College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who Would Win?
#8 Ohio State Buckeyes 14 36.84%
#11 Virginia Tech Hokies 24 63.16%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SWDC Playoffs: Round One - #8 Ohio State vs. #11 Virginia Tech

This is the first game being played in the Bear Bryant Division.

In this match-up Big 10 Champion, the Ohio State Buckeyes, will face off against Frank Beamer's Virginia Tech Hokies. The game will be played at The Horesehoe in Columbus, Ohio.

Who would win?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:33 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State 17, Virginia Tech 24 (OT)
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I originally thought Virginia Tech but Ohio State getting home field advantage made me reconsider. I think both teams are very closely matched, but Ohio State gets the slight edge playing at home. Ohio State - 17, Virginia Tech - 16.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just an FYI, I'll be a homer through this, haha. I think it would be a great game, but I do feel like the Buckeyes at home have the edge here. This team has improved a lot in all facets since their loss against Purdue, and I'd like our chances. Next round, maybe not, lol.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a homer...all I have to say.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm an obvious homer..:)

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ew... i voted for aOSU
Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:12 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I too think OSU would have this game in a close one with homefield being the deciding factor.

This poll doesn't close until sometime tomorrow so I'm going to leave it open and see what's up.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-10-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Went with VT, I don't know why. Tough game to pick, I guess I like VT's running game more. Plus I have only seen OSU play like 3 times this year and they looked like crap all 3.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyCHRIST View Post
Went with VT, I don't know why. Tough game to pick, I guess I like VT's running game more. Plus I have only seen OSU play like 3 times this year and they looked like crap all 3.
Their defense has played well every single time I've seen them and I am admittedly not really a fan of the Big 10. The only team I can remotely root for is Penn State, which is one of my favorite schools in the BCS. However, Ohio State's offense has started to mesh well and I think they would pull out a close one like I said before.

But, if the voting for VT, remains, then we will have our first upset and we would possibly have a rematch of Alabama vs. VTech is Alabama beats West Virginia in the voting.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

VT doesn't have the offense to beat Ohio State. Teams like Oregon or even Boise St do....but you're not going to beat this OSU defense with a standard run game.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Ohio State defense is really good. I'd trust them to beat VT at home.

And by the results of the poll, its clear people simply don't like OSU.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or they are just sick of watching Ohio State constantly lose to ranked opponents in out of conference games. They've lost five straight games to ranked non-Big Ten opponents. I think the Buckeyes would pull this out, but I can totally understand why a lot of people would pick against them.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they were USC twice, #2 Texas barely, and then Florida and LSU (national champs). Man we really suck.
Old 12-11-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

And this year's Virginia Tech team is better than this year's USC team. Again, I voted for Ohio State but I'm playing devil's advocate.
Old 12-11-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I'm really surprised at the results of the poll.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
And this year's Virginia Tech team is better than this year's USC team. Again, I voted for Ohio State but I'm playing devil's advocate.
so is this year's iowa, penn state teams.
Old 12-11-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

We have our first upset as #11 Virginia Tech knocks off #8 Ohio State and sets up a rematch with #1 overall Alabama.

Final
Virginia Tech 17
Ohio State 16

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will now cry.

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
I will now cry.
I don't blame you. Irl, I think Ohio State is the stronger and better team overall and would think they would win this game, especially when considering that they are playing at home.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-11-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I thought we'd at least make it to Bama! Haha

Follow Me on Twitter!
Old 12-11-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm loving these playoffs. What's the next game?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Hokies! :). Yeah I don't really think we could go into the Shoe and come out with a win. But hey that's football for you.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Or they are just sick of watching Ohio State constantly lose to ranked opponents in out of conference games. They've lost five straight games to ranked non-Big Ten opponents. I think the Buckeyes would pull this out, but I can totally understand why a lot of people would pick against them.
If that's how people voted, then the intelligence of the board members is in question. How that has anything to do with how these teams would do head to head is beyond me.

But hey....that's good news for the real team. They've never lost to Oregon, so using this ******** logic (not yours, I know), Ohio State will win easily.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote