Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 11-29-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sloppy as **** win, but I'll take it.

Either the crappy teams that play the Eagles always bring their A game, or we just play down to their level. I'm thoroughly unimpressed with our offense right now, outside of our of young WR's and LeSean.

Winston got abused today too.

Sean McDermott's play calling isnt that great either. I would call it mediocre, but he has big shoes to fill and plenty of time to change my opinion.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that (sloppy win and the defense's inability to stop the skins on third down) can partially be due to the fact that each team knows the other so well. Really no excuse for Justice's play. He got slaughtered this week... now I don't feel as smart, lol.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing of note, Brent Celek was having trouble catching the ball late in the game as we all noticed. But I'm not sure if any of you noticed that Celek had his hand heavily taped up, I didn't think anything of it because I had assumed it had been there the entire time but... According to Brian Seltzer Celek informed staff pain in his thumb was so great, he couldn't physically catch football. And also Celek says he tore ligaments in his hand.

Also an interesting stat is how the rookies stepped it up with Celek and Jackson hurt. Jeremy Maclin and LeSean McCoy combined for 73 of team’s 158 yds on the final two drives.

Also Jamaal Jackson said after the game "The biggest difference from this year to last year is that coaches have the confidence to run the ball late." and he is right, the Eagles ran 10 times in the last 19 plays.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles 7-4 start is the best since going 10-1 in 2004, another testament to how hot the Eagles get at the end of the season if 7-4 is the second best record in week 11 in the past 11 years under Andy and yet they've continually made the playoffs.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seasons starting to come to a close and our draft needs are starting to become more apparent. I have a couple questions about our needs.

Do you guys think we should draft a TE in the top 3 rounds? Personally, if I see Jermaine Gresham in round 2, we take him, but if not Im not sure. I dont want to put my faith in Cornelius Ingram because 2nd time tearing the same ACL cant be good.

Where do you rank our need for RB? I've seen a lot of mocks giving us a RB in the 2nd. I HATE the pick. I love LeSean McCoy running outside the tackles and the screen game he provides, and Weavers between the tackles game is enough to keep me happy.

Do we go safety 1st or 2nd? I think its safe to say Mays and Berry are not going to be Eagles in the near future, but who do we target and when do we target them? I'm a fan of Reshad Jones in the 2nd.

Do you guys think Allen Bailey would fit in the Eagles system? Personally, I hope he declares and we use our 1st on him. I love his versatility and I have faith that we can coach him up.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

My top needs are RG and LE, at RG I'm hoping the Eagles can snag Mike Iupati in the second (or John Jerry in the third) and at LE I like Derrick Morgan but I really am excited to see what Greg Rosmeus can develop into (he has the potential to be VERY good).

Personally I like Macho Harris, Quintin Demps and Sean Jones at FS, they're not great but Macho and Demps still have potential and are great coverage players and Sean Jones is good against the run.

I want a RB and I want either Ben Tate or Anthony Dixon in the second or third round.

I think the Eagles go WR earlier than people think with depth issues due to Kevin Curtis being injured and Reggie Brown sucking.

TE is fine, Alex Smith should be resigned and with Smith, Martin Rucker, Cornelius Ingram and Brent Celek the Eagles have good depth.

CB is my sleeper need and I actually think the Eagles go CB in round 1, injury issues have completely deflated depth at the CB spot and with Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown always injured this season I think they're going to realize they need to upgrade Dimitri Patterson, Ramzee Robinson and Geoffrey Pope. I really want Kyle Wilson from Boise State who is not only a good returner (which the Eagles need) but he is a shutdown corner in college.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I think CB right now just looks horrendous. Its still questionable whether or not Ellis Hobbs will resign, but his injury still hurt us. Joselio should come back from his 4 game suspension and help our secondary. Right now our the CB depth is bad, but by the end of the season should improve.

I Kyle Wilson and Perrish Cox at CB if we go there.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only safeties/cornerbacks I'm comfortable with us drafting in round 1 are Berry(who sounds like he's leaning towards staying now), Mays and Haden. Earl Thomas is another possibility, but I'm almost positive he stays. Honestly I think this year Reid's going to go back to drafting in the trenches, be it LE or RT(we can get a RG later on).

Also the injuries just keep piling up this year with Jackson and Celek now. I'm pretty sure they'll be ready to go for this week, but especially in Jackson's case with concussions you never know. It looks like we could get lucky this week though with the possibility of both Matt Ryan and Turner being out.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
The only safeties/cornerbacks I'm comfortable with us drafting in round 1 are Berry(who sounds like he's leaning towards staying now), Mays and Haden. Earl Thomas is another possibility, but I'm almost positive he stays. Honestly I think this year Reid's going to go back to drafting in the trenches, be it LE or RT(we can get a RG later on).

Also the injuries just keep piling up this year with Jackson and Celek now. I'm pretty sure they'll be ready to go for this week, but especially in Jackson's case with concussions you never know. It looks like we could get lucky this week though with the possibility of both Matt Ryan and Turner being out.
What makes you say that about Earl Thomas? He's got 8 picks this season, most people here at UT expect he will go pro after the season he's having, especially if we win the national championship. I'd like to get Earl, but since the Eagles never seem to draft UT players we'll see.

I'm with you on LE and RT as early picks. I like Abiamiri but he just isn't durable enough to hold up all season (sorry EATW). I'm ok with us at safety, I think Macho is the future there as he gets more experience.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to address the trenches and the secondary. We need depth at least in these areas, with potential starters needed at RG, LE, and FS. I like our top 3 CBs, but depth is needed. In all honesty, our top needs have young players who have shown glimpses, except RG, but RG could be addressed later, not necessarily in the first round.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Eagles are signing Brent Celek to a 6 year 30 million dollar contract extension.

EDIT: NVM, it is an unconfirmed deal from a "friend of Brent Celek's family" but this is about the time where the Eagles extend their young players, so an extension is forseeable but I highly doubt the Eagles pay Brent Celek 5 million dollars a year which would make him one of the highest paid players at the TE spot in the NFL, right behind Kellen Winslow, Tony Gonzalez and Dallas Clark. The Eagles spent 4 million on a franchise tag on LJ Smith and the pay of a franchise player is determined by the top 5 players pay at the players spot, so Celek would be top 5 and the Eagles are notorious for lowballing clients so I highly doubt the Eagles shell out that kind of cash especially with DeSean Jackson likely wanting a fatty new contract and the money they have invested in Jason Peters, Stacy Andrews and Winston Justice.

Last edited by Thumper : 11-30-2009 at 09:16 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:01 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's awesome. Celek is a great player, a great person and really deserves it. Jason Avant next please.

Edit: Leonard Weaver too!
Old 11-30-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My most anticipated game of the season (my roommate is an Eagles fan) and the marquee match up is all but done. Matt Ryan is out :/

GG

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's awesome. Celek is a great player, a great person and really deserves it. Jason Avant next please.

Edit: Leonard Weaver too!
I'll second this...

Old 11-30-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
My most anticipated game of the season (my roommate is an Eagles fan) and the marquee match up is all but done. Matt Ryan is out :/

GG
What is the status on Turner?

Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
What is the status on Turner?
Questionable with a sprained ankle, my guess is that he misses the game because he re-injured it last Sunday and it had been messing with him for a few weeks.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. He had a high ankle sprain against the Panthers and left the Bucs game with a lower leg injury. Not the same exact thing, but still pretty bad. I doubt we see much of him on Sunday. At least Norwood is healthy and Snelling is doing a good job filling his role.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norwood scares me just as much as Turner.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Norwood scares me just as much as Turner.
Norwood doesnt scare me as much as Turner, because Turner will take 2-3 people each time to take him down.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:15 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Norwood doesnt scare me as much as Turner, because Turner will take 2-3 people each time to take him down.
He is still dynamic with the ball in his hands, and with how inconsistent the D's tackling has been, and some additional 8 man sets, if he breaks a tackle, it could go for big yards...

Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Yes! The Eagles are getting healthy! Westbrook is fine now, Desean is playing on Sunday, Kevin Curtis is finally healthy, Akeem Jordan is coming back and Joselio Hanson is off his suspension. The Eagles are getting healthy for the stretch run.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Eagles are winning the division. I see you guys beating us this week, and finishing off a strong december.

If the Giants have a chance, its only as a wild card in my eyes, bc we're not a great December team either and you guys have tie breakers on us.

I'm hoping Dallas does what Dallas does in December, and hopefully the Giants can win enough to squeak into the playoffs.

The Eagles are simply a better version of the Giants. Our teams are built the same almost, but the Eagles are just a better version. The only other team that scares me more than the Eagles are the Saints. I think that highly of the Eagles.

Its a shame you guys are banged up this year. A healthy Eagles team in my eyes is the most talented team in the league.

We have a chance in this game, but I think its only bc division games are always close regardless of talent. But I do think the Eagles are the better team.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Eagles are winning the division. I see you guys beating us this week, and finishing off a strong december.

If the Giants have a chance, its only as a wild card in my eyes, bc we're not a great December team either and you guys have tie breakers on us.

I'm hoping Dallas does what Dallas does in December, and hopefully the Giants can win enough to squeak into the playoffs.

The Eagles are simply a better version of the Giants. Our teams are built the same almost, but the Eagles are just a better version. The only other team that scares me more than the Eagles are the Saints. I think that highly of the Eagles.

Its a shame you guys are banged up this year. A healthy Eagles team in my eyes is the most talented team in the league.

We have a chance in this game, but I think its only bc division games are always close regardless of talent. But I do think the Eagles are the better team.
No doubt it'll be close, as usual. I think it'll come down to which team capitalizes best on opportunities.

I think DeSean will have a great game if he is 100%, he'll be eager to prove himself and make up for the week he lost... Just a feeling I have...

Old 12-07-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

So how many times did you jizz in your pants watching Weaver yesterday EATW? Haha.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Sheldon Brown's world and we're just living in it.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote