Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:49 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kerney to the Seahawks

'HAWKS CATCH KERNEY

"Adam Schefter of the NFL Network and Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com report that the Seattle Seahawks have signed defensive end Patrick Kerney to a six-year, $39.5 million contract.

The deal includes a whopping $19.5 million in guaranteed money. The average value is $6.58 million per year.

Kerney was courted by the Broncos before visiting the Seahawks. He voided the remainder of his deal with the Falcons after the deadline for using the franchise tag had passed.

Glazer writes that former Falcons coach Jim Mora, who is now on the Seahawks' staff, was among the contingent that flew from Seattle to Atlanta to get the deal done."

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:51 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

congrats seahawk fans.

It seems like the good teams take care of the OL and DL.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't really understand this. Why do the Seahawks want to keep Tapp off the field even more? Not too steep a price for this year either... especially considering that he will probably never see all that money, I doubt he even plays another six years.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:55 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't understand why we would give hi so much damn guaranteed money. Terrible IMO, he isn't that good anymore.
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kerney and Winstrom are easily the most over-paid set of ends in the NFL.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

sorry ment to erase this post.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still think it is a good signing, kerney can still play
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

f***. Now we're screwed for next season on the DL
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, the $ given out so far is crazy
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:00 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Kerney will fit in very well with that defense. I like the persona that Seattle is building a defense with....Tatupu, Peterson, Winstrom, Kerney....all guys who hard hard working, team oriented, fiesty playmakers that get the most out of their bodies.

I did cringe when I say the guaranteed money, how old is he??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Kerney will fit in very well with that defense. I like the persona that Seattle is building a defense with....Tatupu, Peterson, Winstrom, Kerney....all guys who hard hard working, team oriented, fiesty playmakers that get the most out of their bodies.

I did cringe when I say the guaranteed money, how old is he??
30 years old I believe.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy View Post
f***. Now we're screwed for next season on the DL
We still have El Drafto. Since we got Henry, we won't be looking for Lynch. We might try to trade up for a guy like Okoye, Carriker or Branch. Or we can probably stay put and nab DE in round 1 and DT in round 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:07 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tapp will hardly be kept off the field. Kerney should be playing as LE, while Tapp would be RE. He just has to manage to beat out Wistrom in camp, which shouldn't be a problem.

The guaranteed money does seem a bit steep, but in reality, we have quite a bit of money, and considering we won't be trading him, this'll be alright. Though Reinfeldt is gone, I'm positive they still have some good stipulations set into this contract, so it should be fine. I think it's a solid signing, and I'm glad they're at least bringing people in, regardless of age.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post

I did cringe when I saw the guaranteed money, how old is he??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
30 years old I believe.
Which is why he wasn't pursued by the team, if he wanted to be in Atlanta he would've taken their standing offer. I'm glad he cashed in for his sake, but I am glad it wasn't with the Falcons. That is; that the team didn't overpay to retain him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Tubby
Pro Bowler

Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.Tubby is a cocksman.

I was hoping the hawks wouldnt buy into this splurging trend, and I have to say that we could've done better. We now have three aging DL and one future starter.

Sig by rainbeaukid2
Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Everyone pwns the Rams.
Tubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubby View Post
I was hoping the hawks wouldnt buy into this splurging trend, and I have to say that we could've done better. We now have three aging DL and one future starter.
I wouldn't worry if I were you. You guys have the right idea on how to build a team the right way. The guys you have making decisions are doing a solid job for the most part.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 10:36 PM    (permalink
49erfaithful
Veteran

49erfaithful hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
30 years old I believe.
they will get a couple good years out of him
49erfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Icon

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good signing, albeit not making a lot of sense.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 11:40 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice to see Seattle continue to overpay for defensive ends.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 AM    (permalink
TheChampIsHere
Veteran

TheChampIsHere hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Ummm does this remind anyone of the Grant Wistrom signing? Big contract to a player whose best years may very well be behind and is dealing with injury problems. If Kerneys injury problems persist like Wistrom's did the Seahawks will really be regretting this. youd think they woulda learned their lesson.
TheChampIsHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erfaithful View Post
they will get a couple good years out of him
That's exactly the problem - a couple of good years, at $20 mill guaranteed, is not appealing however you look at it.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:50 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Solid signing by the C-Hawks imo.

Still targeting Guard in FA? Any news of who the targets might be?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:29 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted him on St. Louis until we got James Hall, now I'm glad I didn't want him with that contract.

Way overpaid.

The Chief.
Eric Church - Smoke A Little Smoke
http://youtu.be/XxWjtWONuGc
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote