Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who would you rather have?
Adrian Peterson 55 39.57%
Chris Johnson 84 60.43%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now it has to be Chris Johnson.. Even tho I've been a A.D. fan since his Oklahoma Sophomore season.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
rodgers 4 mvp
Rookie

rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rodgers 4 mvp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I prefer Chris Johnson because he is better out of the back field and dosn't fumble as much
rodgers 4 mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4th and inches with the game on the line...

who would you want?

Peterson gets tough yards i love that in a back. Johnson is a great big play back, and has proven a lot this year, but i still go with AD.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not even going to comment on this absurd poll.

Chris Johnson.

And I'd post something else but it's not MY thread. ;)

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
4th and inches with the game on the line...

who would you want?

Peterson gets tough yards i love that in a back. Johnson is a great big play back, and has proven a lot this year, but i still go with AD.
i lile chris johnson on a 4th and inches sweep with the game on the line more than i like AP but between the tackles its AP but 4th and inches depends what run i go with...id like both
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Rjspartan
Veteran

Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.Rjspartan could make a wolverine purr.

chris johnson went to my high school so chris johnson all the way

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Matt Barkley will be the best QB to be selected in the Top 5 since Peyton Manning.
Rjspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson has proven himself many times this year on short yardage or goal line situations. So, that area isn't as cut-and-dry either.
Old 12-21-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson is surprisingly powerful between the tackles. He really surprised me in a few times I've watched him. What a steal he was with the 24th pick.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Chris Johnson is surprisingly powerful between the tackles. He really surprised me in a few times I've watched him. What a steal he was with the 24th pick.
If he had gone to school in the big 12, pac 10, sec, he probably would have been a top 3 pick.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he had fumble issues and durability issues a lot in college, right?

Probably his two biggest strengths outside of being faster than everyone.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
psupride1131
Rookie

psupride1131 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If both running backs were behind an elite offensive line, perhaps such as the Chiefs line during the Priest Holmes time, I think I'd rather have Chris Johnson.

While both rbs would undoubtedly be lethal, CJ is the better weapon. He would have the ability to rip off 10+ yard carries practically 10 times a game. He would shatter every feasible running back record. Peterson would be a monster too, but CJ would be more monstery. Right now, he is the more talented rb.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson. He's suffering from the wear and tear of a massive season last year. Johnson will probably have to go through the same thing next year. Not that I don't love me some Chris Johnson, but Adrian Peterson is the prototype.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:11 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post

I used to like Ed Reed. :(
That was such bull crap. :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Chris Johnson has proven himself many times this year on short yardage or goal line situations. So, that area isn't as cut-and-dry either.
+1

Specifically, the San Francisco game when he had the TD on 4th and Goal. It was an option play to the left, and VY pitched it to CJ but a defender was right there. Somehow, CJ makes him miss and is able to get to the corner of the endzone and crosses right in front of the pylon.

If the Titans have needed a play, then CJ was the guy to make it.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Size=/=goal line ability.

Look at the Saints HBs and their touchdowns, and then look at the disparity in carries....

That said, I get worried about backs that come out and explode onto the scene unexpectedly and get a ton of carries, because they always seem to regress afterwards when the situation isn't as good... Larry Johnson, Mike turner, Ricky Williams and a bunch of other guys.

Granted that Johnson is a different sort of back than we have seen, I'm still hesitant to take him over Peterson, but he's most certainly been better this year.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This one is tough to pick because they are so different as players, though they have some similarities also.

Peterson is working behind a fair bit weaker OL, especially this year. I think the QB thing is a moot point because the passing side that Favre adds is equal to the running threat that VY poses, imo of course. The OL thing for me is basically the difference in YPC, Johnson gets more of those 5 yards untouched runs and both of them is a legit chance to homerun it if they get that.

I voted CJ because his ball security and receiving skills are better but this is one of those debates that you can't lose with, both are stars

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
islandboy843
Pro Bowler

islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.islandboy843 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I didn't noticed Reed did that to that extent...

islandboy843 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peterson just hasn't been very impressive this year to me as a whole.

He's only had 3 100 yard rushing games, and 2 came against Detroit and Cleveland. I guess I have just been looking for more out of him this year and for the most part he's looked solid, but nothing more. I'm not ranking him off of this year more so then his entire body of work, but it seems like he hasn't been quite the same this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thing with CJ is right now he's getting through holes a lot faster. A lot of the time, when people see a RB getting through the hole and another not making it there, they think it's on the OL. But a guy who can get through the hole faster, like CJ is, makes his OL look better, because he doesn't require them to hold their blocks for as long. AD used to do that, and doesn't have the explosion this year. Which is why I didn't vote in the poll. I wanna see if he comes back next year with that explosion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote