Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
So can we expect to see Adrian Peterson backing up Benson? or will they look to acquire a veteran in free agency?
We'll look at RB I think in the middle rounds. Possibly a Brandon Jackson or something.

I like AP and I think he's a very capable backup, but JA loves drafting for depth, so I see an RB being added in the draft sometime.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:40 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
So can we expect to see Adrian Peterson backing up Benson? or will they look to acquire a veteran in free agency?
Guess here is that they'll draft a young back. I wouldn't be surprised with someone like, say, Antonio Pittman or Lorenzo Booker, someone that will offer a change of pace to Benson in terms of running style.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:41 PM    (permalink
nyjets5125
Rookie

nyjets5125 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_VIlma View Post
I'm assuming you mean that, and your next two drafts as well, right?

I like the trade, I think Thomas Jones is going to be a nice back in aiding us to win, while we find out if Leon will ever be a feature back.

Assuming that we sign David Bowens/Kenyon Coleman to replace or aid Kimo at defensive end, the only thing we're looking at in the draft right now is a offensive tackle OR guard, and a 3-4 linebacker. That of course is with three picks within the top 70 now.
and a CB, and then i wouldnt be surprised with a WR or TE particularly if Greg Olsen is left at 25
Old 03-05-2007, 07:42 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Guess here is that they'll draft a young back. I wouldn't be surprised with someone like, say, Antonio Pittman or Lorenzo Booker, someone that will offer a change of pace to Benson in terms of running style.
I think they'd have to use the 37th to get Pittman, which seems unlikely given their needs, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

Peterson deserves to be the #2 IMO and the staff has said that is what they planned on doing (prior to the Jones trade). Then again people say a lot of stuff that isn't true before the draft so you never know.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:44 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
*Jotting note down in the NFLDC record books...bearsfan_51 can predict the future* :D
Well, half the future anyway.

toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Peterson will get a shot at more carries, but his skillset, I just don't believe, is diverse enough to balance out Benson. But eh, tis early so who knows. He's a nice solid 3rd stringer who, in the right situations, could be a capable 2nd stringer. I am just not sold on him having the skillset to be a solid 2nd stringer for us in terms of what we need out of a guy to balance Benson.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears continue to make great moves. Both sides got what they wanted, and the Bears are really gonna have a good draft now, I can feel it.

Jerry Angelo is doing a terrific job over there. Barring injuries, I can see this team doing just as good if not better next year with a solid draft, which is almost a given with Angelo's track record.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
They will not snake Lorenzo from the Pack.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
shavedaeyebrow2
Pro Bowler

shavedaeyebrow2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I absolutely love the trade! We get an underrated back and don't lose any draft picks. Though we do lose position of a pick, I still love it! Jets Fans like what Management did! It's a miracle!

Gamertag: KRAAAWG
shavedaeyebrow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
gio
Rookie

gio hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

awesome move..didn't think the trade was too bad either..vilma stays with us, and now we can save that pick reserved for a RB for another position. downhill runner, im liking it.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:48 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The Bears continue to make great moves. Both sides got what they wanted, and the Bears are really gonna have a good draft now, I can feel it.

Jerry Angelo is doing a terrific job over there. Barring injuries, I can see this team doing just as good if not better next year with a solid draft, which is almost a given with Angelo's track record.
That's pretty optimistic. This could all blow up in our face if Benson turns out to be a bust. I doubt that will happen but their is still some uncertainty about him being the feature back. God I hope he lives to the hype of the #4 overall pick.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFbear View Post
That's pretty optimistic. This could all blow up in our face if Benson turns out to be a bust. I doubt that will happen but their is still some uncertainty about him being the feature back. God I hope he lives to the hype of the #4 overall pick.
He never blew up before because he's a 25 carry back. You can't use him sporadically and expect results. He doesn't have the breakaway speed for that. Expect a big year out of him.

Im not necessarily saying they will make the SB again, but I think they definately will prove the haters wrong that they were a fluke team. They definately have the potential to make it back. Theyre a good team, with potential to be even better. Especially on offense, where their offense is underrated and developing. Add a TE or a WR opposite of Berrian from this draft, and you got yourself a complete team.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 03-05-2007 at 07:58 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Bradley could be that complimenting WR if he can get back to 100%. But I'd like a big physical WR sometime in this draft. Like a Jarrett, Meachem, Baker, etc...

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gio View Post
awesome move..didn't think the trade was too bad either..vilma stays with us, and now we can save that pick reserved for a RB for another position. downhill runner, im liking it.
Thomas Jones is NOT a downhill runner FYI... you'll see what i'm talking about when he plays... He dances way too much for my liking.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Mark Bradley could be that complimenting WR if he can get back to 100%. But I'd like a big physical WR sometime in this draft. Like a Jarrett, Meachem, Baker, etc...
Would the Bears consider the TE from Miami? Clark is getting old, and he's slow.

Gonzalez could be had with the 2nd round pick they got now, I think he's gonna be a stud WR and a nice compliment to Berrian.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Would the Bears consider the TE from Miami? Clark is getting old, and he's slow.

Gonzalez could be had with the 2nd round pick they got now, I think he's gonna be a stud WR and a nice compliment to Berrian.
Sidney Rice could probably be had at #37 too, and I would MUUUUUCH rather have him. Please see the Bears thread for my top 10 list, and feel free to offer your suggestions, opinions as well.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seems like a fair deal on both sides. We'll get to see what Cedric Benson is all about.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:12 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

people forget that we just spent a 2nd rounder (high 2nd rounder at that) on Mark Bradley... Anthony Gonzalez doesn't give us anything a healthy Bradley doesn't... A replacement for Moose (and Justin Gage) is what we need... think a big receiver like Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Dallas Baker, in that order.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:13 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:

Gonzo isn't the type of WR we need though. We need another Moose type guy. A big, physical WR that can go over the middle, get out of press, and is a red zone target. We really don't need another burner. I like Gonzo too, but not for us.

IMO we'd take Miller before Olsen. Greg is a pass catching TE, but we'd need an all around TE like Miller for our system.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, great move by the Jets.

The 37th overall pick isn't that far off from 1st round value, and the Jets could have had the chance to draft a stud left guard like Ben Grubbs or Aaron Sears, but to only have to trade 2nd round picks to get a legit RB like Thomas Jones is well done imo.

The Bears weren't going to re-sign Jones, so this allows them to get as described above a borderline 1st round pick - one they themselves could use to bring in talented youth to their offensive line - although I'm partly surprised they acquiesced for what they did. Then again, the draft value chart would indicate that Jones has a value of the 67th overall pick, the 3rd pick of the 3rd round, in this trade and that sounds more right than wrong.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also an excellent day for fantasy football owners, we just got 3 more legit RBs in Travis Henry (Denver), Thomas Jones (New York Jets), and Cedric Benson (Chicago).
Old 03-05-2007, 08:27 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
Also an excellent day for fantasy football owners, we just got 3 more legit RBs in Travis Henry (Denver), Thomas Jones (New York Jets), and Cedric Benson (Chicago).
Very true. If all goes well, Benson could put up Ricky Williams like fantasty numbers, especially in the redzone.

Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a good move for both teams, Bears move up and get rid of someone they really dont need and the jets get a good RB for a pick swap.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:44 PM    (permalink
'cuse-213
Pro Bowler

'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.'cuse-213 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am one happy Jets fan.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:48 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Alright...so this is good for the Bills. Sets McGahee's trade value at at least a 2nd Rounder, IMO.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote