Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-03-2007, 11:08 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24cadillac24 View Post
I actually think he can be a reliable deep threat. He isn't costing much so I don't see why the signing is a problem. It isn't like San Fran is deep at WR anyway.
Not only that but its not like you can give Alex Smith enough weapons as he develops.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he cam pretty cheap
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He pretty much fixs all their receiver problems

HAHA

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

I like it, if anyone can get something out Lelie it will be Jerry Sullivan. Now if the niners can get a guy like Sidney Rice or Robert Meacham at 42 there Wr corp would be settled.
Old 03-04-2007, 02:06 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I wanted him too! We got Drew Bennett so I'm not mad :)

Nice signing though San Fran!

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:08 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
I like it, if anyone can get something out Lelie it will be Jerry Sullivan. Now if the niners can get a guy like Sidney Rice or Robert Meacham at 42 there Wr corp would be settled.
yes exactly, Meachem or Rice would be good additions. Maybe Jason Hill? I feel like they could go for Moss or Spencer also with their 2nd rounder and maybe try to get a WR round 3. Im convinced they take Carriker round 1. Maybe if they can get a Joey Porter or another LB (Banta Cain? Edwards?) in FA, they can just focus on WR with their 2nd rounder.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:00 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ashley is an all right guy, but I also hate him because he made a stupid dumbass move. The reason he was holding out was because he wanted to start, and he didn't think he would start, with the Broncos having Rod Smith already and then trading for Javon Walker. Guess he is afraid of a little competition. Plus, he thought of himself as a #1 WR, which is NOT true, oh my god is it not true.
He, basically, wanted to start so he could get a big payday this free agency, which didn't happen. I'm happy he netted the Broncos a 3rd round pick though, but man, it probably would've turned out better for him if he stayed, played, and probably would've posted decent numbers, and got a better contract.
Like some other Bronco fans have said, he is a one trick pony. Have him run streaks and chuck it up hoping he comes down with it.
I will say I think it is a decent signing for San Fran, he is relatively cheap and, although all he can do is catch a deep pass, he is good at it. Nonexistent in the red zone though...
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:07 AM    (permalink
binary
Veteran

binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.binary is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a GREAT signing, look at how much Welker and Bennett signed for. I was totally against signing Michael Lewis for that much, but this makes up for it. They get a deep threat for 1/6 the amount it would cost for Stallworth. Nice job.
binary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 05:36 AM    (permalink
sup3rk1ng
Rookie

sup3rk1ng hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
I think Ashley is an all right guy, but I also hate him because he made a stupid dumbass move. The reason he was holding out was because he wanted to start, and he didn't think he would start, with the Broncos having Rod Smith already and then trading for Javon Walker. Guess he is afraid of a little competition. Plus, he thought of himself as a #1 WR, which is NOT true, oh my god is it not true.
He, basically, wanted to start so he could get a big payday this free agency, which didn't happen. I'm happy he netted the Broncos a 3rd round pick though, but man, it probably would've turned out better for him if he stayed, played, and probably would've posted decent numbers, and got a better contract.
Like some other Bronco fans have said, he is a one trick pony. Have him run streaks and chuck it up hoping he comes down with it.
I will say I think it is a decent signing for San Fran, he is relatively cheap and, although all he can do is catch a deep pass, he is good at it. Nonexistent in the red zone though...
That's pretty much what he's signed for. We're a run first team now, and run alot of playactions, so this should be the perfect offense for his skill set. It's a low risk, high reward type of signing, imo.

Btw, this still leaves us with somewhere between 23-26 mill in cap space. Just a heads up for those that are wondering.

Last edited by sup3rk1ng : 03-04-2007 at 05:40 AM.
sup3rk1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 09:02 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Lelie = Troy Williamson
IMO, Lelie

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 10:55 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
IMO, Lelie
Please, tell me how Williamson is better than Lelie when Williamson has yet to post a season with 500 yards receiving, 40 catches or more than 2 touchdowns.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jth1331 View Post
Exactly. A poor mans Antonio Bryant.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think this is a great signing by the San Francisco 49ers, and Ashley Lelie to an extent. The 49ers get a young, talented veteran to bolster their painfully-thin ranks at that position, and Lelie gets the full opportunity he's wanted for so long to show his wares - more than just a deep-ball threat, a number one receiver, etcetera. If Lelie plays well in the process, he'll get an extension just as Walt Harris did after initially signing a reasonably cheap 2-year contract.

The San Francisco 49ers have really done some job in this free agency period. The only move I didn't like was the Michael Lewis signing, but everything else was great imo (Lelie and Aubrayo Franklin, NT from Baltimore, especially).
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think this is a great signing by the San Francisco 49ers, and Ashley Lelie to an extent. The 49ers get a young, talented veteran to bolster their painfully-thin ranks at that position, and Lelie gets the full opportunity he's wanted for so long to show his wares - more than just a deep-ball threat, a number one receiver, etcetera. If Lelie plays well in the process, he'll get an extension just as Walt Harris did after initially signing a reasonably cheap 2-year contract.
I think you're expecting too much out of Lelie. I don't think they brought him here to prove himself and be more than just a deep threat. I think they brought him here to be exactly that, just a role player, and a #3 WR.

We dont want Lelie trying to make any cuts here... Lelie has one direction. Watching him try to run a proper route is painful.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-04-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.Larry is a cocksman.

Lelie will be our deep threat Wr, Battle will be our Possesion Wr. Now all we need is that Wr who will give us the Yac. Of course Vernon Davis will help out in that department also. But we should grab a Wr who can do it.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

You guys are ripping the 49ers for the Michael Lewis signing, but if you look at the 49ers defense and the way they use their safeties, I think Michael Lewis will ressurect his career in SF. Its a good fit I think.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The same Ashley Lelie who was owned by Fred Thomas...

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SanFran
Rookie

SanFran hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ashley Lelie Was signed but only to a 2 yr deal which means he basically has to prove himself if his good enough to be the #1 guy for the 49ers,yes his a deep threat but also a upgrade over inconsistent Antonio Bryant..as far as Nate And Michael goo ,as everyone new niners did hav the worst secondary in NFL for the past two yrs ,so that was definately needed with all the goodass WR we hav in our division torching us which wont happen no more.
SanFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanFran View Post
Ashley Lelie Was signed but only to a 2 yr deal which means he basically has to prove himself if his good enough to be the #1 guy for the 49ers,yes his a deep threat but also a upgrade over inconsistent Antonio Bryant..as far as Nate And Michael goo ,as everyone new niners did hav the worst secondary in NFL for the past two yrs ,so that was definately needed with all the goodass WR we hav in our division torching us which wont happen no more.
Theres no way in hell Lelie is an upgrade over Bryant. He's not even an upgrade over Battle. Guys, this IS NOT a signing to find a #1 WR. It's to add to the depth. You pay a guy 2mil/year to try to fight into the starting lineup, which Lelie will fail to do.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys have him run 'posts' or 'go' routes every single play, then good signing. If you require him to run good routes, play in the middle, or in the red-zone, prepare to be disappointed.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

see people seem to forget lelie was actually comming on very strong. I have a hilight video where HE DESTORYS the radiers 2 years ago...running slants and posts....he is good when he wants to be....
Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Theres no way in hell Lelie is an upgrade over Bryant. He's not even an upgrade over Battle. Guys, this IS NOT a signing to find a #1 WR. It's to add to the depth. You pay a guy 2mil/year to try to fight into the starting lineup, which Lelie will fail to do.
Please, besides the first two games Bryant disappeared the rest of the season.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Please, besides the first two games Bryant disappeared the rest of the season.
Sounds just like Lelie to me. Only Bryant has been more productive than Lelie. The only advantages Lelie has over Bryant is off the field, where Bryant has that DUI suspension looming over his head, and is a locker room cancer. Lelie has only had one good year. Even in '04, that one year, he only had a catch % of 53.5.

Last edited by Shiver : 03-05-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 03-05-2007, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Probably because he was suspended.

Ashley Lelie disappeared for a whole year.

Thanks jkpigskin!
Old 03-05-2007, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Larry
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Probably because he was suspended.

Ashley Lelie disappeared for a whole year.
No surprise considering Mike Vick is a terrible pocket passer, almost the worst in the league.