Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-05-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
I bet you couldn't even break down Illinois on paper TT. And actually, our talent is on par with yours, and I'll say it's better.

Frazier - Paulus: Frazier
McBride - Nelson: Nelson
Randle - Scheyer: Ranldle (when healthy)
Carter - McRoberts: Toss Up
Pruitt - ???: Pruitt (he's one of the best big men in the Big 10).

Our bench > Your bench.

We've never got the chacne to get rolling this season with any momentum, yet we still wind up with 21 wins. And the Big 10 is a very tough conference when the season starts up. Hell, Ohio State almost lost to Penn State in Happy Valley.

I believe I asked you to compare our two teams on about page 17, and you didn't do it. Then I asked you to do it again and you didn't. So are you going to shy away for the 3rd time or are you going to step up to the plate and actually compare our two teams? Balls in your court bud. So either compare, or do not saying anything about Illinois.

I'll get er on here before tomorrow because i don't have the time to do an accurate breakdown tonight, deal?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:53 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tubby is a decent X's and O's guy, but he's not much of a recruiter.
I spelled it right. I just didn't hit shift..

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'll get er on here before tomorrow because i don't have the time to do an accurate breakdown tonight, deal?
Deal. And expect a counter reply from me. In fact, go back and check out page 17, or somewhere around there.

The fact is; we have the talent to be a top 20 team, there's no question about that and our talent is on par with yours. Which is why I said on paper we are a better team than Duke.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 07:55 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I spelled it right. I just didn't hit shift..
Sure sure, making up excuses....Typical Packer fan.;)

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:56 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This was kind of fun the first week, but haven't we had enough Duke-Illinois talk yet
Old 03-05-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
This was kind of fun the first week, but haven't we had enough Duke-Illinois talk yet
Nope we haven't.:D

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TT, you guys have a pretty mediocre team this year. But, you're gonna have a damn good team with the recruiting class you're getting this year.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
TT, you guys have a pretty mediocre team this year. But, you're gonna have a damn good team with the recruiting class you're getting this year.

Yeah Kyle Singler is gonna be the new Duke guy everyone hates
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 08:28 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Idk, I've seen his highlight reels and I'm not that enamoured with Singler. He's a good player, but he looks very slow.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 08:37 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Idk, I've seen his highlight reels and I'm not that enamoured with Singler. He's a good player, but he looks very slow.

eh you couldnt find a better place for him in the country. Drive and kick offense he can just spot up all day. You dont really need to be fast to play off guard for Duke if you can shoot. (see JJ Redick)
Old 03-05-2007, 08:39 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

so what do you guys think. If gonzaga loses this game do they still get in? I'd say if they still had Heytvelt they would be a lock but without him i'd still put it at about 75% because of their brutal schedule.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:49 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say no, they won't get in if they lose, 15% chance.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:53 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
eh you couldnt find a better place for him in the country. Drive and kick offense he can just spot up all day. You dont really need to be fast to play off guard for Duke if you can shoot. (see JJ Redick)
Singler is basically Scheyer Part II, only Jon has more driving ability.

Quote:
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Niagara wins the MAAC! They've won 11 straight and are on their way to the tourney! I love Joe Mihalich!
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

NickBam hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just found out that Ohio State will be wearing LeBron's logo during the Big Ten tournament.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Chicago Bears: NFC Champions
NickBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:19 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBam View Post
I just found out that Ohio State will be wearing LeBron's logo during the Big Ten tournament.
Why?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 03-05-2007, 10:22 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Why?

mmmmmmmmmmmmm
LeBron runs Ohio is my guess.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What conference gets more teams the Big East or ACC. I think they either get the same or the Big East squeezes out one more.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:52 PM    (permalink
NickBam
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
What conference gets more teams the Big East or ACC. I think they either get the same or the Big East squeezes out one more.
I'm predicting the Big East.

Sig by gbpackers0065

Old 03-05-2007, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My friend and I just have a bet going on. He went to Maryland and myself to Rutgers. I said Big East will get more, he said ACC. Pitt, Georgetown, Marquette, Louisville, Notre Dame, and Syracuse are lock in my mind. Villanova has a very good shot and West Viriginia is a toss up bubble team. In the ACC I see UNC, Virginia, Va Tech, Duke, BC, and Maryland. After that Georgia Tech in on the bubble and I guess maybe Clemson as well.

Both conferences might have lucked out with Gonzaga and VCU winning tonight. Because VCU would have definately gotten in even with a loss in their final. Possibly the same with Gonzaga although they were a bit more iffy. However George Mason and Santa Clara will definately not get an at large, so that is two at larges the bigger conferences don't lose.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Big East: Pitt, Marquette, Louisville, Georgetown, Syracuse, Villinova, Notre Dame

ACC: UNC, Duke, Boston College, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Big East 7-6
Old 03-05-2007, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question: How is Maryland not in the Top 15? 24-7, with wins over Duke and UNC... Confusing.

Plus, how is Nevada still in the Top 10? Zero wins over top 25 teams.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tubby is a decent X's and O's guy, but he's not much of a recruiter.
Bingo! He's one of if not the best coaches of defense in the nation, I'll give him that. However he can't recruit and when he does get highly touted guys (Rondo/Morris) they don't fit the system well. The PPG from Pitino to him however is 8-10 points every year. He also takes on every guy over 7 feet that he can find despite the fact that no one else wants them (Shagari Alleyne (7'3), Lukasz Obrzut (7'1), Jared Carter (7'1)) and none of them are good enough to play for UK.

Jodie Meeks however was a great recruit, he's a solid freshman with amazing speed and he isn't shy about shooting the three (most importantly he's successful at it).
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Big East: Pitt, Marquette, Louisville, Georgetown, Syracuse, Villinova, Notre Dame

ACC: UNC, Duke, Boston College, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Big East 7-6
GT is in with the W over UNC. Clemson has a legit shot too.

they get smoked.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Yeah Kyle Singler is gonna be the new Duke guy everyone hates
I think Gerald Henderson Jr. just earned that title. People always hate the best players from Duke because they're jelious ( JJ)

they get smoked.