas
Default why the ravens are 4 and 4

playoff hopes are beginning to look dim. As a whole, our team looked bad against the bengals. Flacco was scared, our o-line was getting dominated, and our defense, yet again, let up big plays.

1. Our secondary is horrible. Ed Reed can't do everything, our corners are playing like pansies.
2. The Ravens offensive line is playing extremely inconsistent on passing downs.

HOPEFULLY we can get to 10-6..

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
playoff hopes are beginning to look dim. As a whole, our team looked bad against the bengals. Flacco was scared, our o-line was getting dominated, and our defense, yet again, let up big plays.

1. Our secondary is horrible. Ed Reed can't do everything, our corners are playing like pansies.

2. The Ravens offensive line is playing extremely inconsistent on passing downs.

HOPEFULLY we can get to 10-6..
minus Lardarius Webb, that man is a pure baller. He plays the run better than any freaking corner on the team. He is a must start for the rest of the season.

I also think the playoffs are going to be very hard to reach.

We have to win at least one of the games between Pittsburgh, we must beat the 3 cake walks in Cleveland, Detroit and Oakland. We also have Green Bay and Chicago, both teams are playing terrible football right now but they aren't going to be easy wins either. And I think just about any Raven fan will guarantee a loss whenever Indy is on the schedule.

So the best we can hope for is 10-6 unless we miraculously beat Indianapolis or sweep Pittsburgh.

Also, can we really rely on Steven Hauschka for the rest of the season? I mean, he can't make the pressure kicks and we can't afford any more misses in the clutch, are there any kickers in free agency?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to say no playoffs this year so I can either be right or be wrong and happy
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
I am going to say no playoffs this year so I can either be right or be wrong and happy
While I would mad as hell if we miss out of the playoffs this year, the huge upside to not making the playoffs is that this years draft class is STACKED with talent. So a higher pick wouldn't hurt at all. With that said, I still believe the Ravens are in contention. Anything can happen, look at the Eagles last year.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
While I would mad as hell if we miss out of the playoffs this year, the huge upside to not making the playoffs is that this years draft class is STACKED with talent. So a higher pick wouldn't hurt at all. With that said, I still believe the Ravens are in contention. Anything can happen, look at the Eagles last year.
Yea there is still a chance we can make the playoffs but we need to play 100% better to get there. Indy and Pitt twice is going to be the hard part. The only way making the playoffs will be worth it is if we can win 2 of those games proving we deserve to be there not beating the suck teams like Oakland/Detroit/Cleveland
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Yea there is still a chance we can make the playoffs but we need to play 100% better to get there. Indy and Pitt twice is going to be the hard part. The only way making the playoffs will be worth it is if we can win 2 of those games proving we deserve to be there not beating the suck teams like Oakland/Detroit/Cleveland
well, by the numbers we have to win 6 of our next 8 games. Out of those games here are the most winnable -

Detroit
Cleveland
Oakland
Chicago

After those cake-walks we have Green Bay, which is definitely winnable, but remember, they will also be in the playoff hunt and will be playing very hard, plus its gonna be AT Lambeau Field (never easy to win there) However, if we pressure Rodgers we'll win but if they stretch the field and we don't touch Rodgers we lose.

Now, the two toughest teams left are the Colts and Steelers, thankfully we won't be in a position that we MUST beat the Colts if we take care of business with the crappy teams, but beating Pittsburgh once is a MUST, and right now, I can't see it happening, we struggle against teams w/ good QB's and WR's and we just aren't in a state to be competitive with the powerhouse teams. Our defense definitely needs to be re-vamped.
Old 11-09-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You all definitely need the Broncos to go ahead and win the AFCW. Then you've got a tiebreaker on San Diego so just match their record and you get a WC before they do.

The tough part is I don't see the Steelers falling down the stretch and it would be hard to get 3 AFCN teams in. You absolutely have to split with Pittsburgh to have a chance I'd think.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
You all definitely need the Broncos to go ahead and win the AFCW. Then you've got a tiebreaker on San Diego so just match their record and you get a WC before they do.

The tough part is I don't see the Steelers falling down the stretch and it would be hard to get 3 AFCN teams in. You absolutely have to split with Pittsburgh to have a chance I'd think.
Your right, but I can't see how we can win one against Pitt. They're playing great football right now and I think they'll end up winning the division with the Bengals going in as the WC. That leaves Houston, San Diego(assuming Denver wins the division) and Baltimore. And a darkhorse would be Miami from the AFC East.