Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-14-2009, 04:34 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dexter Season Finale ***Spoilers***

After looking through some of these lists and from the TV thread, Dexter is clearly one of the more popular shows. Because of DVR and it being on a premium channel, people watch it at different times. The TV thread becomes a scary place if you havent watched news episodes haha.

So what a last episode, ya? I absolutely loved this season, Lithgow was terrific. There are really a lot of directions Dexter can go now. Hes really built himself quite a mess here. I think season 5 is going to be much darker.

Regardless of what Dexter does, calls the police or cleans up Rita himself and she ends up 'missing' he is linked to Trinity now. It seems inevitable that Kyle Butler will be exposed as well. Now Deb knows exactly who he is, combined with a life long of seeing all of his.. oddities. I wonder if hell completely abandon his facade life at some point next season. It seems unlikely hell be able to continue being Dexter Morgan; Miami forensics.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:27 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I couldn't believe how this episode twisted. By the end I was just trying to keep my breath. I can't believe Rita is dead. I didn't even think about the cleanup.

What happens next season. How to he continue to kill without anyone to watch the kids. The baby won't be old enough to sleep through the night and alister isn't going to be babysitting overnight I wouldn't think.

There is going to have to be a babysitter introduced I would think, unless debra and dexter move in together which would be wierd imo...but being as they are the only family it would make sense.

Hell maybe deb and dex hook up because they are no longer bro and sis...as sick and twisted as that seems both have had spouses die, however I'm not sure how that'd go over at the office haha. IK this idea is rediculous but still funny to think about.

Also a side note dex and deb are married in real life.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:44 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never read the books, nor do I know how closely the show has bothered to follow them, but...

I really doubt that it takes a turn where Dexter has to abandon his identity. Too much showtime invested in building characters other than himself and too much mileage left in developing them further. Debra 'knowing who he is' doesn't really mean much. The way they write her, the idea that she'd actually wind up suspecting him is pretty ridiculous. The suspicious character is going to be Quinn, who I'm betting won't live to see season 6.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:54 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly. Quinn is looking more and more like Sgt. Doakes to me.
I didn't see Rita dying... great twist at the end.
I can definitely see Debra moving in with him to help take care of the kids
I wonder if they'll introduce a new chick for him?

Trinity was great and by far my fav season so far

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing season overall but really awesome season finale. I NEVER saw that ending coming. I kept thinking about what could happen and never did I think Rita would be dead at the end of the episode. Just amazing. John Lithgow was brilliant in his role as Trinity. Perfect casting.

I've read all the books so there are a few ways I could see them taking the next season, but I won't spoil that for anyone who wants to read the books.

Only click this spoiler if you want something from the books revealed, otherwise just skip it:

Trust me though, there are a lot of possibilities. They have some great material to work with.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. I knew something was gonna happen at the end of the episode but as time kept getting closer to the end*, there were limited options I saw and Rita definitely wasn't one of them. I'm basically shocked.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Rita, I was kind of pissed they killed her off but it was a pretty ******* sweet twist.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, that was a dark turn, even for Dexter. I'm still trying to come to grips with it.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that I dont think will be an issue next season is the kids. I highly, highly doubt we see a whole lot of Astor or Cody from now on. Dexter had been there step dad for all of a couple months. They made a point to show in this episode that both of their biological grandparents are alive. They will probably end up with custody, mostly removing those two characters.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the family dynamic that he has to deal with personally.

Last edited by vidae : 12-14-2009 at 03:44 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

I liked it myself, but I dont think its a necessity. He is going to have a load of stuff to deal with next season, including still his baby.

I just hope they don't decide to try and sweep all the legal suspicion/trouble he should be in under the rug. That is really the only way i can see season 5 being bad.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Peefs View Post
I just hope they don't decide to try and sweep all the legal suspicion/trouble he should be in under the rug. That is really the only way i can see season 5 being bad.
I dont know if you have noticed but he gets out of everything. No matter how ****** a situation gets, he either figures it out or luck turns his way.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Amazing season overall but really awesome season finale. I NEVER saw that ending coming. I kept thinking about what could happen and never did I think Rita would be dead at the end of the episode. Just amazing. John Lithgow was brilliant in his role as Trinity. Perfect casting.

I've read all the books so there are a few ways I could see them taking the next season, but I won't spoil that for anyone who wants to read the books.

Only click this spoiler if you want something from the books revealed, otherwise just skip it:

Trust me though, there are a lot of possibilities. They have some great material to work with.
For the people who read his book spoiler...

Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I dont know if you have noticed but he gets out of everything. No matter how ****** a situation gets, he either figures it out or luck turns his way.
Which is fine, I want to see him figure that out. What I don't want is for the next season to start and that whole situation just, for the most part, not be there. Like he resolved everything between seasons when we werent watching. You know the whole '1 year later' thing. That would be overtly disappointing.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow. What a finale. As I was watching it, I couldnt help but think as Trinity drove away in the Mustang, he was going to meet Rita, either to kill her or for other reasons (ie. They already knew each other in some way or another). This was not an ending I saw coming, but I assumed it would have to do with Rita.

Not really sure where the series will go from here. I can honestly say I am not a fan of the books, and Ive stated on numerous occasions that if you put the character of Dexter in a more talented writer's hands (Lindsay, the original author, leaves alot to be desired), you could have had some extremely compelling novels. That said, I do think that sometime in the near future, there is going to be someone who finds out what Dexter is and doesnt die in the end.

I agree about Aster and Cody, I dont know how much involvement they will have in the series future, but Harrison will definitely be there. I think Dexter calls the police and deals with alot of suspicion, particularly from Quinn, as to why Trinity broke the cycle, and especially pertaining to Rita.

By the way, dick move by Trinity. Couldnt he of just died? I really liked Rita haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Rita, but mostly cause she wasn't some dumb annoying **** like that British ***** that torched Doakes, I forget her name, and I'm glad. Please don't bring any ****** up annoying ass girlfriends into the show :|
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I really hope they dont just replace Rita with another female character similar to what happens on alot of series. I think this is one of the few occasions where a male lead doesnt need a strong female counterpart to play off...Hall is more then capable of carrying the show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how much of Dexter's social life is going to change from this point on. As Harry said at some point in the season, Dexter started to date Rita as a social cover, and now that she's gone, he no longer has that to fall back on when giving an excuse as to his whereabouts.

You also have to wonder about how much Dexter will actually mourn Rita. We know he loved her, but showing emotion isn't exactly his strong suit, and if somebody like Quinn or Deb sees this, either a faked mourning or a lack thereof, questions could be raised. The more I think about it the better it probably was for the show, the death of Rita that is, but I was just starting to actually like her presence, so we'll see what happens...

Hitman D

Old 12-14-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was pretty much expecting anything to happen... except for that. So ridiculous.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I was pretty much expecting anything to happen... except for that. So ridiculous.
I think that was my mindset going into that episode too. I knew there would be something insane and huge at the end and I prepared myself for whatever it was, but that ending blew me away. I never expected that. I never even considered it when I was thinking of shocker ending possibilities.

It really is a waste, too. I thought Rita was insanely hot.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent watched a single episode of Dexter but my girlfriend is into it and said she cried a little at the end.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna watch next season right now.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the FBI took over the case so Dexter could probably get away with the Kyle Butler stuff pretty easily. And I seriously doubt that Dexter will cover up what Arthur did to Rita and that whole thing can kind of be explained away because of Deb's connection and all.

Lithgow and Michael C. Hall talked after the episode in a little interview (Michael's hair right now just looks dreadful) and Lithgow made a crack at how he wouldn't want to have to write next season after the whole Rita ordeal. It's up on the Showtime website if anyone wants to watch it, as it is pretty interesting (minus the horrible shaved hairstyle Michael has).

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't read anything in here yet, but I just started watching Dexter over break and am currently through the first 2 seasons. Probably the best show I've ever watched. (I don't watch too many TV shows). But yeah, it's awesome, and I hope this thread will stick around by the time I catch up to you guys.

How is season 3 and 4 compared to the first 2? I thought Season 2 was better than 1.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
I didn't read anything in here yet, but I just started watching Dexter over break and am currently through the first 2 seasons. Probably the best show I've ever watched. (I don't watch too many TV shows). But yeah, it's awesome, and I hope this thread will stick around by the time I catch up to you guys.

How is season 3 and 4 compared to the first 2? I thought Season 2 was better than 1.
Really? I've always thought season 1 was the best, despite the greatness that season four has been. Something like,

1 > 4 > 2 > 3

But yeah, season three is still good, but it doesn't have that same feeling as the others when it comes to suspense and what not.

Hitman D