Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-04-2007, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4601378.html

The Texans have reached an agreement with their first free agent Green Bay running back Ahmad Green.

Green, 30, is signing a four-year contract worth $22 million, including $6.5 million in guarantees.
PERFECT.

I was hoping it would not reach the $6 million mark, this means my initial offer to Rhodes of 4 years-$14 million is still realistic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:51 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
He probably wasn't coming back regardless.
But it's Samkon Gado, commie!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots-Lions View Post
But it's Samkon Gado, commie!
But he was completely useless, PL!

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this doesnt make sense to me. take mario williams over reggie bush then sign ahman green the next year.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am guessing this is what happens?:

-Ahman Green gets a very good amount of carries in Houston.
-Ron Dayne gets short-yardage (he did ok, believe it or not, last season)
-Wali Lundy gets a few carries per game
-Williams goes either on IR or makes the roster but is inactive each week?

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:54 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
this doesnt make sense to me. take mario williams over reggie bush then sign ahman green the next year.
I think it's been pretty well-established, because of the amount of dancing he does and how he swings to the outside, Bush would've been a poor fit in the ZBS for Houston. Granted, receiving wise he would've made his impact but I'm not sure that would've made up for it with Daniels and Moulds also there.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:56 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Oh god man, please dont turn another Texans thread into this conversation.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:02 PM    (permalink
OhioState
Veteran

OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.OhioState hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

did williams last name used to be davis? i remember their injured rb being dominick davis
Old 03-04-2007, 06:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes it did but he changed it to his mothers maiden name I believe. I'm not positive as to what the reason is but I think that was it.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
rumfinator
Rookie

rumfinator hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Young, lol.
What are you laughing about? You know he is not referring to Green, but a young running back to come into Green Bay.
rumfinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

What happens to Domanick Davis now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:18 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Yes it did but he changed it to his mothers maiden name I believe. I'm not positive as to what the reason is but I think that was it.
Alot of guys have been changing last names. (Jones-Drew)
Peterson is still a likely pick at #8, Dayne and Green are older now and not as effective (though Dayne never really was)
Gado is just saving money for med school.
Lundy may not become a good back.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really doesn't change anything, if AD is there at 8 they are going to take him. They just gave a 30 year old back a 4 year contract but I highly doubt he ever sees the last 2 years of the contract.

This is just insurance incase Dominick can't bounce back or AD isn't there. They only gave him 6.5 in Bonuses so its not exactly like were tied to him.

Last edited by energizerbunny : 03-04-2007 at 06:41 PM.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:36 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

AD will go well before #8 so it won't matter. I think they go Brady Quinn myself.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:39 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
This really doesn't change anything, if AD is there at 8 they are going to take him. They just gave a 30 year old back a 4 year contract but I highly doubt he ever sees the last 2 years of the contract.

This is just insurance incase Dominick can't bounce back or AD isn't there. They only gave him 6.5 in Bonuses so its just exactly like were tied to him.
Pretty good points, although what about Wali Lundy and Ron Dayne? You guys say that Gado is gone, but AD, Ahman, Lundy and Dayne would be a very deep backfield. Most teams don't carry 4 RB's on their roster. According to RotoWorld, they are trying to re-sign Dayne.

Quote:
The Texans are still trying to re-sign Ron Dayne, despite the acquisition of Ahman Green.
Since they won't face much competition, Dayne will probably return. His potential for carries is way down now, however. We're surprised Houston doesn't aim higher by trying to develop a draft pick instead of stockpiling veterans on the decline.
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=983

I don't think they will take AD...they have too many needs elsewhere now.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Holy smokes, Green's agent should get a medal.
No kidding. I cannot fault Ted Thompson for this at all. I would never give Green that kind of money anymore.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:44 PM    (permalink
energizerbunny
Veteran

energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.energizerbunny is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Pretty good points, although what about Wali Lundy and Ron Dayne? You guys say that Gado is gone, but AD, Ahman, Lundy and Dayne would be a very deep backfield. Most teams don't carry 4 RB's on their roster. According to RotoWorld, they are trying to re-sign Dayne.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...ort=NFL&id=983

I don't think they will take AD...they have too many needs elsewhere now.

If is AD is there they won't hesitate to take him, but thats also like saying if Calvin Johnson falls to 8 they won't hesitate to take him either.

Laron would be the best pick but he too might be gone by then.
energizerbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:47 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by energizerbunny View Post
If is AD is there they won't hesitate to take him, but thats also like saying if Calvin Johnson falls to 8 they won't hesitate to take him either.

Laron would be the best pick but he too might be gone by then.
Well, I guess we can agree to disagree, because I think they would take Landry over AD if they both were available. Just my two cents.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If AD is there we will take him. He's a Texas native, plus he's said that he wants to come here more than anywhere else. After last year with Vince and Reggie, we will take AD if he's available, or we will trade down and take Landry shortly after the 10th pick.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Grid
Rookie

Grid hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
You mean Ahman Green.......

And I want to see his contract figures because Rhodes did not sign with NYG because he wanted someone else to set the bar for RBs.
Green signed 4 year deal worth 22 MM with 6.5MM signing bonus. Not a bad deal for Texans if he can play healthy for 2 years then it will be well worth. I still think Texans will select AP at #8 if he is available. If not then Texans will select between Okoye, Branch, or Landry at #8 or they might want to trade down few spots and pick up few more draft picks.

Texans will not trade draft picks for Plummer and in the worst possible situation they will have David Carr starting the season but his role will be very limited. There is also a rumor that Texans will try to trade up with some kind of package with Cleveland to land at #3 to select AP or CJ.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 07:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did the Texans eat paint chips when they were children? Paying a 30 year old Ahman Green over 5 mil.

On the bright side the Packers have Morency as their starter as of right now, nice....

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:43 PM    (permalink
BehrenMan007
Pro Bowler

BehrenMan007 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

theyre stealing GB's backfield with gado and now ahman.

credit to cardsalltheway
BehrenMan007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice signing...he'll be interesting to play against twice a year.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:01 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BehrenMan007 View Post
theyre stealing GB's backfield with gado and now ahman.
Don't foget GB's coach and center as well...

they get smoked.

Old 03-04-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Ahman Green
1059 yards, 4.0 ypc, 46 receptions, 373 receiving yards, 6 TDs

Vernand Morency
0421 yards, 4.6 ypc, 16 receptions, 112 receiving yards, 2 TDs

I would've liked to have him for another year, but I won't complain knowing we would've had to pay over 5 million.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote