Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Jets Team Forum

New York Jets Team Forum Discuss the J-E-T-S

Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETS5128 View Post
While it was a douchey ass move, Revis still had Moss blanketed :)
That was one of the only positives I could actually take away from that game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

This team is unique ill give them that. They have to be the only team in the league that has lost games because of special teams, defense, and offense. When we play a complete game in all phases of the game its scary how good we can play. But it seems whenever the O steps up the D lets them down giving up a last minute drive(Jax and Miami) or when the D steps up the O (mainly Sanchez) lets them down.
msolimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
This team is unique ill give them that. They have to be the only team in the league that has lost games because of special teams, defense, and offense. When we play a complete game in all phases of the game its scary how good we can play. But it seems whenever the O steps up the D lets them down giving up a last minute drive(Jax and Miami) or when the D steps up the O (mainly Sanchez) lets them down.
You're right on. It's a shame that one of the 3 phases keeps letting the team down every week. It's frustrating. We can be very dangerous if they all show up to play. But it's too late now. Season is over.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why must the jets break my heart every season??
Old 11-24-2009, 10:57 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimDris View Post
why must the jets break my heart every season??
That's what the Jets do best.

And where have you been?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-25-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerry Rhodes is being benched for Eric Smith. Interesting strategy, we'll see how it plays out. I'm sure it's not something that'll stick long-term.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by derza222 View Post
Kerry Rhodes is being benched for Eric Smith. Interesting strategy, we'll see how it plays out. I'm sure it's not something that'll stick long-term.
I think it's a wakeup call more than anything else. I expect him back next week but he has been playing like garbage. He needs to step up his game.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-25-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
TimD
All-Pro

TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TimD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
That's what the Jets do best.

And where have you been?
i had to really focus on school this semester so i pretty much went cold turkey from any distractions. did well tho so ill probably be back here and there.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's a wakeup call more than anything else. I expect him back next week but he has been playing like garbage. He needs to step up his game.
Rhodes has been near invisible since his payday. Coincidence? Unlikely. To much off the field attention grabbing and not enough on the field. Hopefully this is the wakeup call he needs, because he's hardly been worth anything to this point. He doesn't look interested in contact, hasn't made impact plays, and his ball skills haven't got him to the ball much at all.

Very disappointing to say the least

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Neither of those picks was terribly impressive, but that has to be nice for Rhodes. Defense was certainly very strong this game, would be nice if they play that well every week. Turnovers are still an issue, way too much fumbling on this team.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Quote:
Neither of those picks was terribly impressive, but that has to be nice for Rhodes. Defense was certainly very strong this game, would be nice if they play that well every week. Turnovers are still an issue, way too much fumbling on this team.
They weren't impressive but at least he was in position to pick them off. I expect him to be in the starting lineup next week and hopefully his season has just turned around for the better.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
They weren't impressive but at least he was in position to pick them off. I expect him to be in the starting lineup next week and hopefully his season has just turned around for the better.
Hopefully not only his season, but his career. He's been off for a few years now, Mangini's scheme was a bit of an excuse for a little while and he's needed someone to light a fire under him for a little while.

I was hoping the scheme was going to make the difference, but maybe the benching has done the trick. If he plays to his potential after this that would be really nice for the defense, though there are obviously bigger issues in the front 7 and at corner across from Revis (who was awesome as usual today).
Old 12-04-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

So much for listening to Joe Girardi....
Old 12-05-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

A little early for this, but who do you all think is retained after this season? I'm just going with the more obvious ones, FA's, Lito I believe can be let go at no real cost to the team after the season although that could be wrong, and people who will represent big cap savings. Obviously people leaving will create major holes at some spots that will need to be filled.

Braylon Edwards (RFA)
Leon Washington (either an RFA or basically under the CBA)
Kellen Clemens (same as LW I believe)
Lito Sheppard (not sure if the extension definitely kicks in or not but I thought the FO had the option to cut ties after year one which based on his play I would imagine they do)
Thomas Jones (over 5 million I believe in cap savings)
Damien Woody (has been pretty bad and would represent relatively significant cap savings at over 4 million I believe)

I think KC, Shep, and TJ are goners. Woody I would get rid of as well since he can be upgraded and would save some decent coin. Edwards and LW will be tricky as I think both believe they're worth more than the Jets will want to pay them based on performance and coming off of an injury, but I think they get retained one way or another. What is everyone else's take? Other significant players who might be gone? I'm sure we'll do this again at the end of the season but interesting to think about now and it's too quiet in the Jets forum so it'd be nice to get some banter going.
Old 12-05-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, what I'd say is this.

KC is a goner. Happy trailer Clemens, I wanted the Jets to draft McNeil.
Lito, I don't see why the Jets can't do what the Saints did and let him go and then resign him anyway. Eagle fans would be pissed, but hey, its been done to the Jets and recently.
Thomas Jones, the Jets have Leon and Greene. He's still a fairly effective runner, but at his age, you can't give a RB a long term contract.
Damien Woody........... I say keep him unless the Jets have someone in mind who they can get in free agency to fill in. I do not want a repeat of the Anthony Clement incident.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.msolimani is a cocksman.

Braylon - Really needs to prove himself down the stretch to earn a contract.
Leon - I'd like to see him signed up to an incentive based contract just incase he does come back 100%.
Clemens - Gone. I dont see why we would resign him or why he would want to resign.
Lito and Woody - Both should be cut especially Lito. Woody could possibly be moved to guard and we could draft a RT though.
Jones - I know he wants a new contract and all that but his current one is pretty fair, I'd like to see him back for at least one more year.

It is really early though and a lot could be impacted by whos available and how the last 4 games go.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

I have a feeling Braylon will "earn" the franchise tag just to have him around for another year
I think Leon's injury may have cost him some money so I think we can bring him back at a reasonable price.
I think Clemens wants to leave and maybe get a shot somewhere else.
I hope we don't bring Lito back.
Jones is on the wrong side of 30 so he should not get a long term contract. If we bring back Leon, then Jones is a goner but if not, then I think he'll be back.
Woody has been the weak spot on our line and we need to get yunger so I think he is a goner.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-06-2009, 11:24 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
A little early for this, but who do you all think is retained after this season? I'm just going with the more obvious ones, FA's, Lito I believe can be let go at no real cost to the team after the season although that could be wrong, and people who will represent big cap savings. Obviously people leaving will create major holes at some spots that will need to be filled.

Braylon Edwards (RFA)
Leon Washington (either an RFA or basically under the CBA)
Kellen Clemens (same as LW I believe)
Lito Sheppard (not sure if the extension definitely kicks in or not but I thought the FO had the option to cut ties after year one which based on his play I would imagine they do)
Thomas Jones (over 5 million I believe in cap savings)
Damien Woody (has been pretty bad and would represent relatively significant cap savings at over 4 million I believe)

I think KC, Shep, and TJ are goners. Woody I would get rid of as well since he can be upgraded and would save some decent coin. Edwards and LW will be tricky as I think both believe they're worth more than the Jets will want to pay them based on performance and coming off of an injury, but I think they get retained one way or another. What is everyone else's take? Other significant players who might be gone? I'm sure we'll do this again at the end of the season but interesting to think about now and it's too quiet in the Jets forum so it'd be nice to get some banter going.
I think KC is gone, which while I was highly critical of him, is disappointing to see a high second rounder go to waste. I will be very interested to see where he ends up next year and if he can beat out someone for a starting job.

Thomas Jones and Leon Washington are two guys I am very interested to see. Who knows how LW will bounce back, but in my opinion, its going to be hard to get rid of both of them. Like someone earlier said, its going to be hard to give TJ a long contract, but I feel LW is a huge ? mark. I don't think LW will be very happy with a franchise tag. I love TJ, but I can't see the Jets giving him a contract.

I like the idea of releasing Lito and then signing him again. He has had an OK year, a lot of penalties early on, but I would like to keep him around.

Easier said then done to let Woody gone, although it will help with cap. Need to look into the draft a little more, and see who is available in FA.

Honestly, I love Braylon, and think he will really, really help Sanchez's development. But I would absolutely feel more comfortable seeing another full year before giving him the money, using a franchise tag if possible.
Old 12-06-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Does anybody know what the exact deal with Lito is? I thought we kind of had him on a one year rental but when I looked at a cap site it seems like he's quite a bit of dead money if cut... Maybe the contract kicks in if he's still on the roster after a certain date and if he's cut after that he's a lot of dead money? I dunno. Either way I definitely agree I wouldn't want him playing on his current contract, he's struggled this year so if he can be replaced via draft I'd be up for giving it a shot but not in FA because you're still paying a good premium...I'd just try to bring him back for less. At this point I think he could be replaced via draft though and he's a liability thus wanting him gone.

For TJ, he has a contract next year it's just that if he's cut he saves a lot of money on the cap. Definitely agree that it's probably going to be a one or the other with him or LW, but that also kind of depends on where LW's at in rehab. If he's still got a ways to go and won't be able to play early and they can't see that he's healthy I'd be alright with keeping Jones and signing Leon to an incentive based deal as msolimani said.

With Woody, he scares me out there at right tackle. I think he could be upgraded rather easily in terms of his ability to pass protect, and with a young QB like Sanchez who is already having some knee trouble I'd like to keep him upright. He just looks stiff and slow in pass pro, and if he saves money on the cap I'd be fine with letting him go for a superior pass blocker even if it costs some in the run game. If there's any way to upgrade him I'd be fine with seeing him get cut, I just don't think he's cut out for playing tackle and Faneca and Moore aren't going anywhere at guard.

Again my ignorance is coming into play here, but I think it's possible to tender Braylon at a certain amount and have him play on a one year deal without tagging him since he's a RFA. Depending on where you tender him I'm sure no other team would try to pry him away (first round tender) and if they did I'd take the first for him. I think they can force him to stick around for a little while without a long term deal, and that's exactly what they should to. He and Cotchery complement each other very well IMO and having a big, downfield WR is great for the run game and Sanchez. I can live with a few drops based on everything else he brings to the table. When Sanchez gets more comfortable back there he can go for other more consistent targets at times as well and then go to BE in certain situations (in the red zone or looking for big plays or a taller target when pressure comes).
Old 12-06-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we all kind of threw in the towel when we lost to Jax, but we're only one game back from leading the division and even though the pats have the easiest schedule for the rest of the year, anything can happen

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

I think our only shot is through wildcard which is why I didn't know what to cheer for in the MIA-NE game. Now we find ourselves in 3rd but only one game back. Problem is we are pretty low on the tiebreaker ladder compared to other contending teams. We're going to need a lot of help from teams like Balt, Jax, and Mia to get in. But in a weird way I like our chances.

I'm hoping the Colts have nothing to play for in Week 16 but I wouldn't count us out even if they are still undefeated. I really liked what I saw from Sanchez against the Bills(minus that severe overthrow of Cotchery) and I think he might finally be progressing. I think in that game he found the perfect medium of scaling it back to prevent 5 picks while still being able to make some plays. I hope this knee sprain isn't too bad because I can't watch anymore Kellen Clemens, that was rough.
Old 12-09-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
JETS5128
Pro Bowler

JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JETS5128 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez is out against the Bucs

Sig by Me
JETS5128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Eh, I'm not worried and I don't think Sanchez would be out if the coaching staff didn't think Clemens could beat the 1-11 Tampa Bay Buccaneers. And by Clemens I mean Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene.

The Jets have the #4 rushing offense in the league and the Buccaneers have the second worst rushing defense in the league.

Last edited by Crickett : 12-09-2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
msolimani
Rookie

Quote:

Hopefully practicing with the 1's all week will turn him into a different QB. Last week he couldn't take a snap and just run a simple 4 minute offense. We should still win big but something about Clemens worries me.
Old 12-09-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by msolimani View Post
Hopefully practicing with the 1's all week will turn him into a different QB. Last week he couldn't take a snap and just run a simple 4 minute offense. We should still win big but something about Clemens worries me.
His apparent inability to remember what to do with the football once he drops back to pass?