Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-19-2009, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
Nobody.

Who would you hire?
We don't really go out and bring in big name experienced guys, the last I can think of was Capers as DB coach but that didn't last long. As AntoinCD said, a DC with an attacking 3-4 would be nice, we were at our best when we had that great attacking defense. Right now I think we are simply lacking the personnel in the linebacking corps over a coach.

What kind of offense would you run?
Wouldn't change it, although I would like to see us run the ball more. Besides that duff fumble in Indy Maroney has looked pretty good. K Faulk should be utilized a little more, I know he is a key part of our 3rd down offense but he has made an impact every time he has been on the field this year. When Taylor and Morris come back I really want to see us pound the ball, I know Brady has looked really good but our run game needs to be more of a factor. Statistically we are in the middle of the pack, but we need to be more confident and effective on the ground towards the end of close games (see Indy).

What kind of defense would you run?
That attacking, pressure 3-4 that made our team great. Again, we need personnel here (PASS RUSH).

Who do you like in the draft for your team?
We need a pass rusher and an explosive young weapon on offense. Whether it be a back like Spiller or a wideout like Dez, we need a young playmaker to groom.

Players you would cut?
Nick Kaczur, Pierre Woods, Shawn Springs, Derrick Burgess

Player you would sign long term?
Wilfork and Mankins, Watson needs to get resigned but the other two are top priorities

Free agents?
Again, we need a pass rush. Merriman is still young and extremely talented, he has not been impressive whatsoever this year but if he gets 100% and shows signs of life he will be a top FA. Pats fans really want Peppers but I don't know if it would ever happen
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:21 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Isn't Atogwe a FA after this year? Think he sticks around St. Louis?
ugh, i forgot about that we franchised him and didn't actually re-sign him...yah that would be perfect haha, i'll add that

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire? Lovie Smith, Ron Turner
Who would you hire? Mike Shanahan and whoever he wants for OC, Marinelli as a DC
What kind of offense would you run? Kinda the one used in Denver
What kind of defense would you run? Cover-2
Who do you like in the draft for your team? well since we dont have a 1st/2nd round pick it doesnt matter
Players you would cut? Crappy Guard
Player you would sign long term? Forte and Knox? idk basically everyone we need is long time
Free agents? Logan Mankins maybe. there are not a lot of good ones out there.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:40 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First stab at the Skins based on a no cap year:

Who would you fire?
Vinny Cerrato and Jim Zorn

Who would you hire?
GM - Chris Polian
HC - Jim Harbaugh

RD1 - Russell Okung, OT / Joe Haden, CB / Eric Berry, DB
RD2 - Perrish Cox, CB / Noel Devine, RB / Jason Fox, OT
RD4 - JD Walton, C / Mike Neal, DT / Mitch Petrus, OG

Players you would cut?
Todd Collins, Rock Cartwright, Randel El

Players you would try to trade?
Carlos Rogers

Rocky McIntosh

Free agents?
Keith Ellison, Winston Justice, Rod Hood/Leigh Bodden, Charlie Batch
Old 11-19-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
DI
Veteran

DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DI is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
OC Kevin Gilbride

Who would you hire?
Charlie Weis for Offensive Coordinator once he gets fired

Wouldn't change it much but would try and take some more deep shots and stick with a more consistent running game (Jacobs 20 + carries a game)

Same 4-3 alignment but with more intensity and blitzing ala Steve Spagnuolo.

Brandon Spikes, Rolando McClain, Kam Chancellor

Players you would cut?
Antonio Pierce, CC Brown, Kevin Boothe

Steve Smith, Kevin Boss

Free agents?
Barret Ruud, Kirk Morrison, Stephen Tulloch, Nick Collins, Roman Harper, Brodney Pool, Chad Pennington. Guys I'd be interested in
DI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would tell the Falcons to stop getting injured. Michael Turner, Jerious Norwood, Harry Douglas, Peria Jerry, William Moore, Brian Williams, Sam Baker, Ovie Mughelli, etc have all missed time this season due to injuries. The Falcons aren't deep enough to keep absorbing injuries. Building depth will be the big thing this upcoming offseason.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders need to hire David Lee for Head Coach. He has done an outstanding job in Miami with the wildcat and their QBs. Lee will get the most out of McFadden, he coached him in Arkansas, Lee will use him the right way.

than I would sign Chad Pennington and draft some O-line, I wonder if Lee would want to draft Tebow?
Old 11-19-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Raiders need to hire David Lee for Head Coach. He has done an outstanding job in Miami with the wildcat and their QBs. Lee will get the most out of McFadden, he coached him in Arkansas, Lee will use him the right way.

than I would sign Chad Pennington and draft some O-line, I wonder if Lee would want to draft Tebow?
Good points there. Idk about Tebow in the 1st if thats what your thinking, but 2nd or 3rd sure. I wouldnt sign Pennington though, his arm is done, **** it was done before he was hurt. Id love to get Okung or Anthony Davis to help the oline and have some wildcat formations for DMC and Bush. We should have already been using the wildcat alot.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?

Mostly wishful thinking, but I'd probably want to replace both of the Patriots' coordinators. Not a huge fan of either.

Who would you hire?

In a dream scenario, Charlie Weis would get fired and return as offensive coordinator along with Crennel on defense.

I like the offense that's in place right now for the most part, with some changes to overall play-calling and more of a dedication to running the ball.

I'd try to replicate the old Patriots defenses as much as possible. More physical, a legitimate pass rush, some weird looks on the defensive front.

Any sort of linebacker. Good lord do we need linebackers. A pass rusher would be fantastic.

Players you would cut?

Laurence Maroney, either Matt Light or Nick Kaczur, Adalius Thomas, and Shawn Springs.

Gotta go with Vince Wilfork. Mankins I'd like but he's expendable in some situations (namely, if they like any of the OL they just drafted.)

Free agents?

Again, anyone who can really generate a pass rush. I might be partial to a veteran running back who can be had for cheap.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
Greg Mattison

Who would you hire?
Rob Ryan assuming he gets let go if Mangini gets fired

West coast considering thats the only thing our WR can do

Organized Chaos(may it RIP)

Best player available on defense or a WR/TE

Players you would cut?
Chris Carr if we draft a CB

Ngata,Gaither

Free agents?
Jackson,Marshall,or Austin if any of them hit the market
Old 11-19-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire? Nobody.
Who would you hire? Nobody.
What kind of offense would you run? The same we are running now.
What kind of defense would you run? Similar but with more exotic blitz'.
Who do you like in the draft for your team? SUH BABY SUH.
Players you would cut? KVB
Player you would sign long term? Bulluck.
Free agents? None.
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:19 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
Ron Rivera

Who would you hire?
Wade Phillips!!!!

The Rivers offensive

Ultra aggressive 3-4

Rolando McClain, Terrence Cody, Taylor Mays
Players you would cut?

Man, without Clinton Hart I have no nemesis.

Vincent Jackson, Antonio Gates, Marcus McNeill

Free agents?

F em. Aubrayo Franklin if he's available.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fire Childress, hire Gruden, draft a free safety, get a replacement for Fat Pat, get a replacement for Chester Taylor (Leon Washington would be nice), and draft a QB of the future=Unstoppable.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire? Our OC. Or at least demote his ass, he sucks. And Marc Bulger....
Who would you hire? Oh, oh....call me crazy.....Hire Mike Martz back as OC
What kind of offense would you run? Get the ball to #39. IDC how, he can throw it, he can punt it, run it, kick it. Just give #39 the damn ball.
What kind of defense would you run? IDK **** about defense, I'd have to get my plays from Madden
Who do you like in the draft for your team? A QB, Bulger sucks, I have had enough years with the bull ****, saying it was our o-line or our coaching, or whatever. We were wrong, he blows.
Players you would cut? The before mentioned Marc Bulger, if we only could cuz that would be a huge pentaly I am sure. Richie Incognito, Alex Barron.
Player you would sign long term? O.J. Atogwe, we need our defense
Free agents? Prolly O-Lineman and stuff like that
Old 11-19-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire? Everyone

Who would you hire? Mike Shanahan as HC, Ryan Grigson (Eagles director of college scouting) as GM (if Shanny is willing to be just a head coach)

What kind of offense would you run? Zone blocking running, play-action vertical passing

What kind of defense would you run? Traditional 4-3 with blitzing

Who do you like in the draft for your team? Sergio Render, Sam Young

Players you would cut? Crappy guard (thanks GOW), Orlando Pace, Kevin Jones

Player you would sign long term? Danieal Manning

Free agents? Vincent Jackson, Chester Taylor, Eugene Amano, Omar Gaither
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Marinelli as a DC
Why? The guy hasn't done crap as Dline coach and he has no experience as a coordinator. He is not an X's and O's guy at all and his acquisition was all hype.

Who would you fire? Lovie Smith and all coaches below him except for Dave Toub
Who would you hire? Mike Shanahan(Or give Dave Toub shot) HC, Jeremy Bates OC, Best 4-3 DC available
What kind of offense would you run? Shanahan's WCO
What kind of defense would you run? 4-3 but start transitioning away from Tampa 2 and soft zone coverage
Who do you like in the draft for your team? ZBS Olineman, Big NT that can take away double teams from Tommie
Players you would cut? Orlando Pace, let Ogunleye go in FA
Free agents? If available Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, or Malcolm Floyd. Chester Taylor and Logan Mankins.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who would you fire?
No one, Cecil and Dinger have had some good playcalling since the by week.
Who would you hire?
No one.
Same
Same
Everson Griffin, Dan Williams in the third (I hopes)
Players you would cut?
No one is pissing me off right now besides Michael Griffin, But I wouldnt cut him, He still has his games.
Eugene Amano, Keith Bulluck, KVB.
Free agents?
Julius Peppers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
Why? The guy hasn't done crap as Dline coach and he has no experience as a coordinator. He is not an X's and O's guy at all and his acquisition was all hype.

Who would you fire? Lovie Smith and all coaches below him except for Dave Toub
Who would you hire? Mike Shanahan(Or give Dave Toub shot) HC, Jeremy Bates OC, Best 4-3 DC available
What kind of offense would you run? Shanahan's WCO
What kind of defense would you run? 4-3 but start transitioning away from Tampa 2 and soft zone coverage
Who do you like in the draft for your team? ZBS Olineman, Big NT that can take away double teams from Tommie
Players you would cut? Orlando Pace, let Ogunleye go in FA
Free agents? If available Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, or Malcolm Floyd. Chester Taylor and Logan Mankins.

Floyd would be a good pickup for Cutler actually, he has a gigantor frame with long arms and sticky hands. He also caught Philip Rivers' first touchdown pass, which is notable because the ball turned into a glowing light and ascended towards the heavens only moments later. (Little known fact!)
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't fix something that isn't broken :(
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I wouldnt sign Pennington though, his arm is done, **** it was done before he was hurt.
Based on what? He had a great 2008. Pennington's arm has always been weak, that's nothing new.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:08 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Floyd would be a good pickup for Cutler actually, he has a gigantor frame with long arms and sticky hands. He also caught Philip Rivers' first touchdown pass, which is notable because the ball turned into a glowing light and ascended towards the heavens only moments later. (Little known fact!)
What are the chances you guys keep him and VJ?
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Francisco 49ers

Who would you fire? Jimmy Raye (OC), Chris Foerster (OL)

Who would you hire?Young, creative OC. Unfortunately the 49ers let Frank Cignetti, Jr. go in 2008 with the Martz hire.

What kind of offense would you run? Shotgun, multipe wide sets which would utilize the abilities of Alex Smith and Nate Davis as well as the current WRs and TEs on the roster.

What kind of defense would you run? Same defense that current DC Greg Manusky runs.

Who do you like in the draft for your team? Stud OT (Bulaga, Campbell, Davis), versatile Interior OL (Mike Iupati), Pass Rush specialist (Jerry Hughes, Derrick Morgan, Greg Romeus), Ball-Hawking FS, Return Specialist.

Players you would cut? Let OG - David Baas walk (replace with Iupati), WR -Arnaz Battle, WR - Isaac Bruce, DE - Demetric Evans (replace with Ricky Jean-Francois), QB - Shaun Hill, SS - Michael Lewis (replace with Reggie Smith), S - Mark Roman (replace with Curtis Taylor)

Player you would sign long term? Aubrayo Franklin, Vernon Davis, Patrick Willis, Shawntae Spencer, Tarell Brown

I would promote FB - Britt Miller and OT - Alex Boone from the Practice Squad.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Roy Williams: Be the Go-To Guy, or Cut Losses

Last resort time for WR Roy Williams. He thinks he has a pass on his underachievement b/c Jerry Jones put his own considerable ego on the line bringing him to Dallas in a highly profiled big trade with the Lions. He should be forced to learn otherwise.

The Dallas Cowboys should hire the best WR position specialist, even a HS coach if necessary, tell him to bring along videos & a text on Playing WR 101.

1st build a cone of silence around what you're doing & under no circumstances tell Jerry Jones the player career rehab you are about to do. If he or his minions inquire, lie about it. Better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission in this case.

Sit Roy Williams down in a p/o the Valley Ranch facility where Jerry Jones has no access, reset the cypherlock key code if necessary to the freaking room, give him the Come To Jesus speech: a brutal browbeating on how his pro career is jeopardized by his unacceptable drops & not paying attention to the small details of route running, getting separation from the DB, using his huge body to shield the ball from the DB, avoiding offensive PI, etc. Tell him he has lost his starting job to Hurd or Crayton or whomever, & unless he works with the team on this rehab for the full wk. they will hold him accountable in front of the entire team -- Humiliation & ridicule have always been the strongest weapons known to man.

Break his resistance, ego & spirit by threatening to release him from the team outright if he doesn't turn it around & showing him in 72-point bright red type on a PowerPoint slide just how much $ in gamechecks that will cost him this yr. alone if that transpires. The following slide s/b a list of the leading WRs available as UFAs & in the 2010 draft this offseason, then give Dez Bryant wearing a Dallas no. 11 jersey his own slide with captioned quotes from Dallas assts. on how high they are on him.

Then take him back to the basics, WR 101, a full wk. of back to school on playing the position. Grade him daily, even hourly: Chart his progress on a Powerpoint slide every day & show milestones missed & achieved. Show him what the role of a primary WR is, what it means to be that Go-To Guy, then compare the slides with slides charting the meteoric rise of Miles Austin, his primary competitor, as the Cowboys' Go-To Guy. At the end of the wk. if he passes, allow him to keep his job. If he doesn't, or shows a resistive bad attitude about this rehab, or worse case runs to Jones or any other Cowboys executive with a complaint, show him the door.

Wade Phillips won't do it, circumventing Jones can be career-limiting in that organization, but his own job may well rest on how Roy Williams develops or not.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-20-2009 at 01:38 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as Houston goes, I think that a good short yardage back and a good center field type of safety added to the current team would put them over the top into a perennial playoff team. You could argue that Houston would have 7-8 wins right now if they could run it in from the 1 yard line.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote