Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
So how many times did you jizz in your pants watching Weaver yesterday EATW? Haha.
Technically once, because once it started it never stopped. I lost a lot of weight yesterday...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you guys looking for in this game against the Giants? Do you guys feel pretty confident?
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was on rotoworld and I saw a couple contracts that just seem ridiculous to me.

Stacy Andrews
2/28/2009: Signed a six-year, $38.9 million contract. The incentive-laden deal contains $8.72 million guaranteed. 2009: $1.62 million (+ $3 million roster bonus), 2010: $2.956 million (+ $4.1 million roster bonus), 2011: $4.75 million, 2012: $5.574 million, 2013: $7 million, 2014: $6.75 million, 2015: Free Agent

I dont know a whole lot about player salaries, but from the looks of it he is our 2nd highest paid offensive lineman. I'm not very confident about that.

Will Witherspoon is making 5M a year with Stewart Bradley, Chris Gocong, Omar Gaither, and Akeem Jordan all looking to make bank soon.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

well I really dont think all those LBs are back next year assuming it is a capped year. I think Gaither, and Gocong/Jordan (most likely Gocong) are gone next year with our projected Lbs from will to sam Jordan-Witherspoon-Bradley. but if it is an uncapped year i know gaither will be a RFA im not sure when Gocongs deal is up but he could be traded, but i would prefer him moving to DE and cuting either Juqua or Bryan Smith.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Eagles are becoming a more balanced team than people realize, lately the Eagles have really pulled out all the stops in the run game. In the past 3 games the Eagles have 383 yards and 3 touchdowns and things are only going to get better. Soon enough the Eagles will have the rotation of LeSean McCoy, Leonard Weaver, Brian Westbrook, Eldra Buckley and Mike Vick rushing.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Teh Deseanz is back this week, and Maclin looks good, too.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Vick and Macho Harris balled out against the Falcons.

Irony haha.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great win. Desean Jackson is sexy and Trent Cole is a ******.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOW...defense much Eagles, 500+ yards by the giants. If not for the ST plays, eagles might have lost this. Though the defense did force key turn overs.

Eli turning into Brett Favre, with those slippery sack avoiding passes.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good win tonight in some respects, but as I've said earlier in the season, tackling is very inconsistent. Tonight, it was consistently poor. The offense looked great, and we established a drive that ate up the clock!. DeSean beasted even more than I expected, was obviously very impressed. But that drive is the single most important thing from this game, and showed me that the O is capable of establishing one of those drives.

Old 12-14-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol at Matt Mosley:
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast

here are some quotes:
Quote:
He hit the sideline and it was all over for a 72-yard touchdown. He now has the Eagles record for most punt returns for a touchdown with three. It was another brilliant play for one of the most dangerous players in the game. And it gives the Eagles a 24-10 lead late in the first half.
Quote:
Tom Coughlin knows he can't settle for field goals against Andy Reid's magical, mystical Wildcat machine. And that's why he elected to go for it on fourth-and-goal from the Eagles' 1-yard line. The Giants desperately need a defensive stand. A three-and-out would be huge, but it's hard to imagine as long as DeSean Jackson's on the field.
Quote:
But never mind because DeSean Jackson just scored on a 61-yard touchdown pass. It's amazing how much time Donovan McNabb has in the pocket. He could've taken another two or three second back there but he didn't need it. Jackson had broken free from safety Aaron Ross, who is playing out of position.
Quote:
With his remarkable performance tonight, Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson has tied Devin Hester and Elroy "Crazy Legs" Hirsch (1951) for the most touchdowns of 50 yards or more in a season with eight. Before he made that last catch, Jackson had averaged 44.8 yards on five touches. He may be the most electrifying offensive player in the league right now.
Quote:
The New York Giants learned a painful lesson Sunday night in the Meadowlands. You should never get involved in a shootout against a team that features DeSean Jackson.
And a few weeks back he said that DeSean was so dangerous that the opposing team should just stick a safety at the 1 yard line to stop him from getting in.

I love the hype lol.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:32 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I missed the game because I was working and had to follow it on my phone. I simply just giggle at this point whenever I see "DeSean Jackson 60-yard pass from Donovan McNabb" get typed in. Dude is ridiculous. Sorry, DeSean. I was way wrong about you. Your OC at Cal had to be the biggest ******* moron ever.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

What a Game!!! The O came out huge I think they only had one 3 and out the whole game. The D was another story if it wasnt for few lucky plays (Eli's first fumble, Manningham's first time out of bounds in the endzone) we could have easily lost. Also what happened to Q he played the worst ive ever seen him play, and Juqua is terrible he generated not pressure even after going against Beatty for most of the game.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was one hell of a game.

There is a possibility we meet again. If the Giants can squeak into the playoffs, and the Eagles get the 3 seed, we'll meet in the 1st round.

The question now is, who would you rather meet in the playoffs? Dallas or the Giants?

Bc 1 of the 2 will make the 6 seed. Which means you guys will be either us or the Cowboys in the 1st round of the playoffs. Who do you think the Eagles want to face if they had a choice?
Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After last night I really hope the giants don't make the playoffs. They scare me much more than the cowboys right now and it would be very hard to beat you guys 3 times in 1 season.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Weaver was a great pickup. I really hope Maclin is ok so that pos Reggie Brown never sees the field again. What's going on with Curtis?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hixon's TD shouldve never happened. #26 (I believe it was Sean Jones) was absolutely horrible on that play.

Thats the kind of play that costs you your starting position. He was brutal on that play.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Yeah it was on Brown and Trotter(?) for the initial tackle, but Jones did a terrible job of backing them up which led to Hixon breaking it for the TD. Our tackling was just terrible yesterday.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this was Reggie Browns best game of the season. McNabb missed out on a possible long TD pass to him by overthrowing him by a couple of steps.

Poor night for Jason Avant and LeSean McCoy.

Season is finally starting to heat up.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Leonard Weaver was a great pickup. I really hope Maclin is ok so that pos Reggie Brown never sees the field again. What's going on with Curtis?
Leonard Weaver for ************* pro bowl!

Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Leonard Weaver for ************* pro bowl!
He is easily the front runner IMO.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Eagles pro-bowl standings according to Brian Seltzer

Asante Samuel is the #1 vote getter in the NFC
Donovan McNabb is 5th behind Brees, Favre, Rodgers and Warner
Leonard Weaver is second behind Naufahu Tahi of the Vikings
David Akers is in 2nd
Sheldon Brown, Trent Cole and Brent Celek aren't in the top 5, the most underrated players at their positions IMO because they have serious cases for being top 3 in the league at their spots.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

That's just fans right? I would hope a couple guys can get in with the help of players/coaches.
Old 12-15-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Oh and DeSean Jackson is second in the NFC
Old 12-15-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Oh and DeSean Jackson is second in the NFC
Hmmm sounds right. Should be right behind Larry. If Steve Smith was doing better he probably would be third. Actually I'm surprised he is second what about Colston?

Though Desean's added return skills probably gives him a boost up.

NFC WR who will probaby make the pro bowl
Larry - lock
Desean - lock
Miles -
Colston
Steve Smith(NYG) - lock
Maybe Roddy White or Rice