Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 11-24-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm almost pissed that Stafford and Calvin will miss Thanksgiving, they were really starting to get some chemistry going, and both were mighty impressive. It wasn't just the stat column, but Stafford toughing it out to come in and throwing the game winning TD to the other rookie had to get you excited about the future. I know it may not of been you guys, but for the fans who were giving Pettigrew and Stafford flack it was nice to see them end the game how they did, the future is very bright in Detroit.

Add some Lineman to give him protection and one more weapon, and I like where Detroit is headed. I just want to see Stafford get some continuity and really get his feet under him and hate that he has to miss a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-24-2009 at 01:02 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:47 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah they deserve to be on the field for a sold out thanksgiving home game against a banged up (no al harris or kampman) packer team.

how awesome would it be if daunte started, and going into halftime the team was only down 21-14. then all of a sudden they start playing the rocky theme with stafford running out of the tunnel and have the entire stadium erupt. the home field advantage and momentum shift would be insane. it would be like the waterboy winning the bourbon bowl.

which would lead me to two new nicknames: rocky and waterboy

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 11-24-2009 at 11:22 AM. Reason: stafford
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
dex
Rookie

dex smells like sex panther.dex smells like sex panther.

I gotta put this injury on the o-line, they were just standing there while the play was still going on, except for Goz and Smith. Those 2 guys at least tried to make a block.

Just when Stafford started to get comfortable with his injured leg and driving off it he gets injured again.

Can't wait till he comes back, he is what makes watching the lions bearable and somewhat exciting. If he doesn't play, i doubt i'll watch them on thursday.
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one chance a year that everyone has a chance to see the Lions and our two best players likely aren't gonna play. Why do we always get screwed?? :(
Old 11-24-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4685906

Quote:
ALLEN PARK, Mich. -- Matthew Stafford sat at his locker, answering and dodging questions about his sore shoulder.

The Detroit Lions quarterback then took off his jersey and displayed a sense of humor.

*lifts left arm near his head*

"Look at that," Stafford joked.

He will have to do more than raise his dislocated left shoulder and throwing arm to get clearance for the Thanksgiving Day game against the Green Bay Packers.

"It's unlikely that he's going to play, but we'll see," Detroit coach Jim Schwartz said. "It's a deal if it gets better in a couple of days and it's not as painful, he'll be able to get out there."
sounds like there's a chance

also cool is stafford is going to be in the hall of fame lol
Quote:
Stafford's jersey from Sunday was sent to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. And the play might live on in league lore for years because Stafford was wired for sound by NFL Films during the game, making him one of 350-plus players who have done that since 1965. NFL Films president Steve Sabol called it the "most dramatic player wiring ever."

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 11-24-2009 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:14 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome. I can't wait to see that.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't think that served as extra motivation to play well knowing he'd be mic'd.

That's a must-see for me.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just watched a 5 or 6 minute clip of Stafford mic'd up...it was freakin amazing! The Lions have a very bright future...VERY bright.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I just watched a 5 or 6 minute clip of Stafford mic'd up...it was freakin amazing! The Lions have a very bright future...VERY bright.
Where at??
Old 11-25-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nfl homepage under videos
Old 11-25-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-films-...fford-mic-d-up

Awesome stuff!
Old 11-25-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
Where at??
Really though, link please!

No but I'm really happy for the guy after he got some flack from some impatient Lions fans, no QB was going to step onto this team and turn them around instantly, but the talent he has is starting to show though and I'm pretty upset I won't get to see him play.

Quote:
Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stafford sucks. We should've taken Aaaaronnzzzzz Curryzzzz!!!!!
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
dex
Rookie

dex smells like sex panther.dex smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
LOL

I still remember all those people chanting Curry's name when they unveiled the new unis.

Bunch of retards.
dex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Hey what about Jason Smith?? Look at how awesome the Rams are doing!
Old 11-26-2009, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was freaking amazing. I love how he kept ******* with Shaun Rogers.

Saying it now, best young QB in the game. He has the brightest future of them all IMO.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 05:04 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That was freaking amazing. I love how he kept ******* with Shaun Rogers.

Saying it now, best young QB in the game. He has the brightest future of them all IMO.
exactly this.

well also add how he used other players as a screen to get away from the docters on that last play

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Now I'm reading Stafford will start, if that offensive line has any respect for themselves they will give 110% and not let him get drove into the ground repeatedly this game to make matters worse.

Quote:
Old 11-26-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Now I'm reading Stafford will start, if that offensive line has any respect for themselves they will give 110% and not let him get drove into the ground repeatedly this game to make matters worse.
Yep, I'm reading that to. Here is the link: http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...back_matt.html

Matthew Stafford has alot of guts play only four days after separating his shoulder. Something that I am thankful for though.

Last edited by Silver & Blue : 11-26-2009 at 11:25 AM.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

Yeah, sorry for not posting the actual link. I'm a relative newbie on here and not sure of the rules as to what sites you can post links to and which ones you can't. My bad.
Old 11-26-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
backus is the most worthless POS in the league. didn't even touch that packer on the hail mary attempt at end of half. i can't wait until he's gone.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 11-30-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Hey what about Jason Smith?? Look at how awesome the Rams are doing!
Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:22 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tblain1 View Post
Have we handed out draft grades already? Stafford is looking ok, but he hasn't resurrected the dead yet. And if we don't get him protected so he has a chance to develop further he will have been a wasted pick.

So I do admit that he looks like the right pick (despite the fact that I wanted the Lions to go in a different direction)... but my skepticism on Stafford was whether we would be able to build a team to protect our investment. The next few years are crucial and the next few drafts are key.
I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying Jason Smith is a bust or anything like that. It's just that most people opposed to drafting Stafford wanted to draft Jason Smith because he'd help us out immediately. Jason Smith's Rams have 1 win, which says something different about that immediate help he was supposed to bring.
Who wanted the Lions to draft Smith? The only alternatives i saw were Curry or Sanchez and maybe Andre Smith.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So how's our boy looking in the games? His stats aren't great but I guess no big surprise since he's a rookie and playing with... well OUR offense ;).

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote