Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Which of these games do you think could be a upset special tomorrow?
Bills at Jags (-9) 8 13.11%
Steelers (-10) at Chiefs 3 4.92%
Seahawks at Vikings (-10 1/2) 1 1.64%
Redskins at Cowboys (-11) 13 21.31%
Saints (-11 1/2) at Bucs 12 19.67%
Cardinals (-9) at Rams 9 14.75%
Jets at Pats (-10 1/2) 9 14.75%
Bengals (-9 1/2) at Raiders 6 9.84%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-22-2009, 03:06 AM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

After looking at how the votes have been spread out so far it really does show you the state of parody in the NFL nowadays. Even with 8 games where teams are favored by 9 or more points most of them have a solid amount of votes.

Only the Steeler and Viking games seem to be safe. Watch both lose tomorrow LOL.
BleedBurgundy96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ
Bengals have had all kinds of big wins this year and not come out flat. If anything you could argue not having Benson would hurt things, that would be a relevant argument.

H...mmm, they beat Pittsburgh in their 1st match and the next week they beat the ugh, Browns by 3 points. If that isn't an example of what often happens after a big win, my theory is wrong but it sure looks like it proves my point.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.BleedBurgundy96 could make a wolverine purr.

Congrats to the 3 people who picked the Chiefs. Insane pick. Nice job.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had faith, lots and lots of faith in my Chiefs!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Chiefs over Steelers, calling it now!
I was the first, because I'm a complete genius.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
I had faith, lots and lots of faith in my Chiefs!
I'm still in shock.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was all because of Jamaal Football.
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at these fools that picked the Redskins! Caaamaaaan man! These are the CowboyZZzzzzzzz!

BamaFalcon59, CT Bronco Fan, FuzzyGopher, Go_Eagles77, Hurricanes25, j05son, princefielder28, Raider_fan_Canada, Rosebud, skinzzfan25, The Dynasty, vidae, wicket
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I was the first, because I'm a complete genius.
lottery numbers...NOW :)
Old 11-22-2009, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys were saying? lawlz
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Big Lob
Rookie

Big Lob hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

The Bucs looked very very bad today. Surprised they got the second most picks.
Big Lob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Look at these fools that picked the Redskins! Caaamaaaan man! These are the CowboyZZzzzzzzz!
Fools? The only fools were the people in Vegas making the Cowboys 11 pt favs and the Cowboys fans on this forum predicting a blowout LOL.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In all fairness though the Bucs came out today and looked very strong out the gates... Freeman kept plays alive, moved very well, made plays with his legs, and got the Bucs an early score. It wasn't until Greg Williams started bringing the heat that Freeman really started to struggle. Kind of surprising to see Williams be passive at the start.

If Brees doesn't lead that excellent Two minute drill at the end of the first half to put the Saints up 17-7... that game could have been a lot closer than the game it ended up being... that quick drive really took the wind of the Bucs sails... and they came out in the 2nd half looking like a different team than the one that started the game.
Old 11-22-2009, 05:05 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lob View Post
The Bucs looked very very bad today. Surprised they got the second most picks.
They had played well in their last couple games vs GB and MIA. The Saints also had alot of injuries leading up to this game and hadnt been looking as good in their recent games.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
lottery numbers...NOW :)
Well I also assumed the Bengals would blow out the Raiders, so I'm not psychic.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Originally Posted by Iamcanadian
All I can tell you is that over the years I have won a lot of money based on this theory in every sport. Of course, nothing works 100% of the time, strange circumstances happen all the time in games, an interception run back for a TD or a fluke play like the one where Denver beat Cincy can spoil the upset. However if you believe that emotion plays a big part in winning football games then it is just common sense that Indy and NE were both particularly high emotionally when they played, ditto for Cincy and Pittsburgh and that it won't be easy for the HC to get his players fired up for the following game provided it isn't against another top NFL team. The losing team is more likely to be fired up since they lost a big game but the winning team usually comes out pretty flat for their next game unless they are playing say a New Orleans or a Minny type team, then all bets are off.
The best situation occurs when a top teams plays another top team followed by a weak team followed by another top team. In these circumstances, it is really tough for a HC to keep his players high for the middle team. Players think the middle game is an easy victory and come out flat looking ahead to the following tougher team. In these circumstances I have had an exceptionally winning record in predicting upsets although both situations do produces a high rate of covering the spread even if the top team holds on for a victory.

Looks like my theory held up pretty well. Baltimore covered the spread against Indt and Cincy lost to the Raiders.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore didn't cover any spread I have seen... Best for them was +1 I think. Didn't hit +2 until right before kickoff, and they still didn't cover.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam

Last edited by Shane P. Hallam : 11-22-2009 at 07:38 PM.
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Looks like my theory held up pretty well. Baltimore covered the spread against Indt and Cincy lost to the Raiders.
For 1 week, I'll give it to you. Like I said, I'll be watching all year to see if it holds up.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Baltimore didn't cover any spread I have seen... Best for them was +1 I think. Didn't hit +2 until right before kickoff, and they still didn't cover.

Yeah I had the Colts -1.5
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

crap i had the skins, just missed

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
BleedBurgundy96
Rookie

I forgot to say congrats to the guys who picked the Raiders in the upset yesterday.

Congrats once again to the guys who called the Chiefs win also.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay the Raiders beat the Eagles so downing Cincy wasn't impossible, but whoever picked the Chiefs over the Steelers should get a ******* medal.

except Bengalsrocket who was clearly just looking for some karma :D
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote