Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 12-13-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In theory I suppose it could happen, but it's gonna take a lot more than one season to be respectable.

Even if Cutler's struggles in Chicago continue, Green Bay and Minny look set to absolutely dominate us for seasons to come, with us standing a slight chance against Chicago but like I said, that's only if they fail to fix that line and if cutler fails to get back to his old self.

Lions need to build, but what else is new?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
To be frank, I think it will take 2 more drafts to get us into .500 territory, one more draft simply isn't enough IMO. We just have too many holes to fill thanks to Millen, before we can begin to move in a very positive direction. I'df say 4 to 6 wins next year with 8 wins the following year if we draft well.
The guy is just being way too optomistic. Not always but generally young QB's break out in their 3rd year and begin to reach their full potential.
I agree with Frank.

8-8 is super optimistic. Stafford needs a new line. He also needs to learn how to do things well once he gets time. Right now it feels like he is playing on instincts 1/2 the time as the pocket crumbles around him. We also need to ensure that once he gets protection he makes the right reads consistently.

We need to establish a consistent run game.

We need to stop the run.

By the time all this is in line we'll need a new kicker. Seems like a small detail, but we haven't had to worry about that detail in the past 20 years. Other teams sweat that detail on a week to week basis and hope their guy doesn't wilt under pressure.

So ...yeah... 6-10 is a nice target. After the Baltimore game I am seeing a low bar set for next year. Maybe if some great things happen and some people on the team take 12 steps forward in progression we can get to .500 but not likely even if we do somehow draft Suh.

BTW, is there anyway we draft ahead of Cleveland if we finish with the same record? Or do they have the tiebreaker for losing to us? Cuz I could really see St Louis going QB if someone like Clausen rises with a good workout. Cleveland would probably draft Suh.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 04:10 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkiliSmith View Post
He broke it off in her
Oh SNAP!
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote