Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfan3 View Post
I'm not sold on Vilma not fitting yet, he would be an excellent player with a solid NT, but just nothing what he could be in a 4-3. Vilma on the Lions is better than anyone you can draft.

Exactly, I think he definitely could be a pretty good fit in the 3-4, but nothing compared to what he can be in the 4-3. If the team decides that he will not be an elite player in a 3-4 defense, it would make sense to trade him this offseason while people have seen him have a good season in a 4-3 recently. The ONLY reason we would trade Vilma is because Mangini is convinced he cannot be an elite 3-4 ILB, and IF that is the case and the Jets have fallen in love with AD or CJ the trade makes sense for both sides. If not, the trade will not happen.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
He probably has around 2 or 3 years left I'd guess, which is enough time for Calvin to develop if he needs any time. If not, CJ is an immediate spark for our offense and when Coles retires we have a fairly polished elite #1 receiver and a very solid #2 who we just locked up for another 5 years in Cotchery. I've said it a couple times in this thread, a trade up for CJ makes enough sense that you cannot assume that the trade will be for Peterson. And I would not be surprised if Tangini fell in love with the guy and decided that he's the guy they want on this team, what is there not to like about Calvin Johnson?
I agree with everything you said. We can't go wrong with Calvin. If OAK takes CJ #1 overall, then, we settle for Peterson. I've seen people mention "Tangini" multiple times. Is this some kind of nickname or a typo? Is it a combo of Tannenbaum and Mangini?
Old 03-04-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree with everything you said. We can't go wrong with Calvin. If OAK takes CJ #1 overall, then, we settle for Peterson. I've seen people mention "Tangini" multiple times. Is this some kind of nickname or a typo? Is it a combo of Tannenbaum and Mangini?
It's a combo of Tannenbaum and Mangini, or at least that's how I use it.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:11 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/

Vilma trade? John Clayton says he never mentioned it

There is all kinds of talk, blogs and posts out there about ESPN's John Clayton supposedly mentioning a possible trade between the Lions and Jets that would involve Detroit's second overall pick for linebacker Jonathan Vilma and assorted draft picks.

"What? I never said a word about it. I've never mentioned Jonathan Vilma,'' Clayton said moments ago.

Ah, Internet rumors. At least this one got shot down before it grew into a monster.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well so much for that, lol.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the idea just because Vilma does not fit in the 3-4 at all. . And he is the ideal tampa 2 MIKE for Marinelli
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I'm not sold on Vilma not fitting yet, he would be an excellent player with a solid NT, but just nothing what he could be in a 4-3. Vilma on the Lions is better than anyone you can draft.
Well... you can't say yet that Willis will or will not be a beast. Yes, we KNOW that Vilma is a monster, but we're not sure yet if Willis (or any other MLB prospect) will be a stud.

That being said, IF they made this trade, they would have to believe that Vilma doesn't fit. And, if they made the trade, they'd have to throw in their #25 and their late second.

***THIS JUST IN***
Saw this on mlive.com:
Quote:
There is all kinds of talk, blogs and posts out there about ESPN's John Clayton supposedly mentioning a possible trade between the Lions and Jets that would involve Detroit's second overall pick for linebacker Jonathan Vilma and assorted draft picks.

"What? I never said a word about it. I've never mentioned Jonathan Vilma,'' Clayton said moments ago.

Ah, Internet rumors. At least this one got shot down before it grew into a monster.
Bah... that sucks. (Wow... I was a bit late.)
Old 03-04-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

aww **** this sucks

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Would have been an interesting trade, I think it spurred from people assuming we don't think Vilma can be a fit in a 3-4. If we traded him it would have meant that and I would not have minded the deal, but I'm glad we'll probably be giving him another opportunity in the defense.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

man im pissed im gonna go eat a cat

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by familyguy555 View Post
man im pissed im gonna go eat a cat
*sigh*... save some for me.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
*sigh*... save some for me.
I'll take the tail. :( I'm in deep sorrow and morning. Well, it was fun to speculate about.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
http://www.mlive.com/lions/weblog/

WOW. I posted this 3 threads into this post.

Quote:
STOP!

Now take a deep breath! This is a rumor from someone who posted it, and that person didnt even hear it.

Has anyone even heard this even being mentioned, or heard it on ESPN? Cause i havent, and I feel like everyone is posting about nothing and nonsense!

Not even the biggest rumor mill in the internet profootballtalk doesnt have anything about it
7 threads later we finally have sanity.. Thank you for ending this!
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Jonathan_VIlma
Pro Bowler

Jonathan_VIlma hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Regardless, I doubt the Jets try and trade up anyway. It would take our whole draft + some of next year. We're bringing in Ahman Green, Chris Brown and T.J. Duckett for visits, and Nick Harper, David Bowens, and Kenyon Coleman as well. This all indicates to me that we will go offensive line in the draft again, as they are trying to shore up our other holes through free agency.

Designs by Thule
Jonathan_VIlma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
Regardless, I doubt the Jets try and trade up anyway. It would take our whole draft + some of next year. We're bringing in Ahman Green, Chris Brown and T.J. Duckett for visits, and Nick Harper, David Bowens, and Kenyon Coleman as well. This all indicates to me that we will go offensive line in the draft again, as they are trying to shore up our other holes through free agency.
I have no problem with that style anyway. Speculating about getting AD or CJ is exciting though.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
eacantdraft
Pro Bowler

eacantdraft smells like sex panther.

Got to love the internet and all some dweeb can start a rediculous rumour and that rumour is taken as if it were gospel.

Thank Gawd there are posters willing to shoot these silly rumours down.
eacantdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didnt see this coming.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:11 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eacantdraft View Post
Got to love the internet and all some dweeb can start a rediculous rumour and that rumour is taken as if it were gospel.

Thank Gawd there are posters willing to shoot these silly rumours down.
Actually, the rumor was proposed like most other trades... starting with the "John Clayton just said this on ESPN..." line. It isn't unreasonable to entertain the idea, as the trade was reasonable for both teams.

And... you can "Thank Gawd" all you'd like, but it wasn't a "poster" that shot this "silly rumor" down... it was well-known writer that actually contacted John Clayton.

But, LOL! THANK GAWD, RITE!?