Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 8 44.44%
Green Bay Packers 10 55.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-09-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we should extend Dwill. yes it was bad Joe through that red zone INT but it shows he had confidence in Dwill to win a jump ball. The bad thing is Cameron has his head up his ass and mason/clayton will be our starters for the rest of the year. Its ******** because you look at Washington, how many 3rd and longs will he have to convert to get the ball more its ridiculous.

also I feel Zbi should be our SS now and of the future. The guy did very well at FS being put on the spot on extremly short notice. I think he will succeed at SS.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

FOXWORTH SUCKS! I really don't care what anyone says, or good he is in comparison to the other horrific corners we have/had, I'm not supporting him anymore. I liked the signing at first, but it's turned into the worst in the history of the Ravens franchise. I really don't care that he's from Maryland, he's playing like complete and utter $hit, especially when you take into account he's one of our highest paid players.

I like the dude, I really do, but as they say on ESPN c'mon man, step your damn game up!!!

Last edited by dcarey20 : 12-09-2009 at 07:12 PM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I read this at ravens24x7.com by Brian McFarland regarding Foxworth and the way his contract is structured. The dead money cutting him would produce is not as big as you would think (as always, it depends on the CBA negotiations though)

"Foxworth signed a 4 year, $27.2M contract that reportedly called for $16.5M in “guaranteed” money.

However, the term “guaranteed” is a bit misleading in this case. Foxworth will receive a signing bonus of $4M and an option bonus next year of $6M. Foxworth will also receive a guaranteed reporting bonus of $3.38M in 2009. His 2010 base salary of $3.2M is also guaranteed, but only against injury. So, while $16.58M is “guaranteed”, only $10M of that is really bonus money. The $3.38M reporting bonus is essentially just 2009 base salary – and they are obviously not going to release him this year anyway - and the 2010 base salary of $3.2M is only guaranteed against injury, so if he is released for performance reasons, that $3.2M is not payable to him nor does it count against the Ravens’ Salary Cap. Further, if he was released before 2010, the team would not owe him the $6M option bonus either."

7.5 million would be created in dead money though, which is still a fair bit so I highly doubt he would be cut, nor do I think they should. The year after Im sure they will though seeing as his cap hit start getting up in the 7-8 million range, and cutting him would be down to 5 mill in dead money.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we'd put some pressure on the QB our Dbackfield would look alot better.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

anyone else think its safe to say Zbiokwski should start over Landry at SS. I was impressed w/ Zbi he was put out of position and on the spot and very short notice. I feel he should be above Landry
Old 12-10-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
If we'd put some pressure on the QB our Dbackfield would look alot better.
And that's the case with any defensive backfield. But it doesn't change the fact that our corners flat out suck dick outside of Lardarius. Pass rush has nothing to do with committing pass interference penalties 40 yards downfield, and it has nothing to do with horrific open field tackling that I am forced to watch week in and week out.

Last edited by dcarey20 : 12-10-2009 at 11:54 AM.
dcarey20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
And that's the case with any defensive backfield. But it doesn't change the fact that our corners flat out suck dick outside of Lardarius. Pass rush has nothing to do with committing pass interference penalties 40 yards downfield, and it has nothing to do with horrific open field tackling that I am forced to watch week in and week out.
The reason there are so many penalties is because the lack of pass rush. By the time the QB throws the ball the WR's have had 5 seconds to get open. Even the best cornerbacks can't cover that long
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
anyone else think its safe to say Zbiokwski should start over Landry at SS. I was impressed w/ Zbi he was put out of position and on the spot and very short notice. I feel he should be above Landry
I 100% agree with you. Landry is terrible in coverage and two of his picks were tipped balls. So that's a dead statistic. Zbikowski is younger, faster and a better hitter. Plus, he looked solid in coverage on Monday and I think he needs more PT on defense. Landry is awful.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:16 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. If anyone is watching the Browns vs. Steeeler game, the Browns defense is playing exactly how I think the Ravens should be played.

- players showing blitz, then backing off, then another player opposite of him shows blitz, then also backing off. And then one of em ends up blitzing anyways, or even both of em'

- players lining up in the box then backing into coverage at the snap of the ball.

- players playing with heart and a desire to win the freaking game.

Basically, I want to see organized chaos back here in Baltimore, it would work beautifully. Cause that kind of stuff makes offensive lines account for everybody and that usually leads to them hesitating, which can cost them sacks and QB hurries
Old 12-10-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea it makes me sick whenever I see a attacking D. Before the Steelers game they showed a replay of the Ravens Steelers game when we got ****** over by a ref because he didnt understand the rules and what was being challenged. The broadcasters complimented us on the movement pre-snap and how the QB didnt know wtf was going on. Now when me w/ absolutely zero football experience already knows what is going to happen w/ our D of course the QB does