Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-09-2006, 10:08 AM    (permalink

What is your favorite Mighty Ducks movie? This pole will finally put to rest all the wars that were fought over which one was the best. Here is a refresher in case you forgot what each one was about.

The Mighty Ducks (1992)

Plot Summary: Gordon Bombay, a hotshot lawyer, is haunted by memories of his childhood, when, as the star player in his champion hockey team, he lost the winning goal in a shootout, thereby losing the game, and the approval of his coach. When the court orders him to coach a peewee hockey team, the worst in the league, Gordon is at first very reluctant. However, he eventually gains the respect of the kids and teaches them how to win, gaining a sponsor on the way and giving the team the name of The Ducks. In the finals, they face Gordon's old team, coached by Gordon's old coach, giving Gordon a chance to face old ghosts.

D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994)

Plot Summary: Gordon Bombay is forced to withdraw from the minor hockey league with a knee injury. Much to his surprise, he is given the job of coach of Team USA Hockey for the Junior Goodwill Games in California. With most of the Ducks and a few new players in tow, he sets forth for LA. All appears to be going well for a while, but the hype of Hollywood starts to get to Gordon, and he is distracted when Iceland, the favourites to win the title, appear on the scene.

D3: The Mighty Ducks (1996)

Plot Summary: In the third episode of this series, the Ducks get scholarships to Eden Hall Academy, a high ranking prep school. But as freshmen, they will have to face the snob varsity team...

My vote goes to the second one because it introduced the one and only Russ Tyler and the knucklepuck.

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

DUCKS FLY TOGETHER
Old 05-09-2006, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Newt

Slapshot is a much better hockey movie.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:13 AM    (permalink
DChess
All-Pro

DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DChess is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D2: The Mighty Ducks (1994)

Plot Summary: Gordon Bombay is forced to withdraw from the minor hockey league with a knee injury. Much to his surprise, he is given the job of coach of Team USA Hockey for the Junior Goodwill Games in California. With most of the Ducks and a few new players in tow, he sets forth for LA. All appears to be going well for a while, but the hype of Hollywood starts to get to Gordon, and he is distracted when Iceland
Def 2, it is so good, especially at the end when they get the old unis bakc its aweosme
DChess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:16 AM    (permalink

D2 should get most of the votes. It has that Jamica team that wears tye dyed jerseys.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:22 AM    (permalink

Where the **** is yodachu? His answer would end the entire discussion about which movie is best.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:29 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the playoffs this year are pretty entertaining :D

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:39 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D2 is the best, its the only one I own of the brilliant trilogy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:42 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Original one......that is the most chilling,occurs in the great state of Minnesota, and the ending We are the Champions, we are the champions, no time for losers cuz we are the champions of the world......
Old 05-09-2006, 10:44 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i said #2 because of the knucklepuck #1 and the bash brothers #2. I know danman personally loves these movies and thinks they are very realistic. I just thought i'd throw that in there.

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:47 AM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoteLynnSwan
i said #2 because of the knucklepuck #1 and the bash brothers #2. I know danman personally loves these movies and thinks they are very realistic. I just thought i'd throw that in there.
I had a feeling danman wanted to be the next Goldberg. He has the body type to become him.
Old 05-09-2006, 10:49 AM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarringtonSucks
Quote:
I had a feeling danman wanted to be the next Goldberg. He has the body type to become him.
ha!!! yea.

I've called him Goldberg before... he doesn't take too kindly to it.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Fred Savage

I like #2 the best although everyone of them was good. Man did I have a crush on Goldberg. I am glad I got over that phase.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:17 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not really a fan.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:24 PM    (permalink
danman253

THEY ALL SUCKED!
Old 05-09-2006, 12:31 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mystery, Alaska was the hockey movie that warmed the cockles of my heart.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 12:32 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ha!!! yea.

I've called him Goldberg before... he doesn't take too kindly to it.
No you have never called me Goldberg.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:33 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
I am much more athletic than that fat piece of ****.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:34 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by danman253
Quote:
Quote:
I am much more athletic than that fat piece of ***********.
then you must be Michael Jordan because Goldberg was a machine!!!

Old 05-09-2006, 12:35 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
then you must be Michael Jordon because Goldberg was a machine!!!
right :roll:
Old 05-09-2006, 01:00 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They all ruled. Some of the better movies. I'll say two by a hair.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 08:11 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
then you must be Michael Jordon because Goldberg was a machine!!!
right :roll:

comeon Goldberg... you know you loved those movies.

Old 05-09-2006, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How can anyone vote for anything but the original?
Old 05-09-2006, 08:15 PM    (permalink

#2, but the first one was not bad either. These are some of the most realistic hockey movies out there, right danman.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
Hamptorf
Rookie

Hamptorf hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I Love the Mighty Ducks movies

All of them are great

If i was to pick which was better i'd say D2 because it was the funniest.

D3 was great too
it was a little more Serious, i teared up the first time i saw it
Old 05-09-2006, 08:19 PM    (permalink
danman253

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtisNo1
#2, but the first one was not bad either. These are some of the most realistic hockey movies out there, right danman.
Yeah, Fulton Reed blasts one so hard it goes through the net. That's realistic :roll: