Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2007, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
So this is basically a GREAT offseason so far

we have the best CB and a top 5-10 CB....we got 2 DTs that fit bate's defencive system..that being 2 300+lb dt. We got a top 15 HB in henry. THe draft will most likely be a Safety or DE now...which should def. open things up

Cutler has walker and marshall, and sheffler.....if anyone want to check this out....the most productive TE in dec. (the 4 weeks sheffler started) was sheffler. Henry is a proven runner....going to the best running system.

This has def. been a great offseason
While I agree that the Broncos have greatly improved their team, you are overrating Dre Bly a bit. He's probably in the 15-20 range.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
While I agree that the Broncos have greatly improved their team, you are overrating Dre Bly a bit. He's probably in the 15-20 range.

you might be right but i have never heard anythign bad and he has always been know as a GREAT man to man defender...and thats pretty much all denver runs....so he and champ should have a feild day
Old 03-05-2007, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is most assuredly one of the best #2 corners in the league. He should have a lot of opportunities to make plays, opposite of Bailey.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco99
Veteran

Denver Bronco99 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He is most assuredly one of the best #2 corners in the league. He should have a lot of opportunities to make plays, opposite of Bailey.

well considering he was a probowler...him now playing #2 would have to put him in the argurment of being the best #2
Old 03-05-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
you might be right but i have never heard anythign bad and he has always been know as a GREAT man to man defender...and thats pretty much all denver runs....so he and champ should have a feild day
If you've never heard anything bad about Bly you aren't paying attention. He's very overated and gets burnt all the time. That being said, the trade was of good value, and he'll be a fine #2. He is not, however, an upper-tier corner and that is the previous problem because he was considered one.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like this signing by Denver. I've always been a fan of Henry and I think he will flourish in the zone blocking system.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I really like this signing by Denver. I've always been a fan of Henry and I think he will flourish in the zone blocking system.
I really like it as well. Henry has the right running style for Denver's offense (strong, decent speed, runs with authority, doesn't dance).

Now, if we could just get both the lines upgraded...
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice pick up by the broncos.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sad to see him go, i think White will be fine.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:27 PM    (permalink
goblue8888
Rookie

goblue8888 smells like sex panther.goblue8888 smells like sex panther.

are off season isnt over were still trying to get kerney and graham
goblue8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Henry is still one of my favorite players. Good for him, I hope he does well there. Shouldn't be too hard.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope he lays off the weed so he doesn't get a year vacation.
I like him though, think he could get 1400+ yards and 10+ TD's, with Bell spelling him, forming a good combo.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:53 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wanted Henry more than Mcgahee anyways, better fit with less distraction. Not to mention lower contract.
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hm, this only leaves LenDale White as runningback for the Titans.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:04 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

denver has been very active this offseason. if they sign kerney or draft a good DE they are very solid at every position.
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:05 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
denver has been very active this offseason. if they sign kerney or draft a good DE they are very solid at every position.

except O-line...
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:13 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777 View Post
except O-line...
what parts of the oline are bad? i know lepsis will come back and i think pears will play RT. nalen is still the C. are the guards not that good? i thought denver was moving towards bigger o line men?
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:16 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought it was "guaranteed" that he would sign back with Tennessee? I thought it was "guaranteed" that the Broncos were trading for Willis? Some of the rumours you guys make up are just hilarious.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
I thought it was "guaranteed" that he would sign back with Tennessee?
No one ever said that. The only thing that was ever said about him coming back is that his agent and the Titans were still in contact with each other. Seems like you're the one making things up.

Btw, on the $8.3 million roster bonus that he was due, it was put into his contract last year by Floyd Reese, and was completely idiotic. IIRC, he only had to score 1 touchdown to qualify for the bonus. From reading around, the word is that we offered to restructure his deal to convert the $8.3M roster bonus into a signing bonus so that the hit didn't come all this year, but they declined it and eventually ended up getting $12M guaranteed from Denver, so looks like it was a smart move on his part. Plus he's now in a great situation as long as he passes his drug tests.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:45 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Am i the only bronco fan displeased with this news?? Travis Henry is not the feature back i was looking/hoping for out of free agency. Hes gonna get 1,000-1,200 yards and >10 touchdowns... thats decent but i would of really liked to see us get a dangerous back, mike bell could of put up these same numbers. I fail to see how Travis Henry is an upgrade.

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:52 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the move. It gives them a solid back to protect Cutler now, and a veteran to buy time as they develop a young back. The move also gives them draft flexibility. It may push back RB on the needs to a midround level. It could also lead to them being more aggressive in moving up for an impact defensive talent.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
3projectPAT6
Rookie

3projectPAT6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Travis Henry is the most average runningback ive ever seen...

Sig byDLS42
3projectPAT6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, you're pretty rough on a guy that just had a very productive season, and that was with the Titans. Imagine what he'll do in Denvers scheme.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
sdpads24
Veteran

sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.sdpads24 could make a wolverine purr.

Well this sucks. Give another good RB to the broncos and who knows what's can happen. Travis Henry came of a very solid year even after spliting carries.

Thanks to Bantx for the cool sig.
RIP SEAN TAYLOR #21
sdpads24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3projectPAT6 View Post
Travis Henry is the most average runningback ive ever seen...
Trust me, he's a good RB...you'll be very happy with him. He's a hard worker and a really powerful RB. Also, he has like <1% body fat, if that matters to you at all.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote