Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers
Alex Smith 63 75.00%
Aaron Rodgers 21 25.00%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2007, 03:15 AM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
And why does everyone think Vernon Davis is gonna be so great? I think hes gonna be a very good player, but he had a sub par year so you shouldn't be talking like hes a superstar (although he may be at some point)
He finished the season incredibly strong. In his last 4 games, he had 13 catches, 196 yards(2 of the games going over 70 yards) and 2 tds. That might not seem like much, but you have to consider the fact that he was used alot as a blocker(he's one of the best blockers on our team) because kwame harris can't block ish. He's shown amazing flashes in his limited play this year, but I still think he has some work to do. I think he'll have a semi-break out year with about 55 catches for 750 yards and 8 tds, but I don't think he'll be considered elite until his 3rd year.

On to the main topic, this is an incredibly unfair comparison. You can't compare a guy that hasn't started to a guy that has. That would be like comparing phillip rivers career, before this year, to the other qbs in his class. I like aaron rodgers, he's a cal bear and a local kid. I really hope he does well in the nfl, despite the team he plays for.

As for Alex, he's in a pretty good situation in SF. He's got alot of young talent around him and, hopefully, backed up by a pretty good defense this up coming season. He's on a run first team, so he won't be putting up monster stats for us, but I think he'll be incredibly efficient. I'm predicting about 19 tds, 10 interceptions and about 3300 yards. He has a ton of potential though, he's still going to only be 23 at the start of the season(he was only 20 years old when got drafted). I don't think he'll have his break year until next year. He's a guy that needs to feel comfortable in the system he's playing in, before he takes his game to the next level(according to urban meyer).
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote