College Football Discuss College Football

View Poll Results: Who Would Win?
#2 Texas Longhorns 13 40.63%
#7 Oregon Ducks 19 59.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default SWDC Playoffs: Round Two - #2 Texas vs. #7 Oregon

This is the final game in the Tom Osborne Division and it's a great one. Big 12 winner, the Texas Longhorns, will face off against the winner of the Pac 10, the Oregon Ducks.

In round one, Texas hosted the Miami (FL) Hurricanes, the fifteenth seed, and beat them by a score of 34-20. Oregon played fourteenth seed BYU Cougars and won by a score of 38-35.

Unlike last time when both teams hosted first round games in their own stadium, this game will take place in a neutral location.

The game will be played in Pasadena, CA in the Rose Bowl.

Who would win?

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-14-2009 at 11:58 AM.
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm biased.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm biased.
I thought you were a Texas fan?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by diabsoule : 12-14-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly I think Oregon has too much offense for Texas to contain. And that their D can contain UT's well enough to win.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Oregon in this one.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Texas 45, Oregon 42.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

I marginally like Texas in this one but it's real close. I know they didn't look so hot in the Big 12 title game but I think that has a lot to do with Nebraska's defense than anything. Texas just didn't have an answer for Ndamukong Suh and Oregon has no one like that on their DL.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-14-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really like this year's Oregon team. Both of Oregon's losses this year have come on the road and against teams with strong running games. The Ducks' offense is unstoppable when it's rolling on all cylinders and I think their defense is good enough to limit the damage done to them. I have a feeling this would be a great game, but I don't think this is a good match up for Texas. Oregon - 41, Texas - 31.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** it.. Oregon got this. Masoli is a freakin linebacker with an throwing arm

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Texas, I do. But I have a feeling that Oregon right now, in California would pull out a close victory.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as Texas's D has been, they haven't really been challenged by a great offense, especially a great running game. I think the Ducks would win in a high-scoring shootout.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
As good as Texas's D has been, they haven't really been challenged by a great offense, especially a great running game. I think the Ducks would win in a high-scoring shootout.
Yeah definitely. I think Oregon's run game puts them over the top.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Yeah definitely. I think Oregon's run game puts them over the top.
The Masouli, LaMichael, Blount backfield is unstoppable.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I thought you were a Texas fan?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh. I voted Oregon on instinct but I want to switch my vote to Texas. I think they contain that offense well and make Masoli throw it. McCoy gets it done. 24-16 Texas.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Ugh. I voted Oregon on instinct but I want to switch my vote to Texas. I think they contain that offense well and make Masoli throw it. McCoy gets it done. 24-16 Texas.
It will be considered when voting closes.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 12-14-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a joke, right? Texas would ******* kill Oregon. A great defense beats a great offense. Texas is ranked 8th nationally in scoring defense, 1st in rush defense, 23rd in pass defense, 1st in interceptions, tied for 12th in forced fumbles, 1st in tackles for loss and 4th in sacks.

Everyone's jizzing themselves over Oregon's rush offense. I'll take the No. 1-ranked rush D over the No. 6-ranked rush O, and oh yeah, that guy that finished 3rd in the Heisman voting and is the all-time winningest QB.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

After simming the game several times on Whatifsports.com, I had to come up with a score on my own since that website kept having Texas win.

And we have our first major upset.

Final
Oregon 23
Texas 21

Oregon will face the winner of Cincinnati and Boise State.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter