Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 12-21-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't get what Crosby's problem is. He's got the leg, he's young, and he led the league in points his rookie year.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crosby ****ing blows and I cant wait until he ****ing blows one in the playoffs! His miss yesterday was the difference between winning and losing even if it wasn't a last second kick. I know its cold out now but I haven't seen the power on kickoffs much this year either. Its not like a new kicker could be a whole lot worse considering Crosby has missed a kick inside 40 yards the last 4 weeks. How I wish we had Nate Kadeing whats his streak? He has made like 65 straight inside 40 yards and Crosby barley makes extra points.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
PackerLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I don't get what Crosby's problem is. He's got the leg, he's young, and he led the league in points his rookie year.
It's gotta be psychological. At least, I can't find any other reason for him to be missing so much.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
It's gotta be psychological. At least, I can't find any other reason for him to be missing so much.
If he's cracking now think how bad he'll be under the pressure of being on the road in the playoffs.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Twiddler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
If he's cracking now think how bad he'll be under the pressure of being on the road in the playoffs.
Very true, but I think if he can just finish the year off by not blowing a HUGE opportunity (big if there), then maybe he can pull his **** together in the off-season. Much like how Vince Young pulled it together after last year, except for a kicker, ha.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Crosby has sucked all season, but to be fair, it's hard to kick at Heinz.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I know Crosby has sucked all season, but to be fair, it's hard to kick at Heinz.
Esspecially to the open end. Max field goal ever at Heinz field is 50 yards, shortest in the league.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockJock07 View Post
MM, in his monday press conference, says that Mason Crosby is his kicker. I've heard of standing by your guy but come on. Mark my words, if the packers are the situation where they need a GW FG at the end of the game in the playoffs and Mason misses, MM should lose his job for being stupid.
"I would just like to announce Mason Crosby is my kicker, Jarret Bush is my corner, and Donald Lee is my tight end...Oh and we just extended all 3 of their contracts for multi-million dollars per season."

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:36 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PackerLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
"I would just like to announce Mason Crosby is my kicker, Jarret Bush is my corner, and Donald Lee is my tight end...Oh and we just extended all 3 of their contracts for multi-million dollars per season."
Donald Lee drops alot of passes now for some reason but he is not close to Bush/Crosby bad. J-Mic is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better tho.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerLegend View Post
Donald Lee drops alot of passes now for some reason but he is not close to Bush/Crosby bad. J-Mic is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better tho.
Donald Lee is crap, he can't block and he can't catch, we'll find somebody else in the offseason.

Hitman D

Old 12-21-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Crosby ****ing blows and I cant wait until he ****ing blows one in the playoffs!
Uh... Why would you wanta player on your team to fail? I don't get it.

As for Donald Lee, he hasn't played well this season but that ball did hit the defenders helmet making it a real tough catch on the run.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

As for Donald Lee, he hasn't played well this season but that ball did hit the defenders helmet making it a real tough catch on the run.
I will root for any member of the Packers, but for some reason when Bush makes a terrible play I can't help but feel some sense of vindication...Like yes TT, you were wrong about the guy.

For all I know he could be a great teammate and excellent person. But ahh ehh I don't know. There's gotta be a solution.

As for kickers, they seem to be getting recycled. Washington dropped Suisham, the Cowboys picked him up. The Cowboys dropped Folk, maybe we can swap. ...Or dig one of the Gramatica brothers out of hibernation. Yikes.

Old 12-21-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
PackerLegend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I don't want him to fail because that likely means we lose... My point is I have 0, nada, zippo confidence in him and I feel like he is going to really cost us. I will then point to TT and MM for not dumping his *** already much like Bush. I would be ****ing thrilled if either guy ever became good but neither will. Its like Derrick Frost, pieces of **** just seem to stick around to long.

Sick Sig By BoneKrusher
Old 12-21-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Grab PacMan from Canada or wherever it is he's making it rain at the moment. Even he couldn't be worse could he?

Old 12-22-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

Quote:
I don't want him to fail because that likely means we lose... My point is I have 0, nada, zippo confidence in him and I feel like he is going to really cost us. I will then point to TT and MM for not dumping his *** already much like Bush. I would be ****ing thrilled if either guy ever became good but neither will. Its like Derrick Frost, pieces of **** just seem to stick around to long.
So who would you bring in for kicker at this point in the year? I don't think it would get much better, the free agents aren't on a team for a reason.
Old 12-22-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Quote:
DC Dom Capers liked his “rover” defense enough to keep dropping his best outside rusher, ROLB Clay Matthews, and rushing only three on the final five snaps. Jenkins got to the quarterback twice, including a sack offset by a flagrant hold on Bell, but he wasn’t even on the field for that final play.

Instead, the three-man rush came from two little-used backups (OLB Brady Poppinga and rookie DL Jarius Wynn) and DL Johnny Jolly, whose late rush appeared to be slowed by C Justin Hartwig’s hold on his jersey. The trio entered the game with one QB sack combined.

Capers has said many times his primary preoccupation with blitzing is opening creases for an opponent's running game. Well, offenses don't get much more one-dimensional than Pittsburgh's was, yet Capers rushed five or more on only 11 of Roethlisberger's 57 dropbacks (19.3 percent) — and none on the final drive.
I don't know what the **** Capers was thinking, but it didn't work, at all. I don't get it, we have a horrible nickel cornerback, our defense plays better when we blitz, and we were playing against one of the best quarterbacks in the game, and yet for whatever reason we hardly blitz at all, and rush three on pretty much every play on the last drive. How do you even begin to explain that...

Hitman D

Old 12-22-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
Twiddler
All-Pro

I know this is going to come off as a thought of a bitter fan, but as the quote about Capers mentioned, that really looked like a pretty big hold by Hartwig for the final play. It would almost seem that Jolly might have been able to disrupt Ben's pass or rhythm if he was given the chance. And I know that holds like this happen all the time and that we've benefited from no-calls in the past, but it just leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiddler View Post
I know this is going to come off as a thought of a bitter fan, but as the quote about Capers mentioned, that really looked like a pretty big hold by Hartwig for the final play. It would almost seem that Jolly might have been able to disrupt Ben's pass or rhythm if he was given the chance. And I know that holds like this happen all the time and that we've benefited from no-calls in the past, but it just leaves a little bit of a bitter taste in my mouth.
Calls go both ways, so I try to stay away from saying this or that shoulda been called...But I completely agree. There were several no calls on blatant holdings.

Add that to the terrible replay reversal on Mathews and a couple fluke plays on that last drive. One damn frustrating loss.

Old 12-22-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

I like Mason Crosby, I wish he wasn't having the misses he was. I think he is a good kicker, but I think it's psychological. I am hoping he can turn it around, but I would understand if the team makes a move if the misses continue. I have had high hopes for Mason as our kicker of the future.

And we need something different than Bush and Bell in the secondary...

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote