Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-16-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He makes MNF bearable imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did someone say they like Steve Young as a broadcaster?
EWWWWW. He's Cris Collinsworth bad. He talks down to everyone...makes him sound really arrogant. Consistently reaching out and touching the other announcers forearms (WTF is that about?) doesn't help the cause.
He says some really stupid stuff too. I HATE watching Steve Young on TV.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden is good. I like him on MNF. Jaws is horrendous.

Get Joe Montana in there.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've yet to see the broadcast deal to a player who could still play or a coach/front office guy that doesn't have some sort of opt out option in it.

If Gruden sees a job he likes, he can take it
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for him.

Any team that hired him this off-season would be a **** team. Unless that team's FO would be willing to give Gruden time to work on the players, it ain't worth it.
Old 11-16-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

overall I like this line up. Collinsdouche I could do without but he has actually been decent this year.

If they could just replace Collinsworth with Troy Aikman. Easily my favorite commentator.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
overall I like this line up. Collinsdouche I could do without but he has actually been decent this year.

If they could just replace Collinsworth with Troy Aikman. Easily my favorite commentator.
Collinsworth sounds like he's high every time he speaks. Man knows the game, but sounds like he's high. No business in the booth.
NotRickJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Did someone say they like Steve Young as a broadcaster?
EWWWWW. He's Cris Collinsworth bad. He talks down to everyone...makes him sound really arrogant. Consistently reaching out and touching the other announcers forearms (WTF is that about?) doesn't help the cause.
He says some really stupid stuff too. I HATE watching Steve Young on TV.
I hate to quote myself on this, but I forgot to mention that Cris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson (who also both suck) do the weird grabbing the other guys forearms. Its awkward.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden is the best thing to happen to MNF in a long time, he gets so excited talking about certain players who he played against especially in the NFC South and you can tell who he respects as a great player and it's nice to hear from a former coach. He gives great insight about things I really don't know and I learn alot listening to him, plus he seems like he's having a great time and you can tell when he gets excited about a good player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Gruden, Young and Jaws = Terrific. And come on you guys know Jaws is good.
You don't mean that as they should put those three in the booth, right? There'd be no play-by-play guy.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest problem with Gruden is he is in love with everybody, he'll never say anything Negative. After every play, "I Love (Player Name)!" or "I Love this Play Call!"
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
I hate to quote myself on this, but I forgot to mention that Cris Carter and Keyshawn Johnson (who also both suck) do the weird grabbing the other guys forearms. Its awkward.
At least they aren't grabbing the other guys' thighs.

Quote:
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:33 AM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the most watchable MNF crew they've had in some time. Tony K just sucked the life out of the games the last two years. At least they stay on message most of the time and yak about football instead interviewing some crappy actor plugging an awful movie every 8 minutes.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Gruden, defintiely makes MNF a little more interesting IMO.

However, both Chris Collinsworth and Steve Young should be simultaneously fired out of cannons and hit eachother at point blank range. It would make my day.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I LOOOOOOOOOOVE Gruden on MNF. He give the booth enthusiasm and excitement. I know he says that he gets over excited and rarely talks negative, but he has been a coach for a while and I can respect his opinion because he knows all the players that are currently in the league because he has played against these players and scouted them each week.

Another commentator I like is Brian Billick. He is a great offensive commentator. He really breaks down offensive formations and the benefits of each one for the viewer. He would be a great guy to add with two other commentators.

Quote:
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Jon Gruden on MNF. He is one of the better booth guys I have seen for a while. He is young, and he talks about things from a coaching standpoint. But with guys as famous as he is, he should go for whichever will pay him more.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jay Cutler, the Mannings, Favre, Vick, Henne, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Stafford, and Rodgers probably all have better arms than Tom on top of the ones you mentioned. That's not even mentioning guys who probably do, but don't count because their names are Kyle Boller.

Big arms definitely do not make the QB.
Lord Derek Anderson has a laser rocket arm that puts holes in the atmosphere.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jay Cutler, the Mannings, Favre, Vick, Henne, Big Ben, Joe Flacco, Stafford, and Rodgers probably all have better arms than Tom on top of the ones you mentioned. That's not even mentioning guys who probably do, but don't count because their names are Kyle Boller.

Big arms definitely do not make the QB.
You're underestimating Brady's arm. He throws one of the best deep balls in the game. Always has.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:01 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
You're underestimating Brady's arm. He throws one of the best deep balls in the game. Always has.
So do Rivers and Brees but that's not directly in correspondence with arm strength. All those guys technically have stronger arms but you'd still lose a leg before taking one of them before Brady.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey619 View Post
I like Jaws, he gives good insight and is very passionate about the game, you can hear it in his voice. Hes also not afraid to go out on a limb and maybe look bad in front of a national audience to say something that might blow up in his face.

Gruden has been terrible in the booth in my opinion. Yeah he too brings enthusiasm, but he only really comes out with generic cliches and bland uncommitive comments that dont bring anything special to the game. For a guy that was supposed to be a hardass coach, one who won a superbowl and accomplished a lot, and tough guy, he comes across as weak in the booth, like hes trying not to say anything that will prevent him from getting a coaching job in the future. Its dissappointing I guess because Id expect someone with his resume to bring a lot more to the booth than he does.
Welcome to the coaching industry! Of course he is trying to go that route. No coach in his right mind would run his mouth and talk smack, and then expect to come back to the NFL like that. The NFL coaches are a fraternity, and you do something to make them mad, and you might see yourself blackballed. I remember Mike Martz ranting and raving couple years back on how he thought he was getting blackballed. In this industry, at all levels, they all take care of their own, and if one of their own runs his mouth, then you will find yourself on the outside.

I am not surprised that he is playing the PC role and trying not to make waves. If that was me, and I want to come back to coaching, I'd do the same exact thing. I wouldn't want to get blackballed by the fraternity for running my mouth either.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:50 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
At least they aren't grabbing the other guys' thighs.
You don't know that, some of those desks are kind of high.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gruden cracks me up....he does make MNF bearable
Tony Dungy...good coach and all but c'mon would it kill ya to show some emotion...friggin boring.

And wow...so much Collinsworth hate....I actually think he's pretty entertaining

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Dirk360
Rookie

Dirk360 smells like sex panther.Dirk360 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
brady is one of the great strong armed qbs in the league. you dont have to be all yoked out to have a strong arm. that throw to moss the other night was 65 friggin yards in the air and was placed perfectly. just disgusting.
Dirk360 is offline   Reply With Quote