Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

Old 12-13-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At this point, how would you grade the '09 draft?

Maybin - C
Wood - Incomplete
Byrd - A+
Levitre - B+
Nelson - B
Harris - B-
Harris - D
Lankster - A+

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fisch, IMO, you're being far too leniant on Maybin.
He's done jack-squat thus far.
I think he should be in the D, D- range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybin - D
==Hasnt been able to see the field much. Has 11 tackles. Orakpo has 11 sacks

Wood - C
==drastically overrated by the bills fans. Hes gonna be a good player, but he had some terrible games

Byrd - A+
===9 ints... nuff said

Levitre - B+
=== best player on our oline. doesnt say much

Nelson - B
=== shown flashes.

Harris - F-
Harris - F
Lankster - F
None of these guys see the field. IIRC, Cary Harris is on the PS. Lankaster hasnt been active. Nic Harris has been a huge disapointment
Old 12-14-2009, 01:21 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rectify that Sexgrade asap. He does special teams, and will more than likely break Jairus Byrd's interception records over the next 3 weeks.

F is too harsh on Nic Harris, also. 5th round project linebacker, what are you expecting?

Wood was still kind of a mauler out there. Not amazing, but good.

And Brad Butler is the best player on our line. But I'd understand if you just weren't counting him this year.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Rectify that Sexgrade asap. He does special teams, and will more than likely break Jairus Byrd's interception records over the next 3 weeks.
F is too harsh on Nic Harris, also. 5th round project linebacker, what are you expecting?
Wood was still kind of a mauler out there. Not amazing, but good.
And Brad Butler is the best player on our line. But I'd understand if you just weren't counting him this year.
unlike most bills fan.. im not a big Lankaster fan...

Nic Harris couldnt touch the field over AShlee Palmer, when Kiwi got hurt, ellison out, buggs out...

I did not count butler b/c he got injured so early in the season
Old 12-14-2009, 03:30 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't Nic Harris start today above Palmer (who had an absolutely sick tackle on special teams) ?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

It's understandable to be pissed when making the Orakpo - Maybin comparisons right now but im in full agreement with SK when he says Orakpo wouldn't be fairing much better than Maybin if we would have drafted him instead. We simply don't need a rookie pass rusher as much right now.

If we could go back, knowing that our pass rush would be improved(ie Schobel being healthy for a season), we should have taken Cushing or Oher with our top pick. But the decision the FO made was based off the idea that we needed a 3rd down pass rusher. Furthermore a pass rusher for the future...

Which leads me to one more point. Maybin is still 21 years old right now, almost a full two years younger than Orakpo. It was almost consensus that Maybin should have stayed another year at Penn st, but because of potential he was given a first round grade. Maybin's potential to grow into a double digit sack artist in the teams future is definitely there, that is another reason why we drafted him.

So this season I will agree, he is nothing, but there is no reason to assume that Orakpo's production in Washington would have translated to production in Buffalo.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
unlike most bills fan.. im not a big Lankaster fan..
This may be grounds for banishment, must we break out the Sex Rules?

Old 12-14-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Poz51
Pro Bowler

Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Poz51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Orakpo is not a converted safety, so there's just no way that would happen.
Lol, definetly not worth the 11th pick in the draft either... Have you turned in your GM application, I hear Brandon is accepting applications from the general public....
Poz51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

look at my sweet new sig!
I couldn't find a good pic of him in a Bills jersey (Prob. cuz he sucks)
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
look at my sweet new sig!
I couldn't find a good pic of him in a Bills jersey (Prob. cuz he sucks)
Sure he's done jack but I think it's too early for the bust label

Old 12-16-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/aro...to-on-waivers/

Quote:
Offensive guard Richie Incognito has a new home. Released by the St. Louis Rams on Tuesday, Incognito was claimed by the Buffalo Bills on Wednesday. The Miami Dolphins also put in a claim, but since Buffalo has a worse record _ 5-8 to Miamiís 7-6 _ the Bills were awarded Incognito.
Good luck with him. He has a hell of a lt of talent, just will drive you crazy with his boneheaded penalties that absolutely kill drives.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/players...?playerId=8495

Quote:
2009 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 64 | Tied for 64th best OG

Comment: He's an adequate athlete with good size and strength. He plays aggressive and will sell out to obtain results. As a run-blocker, he shows good initial quickness and pad level. He has some initial pop on contact and will bring his feet to create movement as an inline blocker. He is strong on combo blocks providing good mesh and leg drive at the point. He is inconsistent working off of combo blocks to secure in space. He struggles to adjust and gets overextended. He has limited body control in space. He reacts well to penetration and can slide laterally. He pushes defenders wide, creating big seams. When asked to make short pulls, he struggles to adjust in the hole. In pass protection, he lacks the foot quickness and will waist bend. He is quick to set and use a wide base. He can anchor with inline power, but is not real quick-footed to mirror. He will throw a physical punch, but gets overextended at times. He struggles versus quick change-of-direction rushers and tends to be beaten by good spin moves. He also lacks range and adjustment skills in space on screens.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/aro...to-on-waivers/

Good luck with him. He has a hell of a lt of talent, just will drive you crazy with his boneheaded penalties that absolutely kill drives.
Sounds like he will fit right in ;)
Old 12-17-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

btw, BufFan is just asking for me to exploit my powers with this anti-sex talk. From now on any anti-sex posts will be deleted, you have been warned.
Old 12-20-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't recognize more than half of the names on our OL depth chart
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Oh Fitzy........

Old 12-20-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

we'd be winning if it wasnt for the refs
Old 12-20-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I don't recognize more than half of the names on our OL depth chart
Seriously. I was thinking "when did we get this guy?" when he checked in. Sure enough, he blew Freddy's touchdown.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

im gonna go through the roster and list players who need to be cut/released

Kirk Chambers
Jon Corto
Trent Edwards
Chris Ellis
Christian Gaddis
Justin Jenkins
Jamon Meredith
Andre Ramsey--who?
Josh Reed
Johnathen Scott
Ashton Youboty

could make a case for Ryan Denny, Chris Kelsay
not including some guys on IR
Old 12-20-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Josh Reed as a 4th WR. He's really the only guy I feel confident with going over the middle.

Denney provides solid value as a DE on rushing downs while Kelsay has become a servicable starter at DE
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I like Josh Reed as a 4th WR. He's really the only guy I feel confident with going over the middle.

Denney provides solid value as a DE on rushing downs while Kelsay has become a servicable starter at DE
did u feel confident when he dropped that 4th down pass...
players like Denney and Reed we need to move on from. They are career losers, and we need to change the culture in Buffalo. These players accept mediocracy.
Old 12-20-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

Can someone with Twitter text Maybin and tell him thanks for nothing you piece of ****, and tell him to reitre.
Old 12-20-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Can someone with Twitter text Maybin and tell him thanks for nothing you piece of ****, and tell him to reitre.
im sure hes gonna laugh at that cuz hes making millions, while u sit there at your computer, angry
Old 12-20-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

"DonteWhitner: In my post game interviews I was not saying I want to leave buffalo....I wanna stay here forever!"

son of a betch, we want you to leave.