Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Risk simply in Cody as a player, there are obviously no sure things but there are definitely tons of question marks around him. I definitely agree, along with what you said about the trade. Probably would be good either way though, get that contract off the books.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok well I pulled the trigger, I plan on drafting an OLB and a 3-4 DE with those two picks, are those the two biggest needs or is there something more that I haven't seen.

I'm hoping for 19. Arthur Jones 24. Everson Griffen/Jerry Hughes or 19. Greg Hardy 24. Vince Oghobassee

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malaka View Post
Ok well I pulled the trigger, I plan on drafting an OLB and a 3-4 DE with those two picks, are those the two biggest needs or is there something more that I haven't seen.

I'm hoping for 19. Arthur Jones 24. Everson Griffen/Jerry Hughes or 19. Greg Hardy 24. Vince Oghobassee
Did you retain Lito in the mock?
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I don't think OLB gets drafted in the first round. It's possible, but Pace has been good recently and Thomas is probably going to be sticking around for a little while. A good right tackle would be a solid pick, nose tackle could also use some work, and then WR or corner depending on what happens with Sheppard and Edwards this offseason.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I retained Lito because it only costed me a 5th due to his injury. So DE is my #1 priority, but RT > OLB? I need to know which way to with my 2 picks #19 and #24.

So...
1. DE
2. RT
....?

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-01-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I retained Lito because it only costed me a 5th due to his injury. So DE is my #1 priority, but RT > OLB? I need to know which way to with my 2 picks #19 and #24.

So...
1. DE
2. RT
....?
I wouldn't be upset with an OLB. Bryan Thomas may be under contract for a few more years, but he hasn't done much in the pass rush this year, or for the vast majority of his career.

There is a reason the Jets drafted Vernon Gholston and brought in Calvin Pace the same year.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
I wouldn't be upset with an OLB. Bryan Thomas may be under contract for a few more years, but he hasn't done much in the pass rush this year, or for the vast majority of his career.

There is a reason the Jets drafted Vernon Gholston and brought in Calvin Pace the same year.
I wouldn't be upset with one either because I think it's a position that could be upgraded, but I'm not sure it should be a top two priority. If the value is there, absolutely. But if not, I don't think it should be reached for or anything like that.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Losing a game because of special teams really ticks me off. Our offense was great in the 2nd half. Sanchez really seemed to have control of the offense there in the 4th. Our defense was great. We actually had a pass rush which was nice to see. Special teams were awful. The kick coverage was poor and Ginn just faked out the whole unit on the 2nd return. Tough loss to swallow.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 06:28 AM    (permalink
jmess15
Rookie

jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.jmess15 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Losing a game because of special teams really ticks me off. Our offense was great in the 2nd half. Sanchez really seemed to have control of the offense there in the 4th. Our defense was great. We actually had a pass rush which was nice to see. Special teams were awful. The kick coverage was poor and Ginn just faked out the whole unit on the 2nd return. Tough loss to swallow.
I thought there was problems earlier in the game when Feely made two tackles on kickoffs. I am surprised this would happen to a Westhoff coached team.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmess15 View Post
I thought there was problems earlier in the game when Feely made two tackles on kickoffs. I am surprised this would happen to a Westhoff coached team.
Tough making up for Murrell, Cole, and Batman being deactivated for the game. I'm sure that didn't help matters.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

I'm OTC so Arrellious Benn or Brandon Graham/Everson Griffen.

Bone Krusher, the best
Old 11-10-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
DexterM
Rookie

DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.DexterM wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I don't know how to feel about this upcoming game. The Jags seem like a team we should beat, but the past 3 years have seen us consistently lose in games we SHOULD win, but walk out of games we shouldn't with W's... I'd rather face a team like Indy, so I would be very pleasantly surprised if we pulled out a win, as opposed to simply feeling let down when we lose.

Ted Ginn Jr my have singlehandedly cost us our season. As oppose to being 5-3 with a good chance to go 6-3 this week, we're 4-4 and in need of Rex Ryan to keep the players on track to avoid tanking the rest of the way out. We have responded better than I thought we would to losing Jenkins, but the rest of this year is definitely going to be a limbo year. I can't really see any way we sneak into the playoffs.

Leon's injury definitely sucks, but at least it may save us a lot of cash. He'll have a hard time asking for as much, and if Greene plays great he may show us we definitely don't need to resign TJ. As good as TJ has been this year, I hate the prospect of signing a back who is 31 (will be 32 in the upcoming season) to a big contract. He did have a lighter workload the first couple years, but he will have 6 straight years of at least 240 carries after this year...

David Harris is a MACHINE. So is Revis. So excited to get my free Revis jersey from work...
DexterM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. Pretty intense towards the end there.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Good game guys. Pretty intense towards the end there.
Yeah it was, the Jets have let me down once again. It really shouldn't have been close. We start the game with an INT, settle for numerous FG's, Let garrard walk in the end zone on that one play when we did a great job of coverage. We never got that consistent running game going even though there were a few nice runs, and MJD just played awesome. Somehow we still had a chance to capture some momentum and really put the Jags in a tight spot, but we chose then as the time to have a coverage breakdown.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

You guys might think I'm crazy, but going into the offseason, I really think the Jets biggest need is NT. The defense has just not been the same since the force of nature that is Kris Jenkins went on IR.

Last edited by Crickett : 11-15-2009 at 06:17 PM.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
You guys might think I'm crazy, but going into the offseason, I really think the Jets biggest need is NT. The defense has just not been the same since the force of nature that is Kris Jenkins went on IR.
I do see where you're coming from, so I can't say I really think you're crazy. But at the same time, I'm not sure that I really believe the Jets biggest need is NT. You could make the case for a lot of positions, as you know. But there is not a Pro Bowl player at any of those positions (or at least not two for those that need two starters).

Yes, Jenkins has trouble staying healthy. But as long as he's on the team, our need there is really for a second string guy. If he's not there it's far and away the #1 need, but with him here there are other positions that certainly need more help.

That said, I would take a guy like Cody in the mid-first if he's there as I said a page ago. It's just so hard to find a NT so it gets treated like a bigger need than it is. Plus when Jenks is healthy he can probably play some DE in this scheme anyway because he's such a ridiculous athlete.
Old 11-16-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

I think finding a DE versatile enough for this defense is a major need, as well as a 2nd corner. I'm not a big Lito hater but the fact is that he has trouble staying on the field and when he is on the field he has been getting beat or called for pass interference. Lowery looked pretty bad early on as well when Garrard was throwing at him. Other than those two positions I don't see any real weaknesses on this team. I just hope Sanchez develops quick enough for this team to make a run because this team is built to win now.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree that NT is a big need. With Jenkins coming off a surgery, we really need to start looking to the future. Who knows if Jenkins will return to form, and even if he does, it is time to find someone that can spell him and hopefully take his place in a few years. Jenkins is on the wrong side of thirty and has had issues with weight/work ethic in the past which could hurt his recovery. I'm not saying Jenkins won't return to form, but it is time to start thinking about the future.

While NT is a huge need, I think multiple positions on both lines would be fine as well.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There has been a war of words going on between Revis and Moss this past week. I hope Revis backs up his talk and shuts him down again.

Im not even concerned about Moss. Welker is the guy who scares me.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-20-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As far as i can tell, Moss doesn't have a whole lot to talk about in the matchup after the last few matchups between the two. Probab;y figures 3rd times a charm.

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Besides Revis, Ellis, and Harris, that was horrible. I didn't think that Sanchez could top that Buffalo game but he just did. Sanchez's accuracy was awful as he was not even close on most of the passes. Then you add that to the poor decision making, you get 5 turnovers.

The season is pretty much over. Im just looking foward to the draft.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-22-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Besides Revis, Ellis, and Harris, that was horrible.
I didn't even watch the game. My spider sense was tingling before the game and I just knew it was going to be bad.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
I didn't even watch the game. My spider sense was tingling before the game and I just knew it was going to be bad.
I was almost in the same boat. Mostly because I had a lot of work to do, though I did flick it on in the second half and was lucky enough to witness a couple of picks by Sanchez. Hopefully the gym rat mentality really pays off this offseason because while he looked great early on in the year it's pretty clear he has a ways to go, and this franchise really needs him to pan out.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Before I go into what Im about to say, let me just say that this is the reason why everyone hates the Patriots. Late in the 4th, the Pats had the ball and all they had to do was sit on it or run the ball and milk the clock. By this time, the Jets had stopped using there timeouts and basically just told the Pats, ok, you win. But what do the Pats do, they take a shot into the endzone. They are ******* unbelievable.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Hurricanes25 : 11-23-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Before I go into what Im about to say, let me just say that this is the reason why everyone hates the Patriots. Late in the 4th, the Pats had the ball and all they had to do was sit on it or run the ball and milk the clock. By this time, the Jets had stopped using there timeouts and basically just told the Pats, ok, you win. But what do the Pats do, they take a shot into the endzone. They are ******* unbelievable.
While it was a douchey ass move, Revis still had Moss blanketed :)

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote