Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
No, he didn't. We tried to in the Forum Mock but it couldn't even happen there.
You're right, he was only franchised once. However, the reason he couldn't be franchised again was because he agreed to sign the franchise tender only if the Bills agreed not to franchise him again.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Let's not kid ourselves here. You're a Packers fan hoping that more than anything.

Would losing Briggs be a loss? Sure.

Would we still be much more talented than any other team in the division? Unquestionably.

I think our offense is better than any other team in the division as well. Let alone defensive superiority.

I'd argue that offensive comment if the Packers had a ******* RB. Wow, the Bears have the best offense in the NFC north. Does this tell anyone about the NFC north?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Packers and Bears offense is certainly arguable. A lot of it, of course, comes down to Grossman's development.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'd argue that offensive comment if the Packers had a ******* RB. Wow, the Bears have the best offense in the NFC north. Does this tell anyone about the NFC north?
i think it could easily be argued without question that the Bears have one of the most talented offenses in the game. Talent however does not always translate into play on the field...

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
He is a key piece b/c if that defense is not on the top of its game and at 100 percent with all the skill the bears can not win b/c they lack a key piece to their offense outside of the O-line. The Bears rely on their defense and when they lose Briggs they have to fill some pretty big shoes.
the only real "keys" to our D are urlacher, mike brown, and tommy harris(as of right now)...briggs is definately a huge part of the D but in now way is he a key piece...if we do lose briggs and don't end up drafting a LB high for an immediate answer, we can still play urlacher with hillenmeyer(graned hes a strongside LB) right away and the D won't falter much...we also have your LBs in Jamar Williams, Leon Joe, and Rod Wilson who like the bears said have been groomed to the system and to step in if briggs should leave...so losing briggs will hurt the bears yes but his role can be replaced to an extent that the D won't drop much and may even be comparable to the D with briggs...

that being said...I think the bears definately need to find a trade for briggs this year...the draft isn't producing many LBs that can compare to briggs which is why he wanted to shop the free agency...i think the 49ers would be a good possibility if they didnt run a 3-4 because briggs isnt said to be a good Lb for that scheme...but I think the bears are trying to get as much as they can for him and if they do trade for draft picks I don't think it will be until just before draft day when they see what the best offer is and take it...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Brown isn't key, it just so happens that the rest of our safties are pretty mediocre (hopefully Danieal develops in his second year).

Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan View Post
i think it could easily be argued without question that the Bears have one of the most talented offenses in the game. Talent however does not always translate into play on the field...
I am honestly not trying to rip into you here, or the Bears. Who exactly leads you to believe the bears have on of the most talented offenses in the NFL?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-05-2007 at 04:15 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
I am honestly not trying to rip into you hear or the Bears. Who exactly leads you to believe the bears have on of the most talented offenses in the NFL?
Yeah I would agree that's a bit of an overstatement.

There are, however, some young and talented players.

Benson is obviously very talented. I believe that Berrian and Bradley are as well.

Grossman has an incredible arm. That counts as talent. Unfortunately he also has an incredibly stupid mind.

I think people tend to focus too much on Grossman's struggles this year and still think we have an offense comparable to the one Orton directed in 2005. It's a pretty good offense with young players, it just needs more consistancy.

I guess if he means top half by "one of" I would agree. Anything more than that is an overstatement IMO.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
uh... Their offense gets the job done. Their defense is arguably the most talented in the NFL.

The chargers, seahawks (when healthy), colts, bengals and the saints all have better offenses than the Bears IMO.

And that's not a knock on the Bears. It's reality knocking on your door.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Brown isn't key, it just so happens that the rest of our safties are pretty mediocre (hopefully Danieal develops in his second year).
as of this year he is...look at how our D dropped after he went out...he isn't necessarily just key to our secondary because we obviously saw that we had players who could fill the spot and still get the job done albeit not as well...but mike brown pretty much runs the D...urlacher came out and said near the end of the year that it has been hard to adjust without brown because he sees the field better from his position and relays audibles and coverage shifts based on the offense, but when urlacher had to do that because they couldn't rely on the secondary to then they were in worse shape than before(granted they still weren't in bad shape...but worse) so brown is considered a key part of the defense for how he plays as well as how he leads the defense on the field...and I think manning will develop to be very good in our system considering he played pretty well as a rookie and most of his mistakes(i.e. taking bad angles in pursuit, coverage judgement, etc.) were all because of inexperience
Old 03-05-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Urlacher actually played better once Brown left oddly enough. But yes I'm quite familiar with his position as team leader, I just think such things are replaceable. Urlacher and Tommie are the two players that this defense esentially needs.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Urlacher actually played better once Brown left oddly enough. But yes I'm quite familiar with his position as team leader, I just think such things are replaceable. Urlacher and Tommie are the two players that this defense esentially needs.
yea I don't doubt urlacher played better...but as far as running the D it wasn't run as well or as smooth or whatever as when brown did it...I agree urlacher and harris are undoubtedly the 2 players the D needs and that brown can definately be replaced...but as of right now he is key to our D because there is no one who can immediately replace what he does for us...manning is a long term solution for that and we have no safeties with enough experience in our system to replace brown as of right now...
Old 03-05-2007, 04:59 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id argue Urlacher started playing better or at least he was more noticeable once the Dline started cooling down and teams started game planning for Tommie more. First couple games Urlacher was just sitting back twiddling his thumbs cuz the front four was dominating.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

question a team that plan on draft a LB in the first just trade for him

Giants

Colts

Saints

Eagles
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
indyfan1985
Veteran

indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.indyfan1985 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
question a team that plan on draft a LB in the first just trade for him

Giants

Colts

Saints

Eagles

The Colts would LOVE to have Briggs. He is clearly better than all the LBs available in this years draft. He would be our Derrick Brooks for the defense.

indyfan1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indyfan1985 View Post
The Colts would LOVE to have Briggs. He is clearly better than all the LBs available in this years draft. He would be our Derrick Brooks for the defense.
Lance Briggs will never come close to. Derrick Brooks their names shouldn't even be in the same sentence.
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:03 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am honestly not trying to rip into you here, or the Bears. Who exactly leads you to believe the bears have on of the most talented offenses in the NFL?
at this point, with the running game that we have, a very talented (physically) younger QB, and some extremely talented (albeit often injured) young receiving core, and a very solid veteren OL... i don't think there's any doubt that (talent wise) the Bears offense is in the top 10 in the league (which is what i meant by one of the best).

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You're right, he was only franchised once. However, the reason he couldn't be franchised again was because he agreed to sign the franchise tender only if the Bills agreed not to franchise him again.
Dude, as a hardcore Bills fan I obviously know everything about the Clements situation, why are you telling me this?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:22 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

On the Briggs subject...I would give up the Bills 2nd Rounder for him.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:23 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
On the Briggs subject...I would give up the Bills 2nd Rounder for him.
Then you wouldn't get a deal. JA is going to make you pay a hefty price for Briggs.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:28 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Then you wouldn't get a deal. JA is going to make you pay a hefty price for Briggs.
Not sure...I think the ball is in Briggs' court on this one. He's going to holdout if he doesn't get a trade.
Old 03-05-2007, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
at this point, with the running game that we have, a very talented (physically) younger QB, and some extremely talented (albeit often injured) young receiving core, and a very solid veteren OL... i don't think there's any doubt that (talent wise) the Bears offense is in the top 10 in the league (which is what i meant by one of the best).
You must be a Bears fan. You just traded T Jones, so you have the unproven Benson at RB. Grossman is young, but as somebody already pointed out he is kinda stupid. Saying Chicagos WR core is extremely talented is an extreme overstatement; Berrian would probably only be the #2 WR on most other teams. I do agree with you about the OL, they seem pretty solid. IMO, the Bears success had nothing to do with their offense.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:42 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he holds out he wont get paid, and he said he likes the bears players and fans and i dont think he'd do that to them, he might hold out through training camp but i cant see him missing any games

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had no idea things were THIS bad in Chicago.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
I had no idea things were THIS bad in Chicago.
They really aren't. This kind of stuff happens on every team. Nobody likes the franchise tag. It happens.