Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:02 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I don't see anyway he gets fired. The Garrett/Jones families are so close knit. Yeah it's a business but, this really strengthens Garrett's chances. The HC job was supposed to be his one day and he's being paid as much as some head coaches. So fired? No. But, I'm beginning to think Jerry would let him walk without fight, if someone came calling. Up until recently, JJ has been full of excuses for Garrett but now you hear him demanding more Felix Jones and the running of the ball lately. Sounds like JG's play calling has at least started to strike a nerve with Jerry. It's evident that he doesnt have full confidence in Jason, if he did, he would have never tried to get Reeves to "mentor" him in the first place, prior to the start of the year. Even though, most think that was more Wade who wanted that but, the papers were all but signed by Jerry.

I have a hard time seeing our 2010 HC not being Wade or Garrett. And I def. would rather have Wade, no question.
You really have to question JG's maturity and judgement at this time.

1) He lets outsiders drive his game plan.
2) He is repeatedly called simplistic
3) His play calling is pass happy
4) He abandons the run in the second half of tight games
5) He has failed to put his PLAYMAKERS in positions to make plays
6) He has not straightened Romo out completely and in fact Romo has regressed since Sparano.
7) His Offense has tanked repeatedly versus some average teams in the last three seasons. (Remember 2007 when we could not score in the first half??)

All strikes. I really think he should be let go. Garrett needs to go learn his craft sitting next to Cameron or similar or Turner. A quality OC who he will respect and listen to.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:20 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gotta admit I was pissed when we signed Brooking and was open about it being a mistake.

The last vivid memory I had of him was the Atlanta playoff game when it was 4th and 20 or something vs the Cardinals, obvious passing down, and he let his man get behind him while he was up playing near the line which basically won the game for Arizona.

Not sure how much was his fault, or if he should of been out in coverage, but it wasn't a fond memory and I figured he was washed up. How wrong was I. He knows this scheme really well and he brings so much more to the team then just being a good football player, all the little things we thought we were getting with Zach Thomas. Now if we can just get a young guy to bring exactly what he does we would be set.

Also, MOTH, anyone, how did Free look again this week? I missed alot of the game with family. I know the Raiders don't have that dominant pass rusher, but still I'm curious to know how he's adjusting and getting more comfortable at the RT spot. Maye we do have a future starter with him? Could be a blessing in disguise getting him starters snaps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free can play. Time to cut Flo if we have a RT.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free was great in the running game again...he's a very advanced run blocker it looks like. Again, he's no road grader, he's not pushing anyone back too far but, he's opening up holes.

He did give up a sack, though. Most of the time he was giving Romo time from what I saw but, one time, Trevor Scott went extremely wide and some how still got all the way around for a sack. That was strange, really. Free had him out of the play it looked like but, Scott managed to get to Romo. Scott actually had two sacks but, one was at LB, the other at DE on Free.

I've liked what I've seen from Free so far, though.

edit...I forgot, he also had a penalty. So, he obviously hasnt been perfect these two weeks but, his performances show a lot of promise. At the least, you have a starting caliber RT, imo.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-27-2009 at 09:34 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Darrius got his first touchdown. I'm certainly pleased.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Recently the problem with the penalties has been the quality not the quantity. Every team gets its amount of false starts or holding calls, but it seems that we get one of those when we are in a good position, and this kills our drive. It happened two times yesterday. I guess it's also a case of bad luck. For example the holding call on Anderson (which killed our drive IIRC) was pretty "meh". You see a lot of these "holdings" during a game, and the ref do not call all of them. So sometimes you're just unlucky and you get one of these calls in a crucial moment.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Recently the problem with the penalties has been the quality not the quantity. Every team gets its amount of false starts or holding calls, but it seems that we get one of those when we are in a good position, and this kills our drive. It happened two times yesterday. I guess it's also a case of bad luck. For example the holding call on Anderson (which killed our drive IIRC) was pretty "meh". You see a lot of these "holdings" during a game, and the ref do not call all of them. So sometimes you're just unlucky and you get one of these calls in a crucial moment.

except when you're discussing Flozell. In his case the false start penalties are all about quantity. He could in fact be working on setting an NFL career rcd.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote