Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-04-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, Columbo has had exactly 1 injury free season in the NFL. His market value isn't nearly what you guys seem to think it is.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:02 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
I haven't heard any reports of Colombo visiting other teams as of yet.
The only teams that have showed interest so far are the jets and the broncos.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:41 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Hello Dallas fans.

One of your finest came onto one of the Lions' threads and left this comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41
Oh and Shawn Springs is 31 by the way, turns 32 in a week. That is still pretty young for a CB. He isn't old at all. He is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post.
Not only has Shawn Springs been in the league for two years longer than Bly, he's also two years older. Interesting. Try to keep this one on a leash.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:47 PM    (permalink
TH3
Veteran

TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TH3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticaLion View Post
Hello Dallas fans.

One of your finest came onto one of the Lions' threads and left this comment:

Not only has Shawn Springs been in the league for two years longer than Bly, he's also two years older. Interesting. Try to keep this one on a leash.
why don't you quote more people in your sig... it might get funnier
TH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:28 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TH3 View Post
why don't you quote more people in your sig... it might get funnier
Great point.

I only quote the truly funny/pathetic comments.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can't do anything about him. He's been out of control since before I even got here, and any attempts to dissuade him have fallen on deaf ears.
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

How can you be out of control on a board. More like everyone acts like this is school. Well I don't feel like being disciplined on a board, sorry. Just because I am a homer (actually the cowboys are that good, so not really) doesn't make me out of control, but ok.....

And wow, springs is 31, I could have sworn reading bly being 32, but he is 30, w/e, big deal, like you know everything?

And some kid said Springs was 38, which is way off, so he actually does need to check his sources.

Last edited by TNewFan41 : 03-05-2007 at 04:29 PM.
TNewFan41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But still, saying 31 is young for a corner?

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
How can you be out of control on a board. More like everyone acts like this is school. Well I don't feel like being disciplined on a board, sorry. Just because I am a homer (actually the cowboys are that good, so not really) doesn't make me out of control, but ok.....

And wow, springs is 31, I could have sworn reading bly being 32, but he is 30, w/e, big deal, like you know everything?

And some kid said Springs was 38, which is way off, so he actually does need to check his sources.
yea let us speak what we feel...it's a board!!!

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:48 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Thank you. ANd yes 31 is not old for a CB. CB start to decline around 33 or 34.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:49 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmock View Post
yea let us speak what we feel...it's a board!!!
Ok, but remember. You can always say what you want, but if you're purpose is to pursuade someone or to get your point heard, you have to say it in a way that people will value.

That's the #1 rule of communication. It's not a rule that has to be followed, however, if you chose not to follow it, you won't be taken seriously.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

What exactly do I do to piss everyone off? I am a homer, that is all I can think of.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
What exactly do I do to piss everyone off? I am a homer, that is all I can think of.
I like your enthusiasm. I think it's good for the board.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:57 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

Quote:
You overreact to everything. It's either "We're winning the SB" or "We have uber players" or "OMG Jerry's a fool, we're done if we don't draft 2 OL".

AND you make outlandish statements that can't be proven (i.e. opinion) as if they were fact.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
mtmock
Rookie

mtmock needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Ok, but remember. You can always say what you want, but if you're purpose is to pursuade someone or to get your point heard, you have to say it in a way that people will value.

That's the #1 rule of communication. It's not a rule that has to be followed, however, if you chose not to follow it, you won't be taken seriously.
Agreed :)

Dallas Cowboys 07-08 Superbowl CHAMPS!
mtmock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
You overreact to everything. It's either "We're winning the SB" or "We have uber players" or "OMG Jerry's a fool, we're done if we don't draft 2 OL".

AND you make outlandish statements that can't be proven (i.e. opinion) as if they were fact.
TNew, I think your opinions matter on this board, but other people will not be persuaded by them, especially if you're trying to cram them down everyone's throat. LSU's right, you do need to back them up with some proof.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:04 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Making a false statement and telling the other person to "check your sources before you post" is a bit much.

Talking to others with respect always makes it easier to eat your words when thrown back at you.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

well atleast I was only off by 2 years, that guy was off by 7........

Anyway, you guys are right. I believe I am a knowledgable fan, I just come across alittle harsh. I will try to be better.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:21 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
well atleast I was only off by 2 years, that guy was off by 7........

Anyway, you guys are right. I believe I am a knowledgable fan, I just come across alittle harsh. I will try to be better.
(Side notes: I was referring to the "He (Shawn Springs) is acutally younger than Bly. Please check your sources before you post" comment you made. Also, coming into one of the Lions' threads and saying, and I quote:
Quote:
The lions suck, who cares?
It isn't being "harsh", it's being stupid. Show some respect to others or expect rude responses.)
Old 03-05-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

No, it was in the NFL Thread. And I was just messing around.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No, it was in the NFL Thread. And I was just messing around.
Actually, it was in a thread in the Detroit Lions Team Forum section.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2915

Regardless, show respect to get respect.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:47 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I tell you straight up, mostly its your narrow-minded opinions "Nelson is 100x faster than Landry" and over-reacting "if we dont get this deal done Jerry should be killed!!" that does it, and I dont know how other people feel but you asked the question and Im answering it. Theres people on this board who have been around football far longer than you and coincidentally, they know more than you. Learn to take a more open-minded approach and listen to other people's ideas. DO NOT assume your ideas are the best and DO NOT over-react when people disagree with you.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:11 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Yes Sir, General BigMac. (salutes)
Old 03-05-2007, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes Sir, General BigMac. (salutes)
you asked.
Old 03-05-2007, 06:19 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

I reckon I did sir.