Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 11-27-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Davis LT comes out, where does he go??
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
If Davis LT comes out, where does he go??
Top 25. I think his combine might boost him up to maybe Top 15 though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im loving this Sanu wildcat package.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Im loving this Sanu wildcat package.
I like it but it takes away from Savage throwing the ball and developing for the future.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-27-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yea Savage throwing the ball, what? 5 times? in the 2nd half is unacceptable.

And Davis this year will be top 20, but with an expected great combine from RU fans, he could be top 10. He should probably stay for a better year next year
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Davis is not doing as well this year as I thought but he still has amazing potential.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-29-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I projected some of our prospects and wrote a little about them. Just want to get some opinions on what you guys think.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...99#post1899999

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-20-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mohammed Sanu is a beast.

With him and Savage, the future is looking bright.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Mohammed Sanu is a beast.

With him and Savage, the future is looking bright.
There are so many talented freshmen on this team it's ridiculous. You also have Harrison and Beauharnais who look to be solid as well. We also redshirted a ton of guys that were 4* stars which will add yet another layer next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-20-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RU rah rah RU rah rah Hoo Rah Hoo Rah Rutgers rah! upstream redteam redteam upstream Rah Rah Rutgers Rah!
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Great ending to a pretty good season. Im looking foward to next year. Savage to Sanu is gong to be deadly. We have a lot of young studs on defense.

Does anybody think we can compete with Cincy next year and possibly win the Big East?

Sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-20-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
Great ending to a pretty good season. Im looking foward to next year. Savage to Sanu is gong to be deadly. We have a lot of young studs on defense.

Does anybody think we can compete with Cincy next year and possibly win the Big East?
absolutely 100%.

We're losing:
Offense:
FB Jack Corcoran- It's a shame, he's been an excellent FB. We've got some guys waiting in the wings and who knows? Maybe Brooks takes over that role next year
WR Tim Brown- kills us. He's our big time playmaker and leader. Huge blow, but now Harrison and Wright along with Graves and Jefferson need to step up in the passing game with Sanu.
LT Anthony Davis- Hard to replace a top 10 pick, but we have consistantly sent OL to the NFL and not misses a beat. We're slowly becoming an OL powerhouse and we've got young guns in the wings.
C R-Blaz- Leader of the OL, senior leadership. Could end up being a Shaun O'Hara: UDFA, smart, not the most physical guy. The most important thing to replace is OL leadership and comfort and repitition with Savage.
RT Kevin Haslaam- Ok, our OL is taking some hits. It's up to our young guys in the wings to step up and fill in nicely next year. I think we'll be ok though.

Defense:
DE George Johnson- He's been a FREAK this year. I love the dude and he's a great motivator, but this will give Jonathan Freeny more snaps and he is a guy to look out for. My sleeper next year for breakout player.
LB Damaso Munoz- We lose one of our best named players and hardest hitters. Playmaker, but replaced but Beuaharnis or Manny Abreu, which eases the loss.
LB Ryan D'Imperio- would've been a stud without the leg injury, which blows. Smart player, but tailed off this year. Again, he'll be missed, but the LB corps of Beauharnis-Lowery-Abreu should be just fine.
S Zaire Kitchen- Good playmaker and ST POTY last season. He'll be missed, but I'm excited to see Khasim Greene out there. I'm in love with him.
CB Devin McCourty- :( He'll be missed BIG time in every aspect. Hopefully Rowe and Givens can step up big time next year. That'll be the most interesting thing.

Our OL and secondary are taking the hits with this senior class leaving, so we'll see what happens.
Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Our O-Line should be some combination of Forst, Ruch, Stapleton, Barbieri and who else? Also I heard we're moving Witherspoon to DE which should be a good fit for him. We'll probably have Ryan and Givens in the secondary as well next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-20-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Our O-Line should be some combination of Forst, Ruch, Stapleton, Barbieri and who else? Also I heard we're moving Witherspoon to DE which should be a good fit for him. We'll probably have Ryan and Givens in the secondary as well next year.
my guess would be Muldrow.
I'm hoping Matthew Hardison from my town Freehold gets a shot, but who know.
Also, I forgot to mention Bing in the secondary too.
With Ryan, Givens, Bing, and Rowe, we've got some raw CB talent
Quote:
Old 12-20-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

We'll also have Vallone and LeGrand at DT with Lowery and Holmes waiting in the wings. I'm guessing Abreu, Beauharnais, and LOwery will be at LB also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-08-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Tom Savage and Scott Vallone were named Freshmen All Americans. Rutgers and Oregon were the only 2 schools with more than one player on the list.
and thats without Sanu too dammit!
Quote:
Old 02-02-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!
Quote:
Old 02-02-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
let's talk more Rutgers! Zak, tell me more about this recruit! I'm not up on my recruiting! Gimme good info to read when I get back from Brower!
4* recruit from Florida. He's a CB/S but it looks like we told him he'll play CB for us. He picked us over Michigan but he had offers from all the big schools. He was also 1st Team All Florida in HS. Sounds like a good hard working player. Also the highest ranked recruit we ever got from Florida. The best part I saved for last. His name is Rashad KNIGHT.

The class started off terrible but within the last week we're really getting better. It's going to end up being not rated as high as last year but we're really getting some good players recently. The two players left that are interested in us that would be big gets are Jeremy Deering and Brandon Coleman. They both have us down in their final 2 with Florida State(Deering) and Maryland(Coleman. If we get those two we did a really good job.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 02-02-2010 at 12:07 PM.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Holy crap!!! The WR Coleman I was just talking about committed to us also. Said he has a good relationship with Schiano and Savage. What a great 3 hours for Rutgers football recruiting.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Wow I just got back from work and we got Deering also!!! This is the best day in Rutgers recruiting ever.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2010, 09:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

WOOO Rutgers is reelin' 'em in. It's looking good for me here! Especially since I plan on going to grad school so I'll see this kid play a ton!
Quote:
Old 02-02-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
We have a really deep class coming in. It doesn't have that one big name like Anthony Davis, but there are a lot of really good athletes coming in on both sides of the ball. There are a few smaller name guys that may be steals. One guy I'm going to keep an eye on is Taj Alexander, a big guy who didn't get many offers but has some nice tools. Also not a small name exactly, but Chris Fonti looks like he might be a good one after a year of redshirting.
Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-02-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not as good as last year but with today this is an amazing class. I think Mera is really flying under the radar and he might be a big player from this class.

It looks like we told Deering he'll play WR which is very interesting. We're actually reall stacked there now after today. We might see more of a Wildcat with Sanu which I don't like even though it was successful. It's more because I think Savage is a star in the making and he needs as many reps as possible.
THe thing with Mera is that I'm not sure what kind of frame he has to put on weight. He is a defensive lineman who played at 240, however, I know that he is down to 215 now for wrestling. The fact that he can get down that far for wrestling may mean his frame can't hold enough weight to cut it as a big time defensive lineman. However, if he can, being a wrestler should really help him with leverage and such.