Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
OK i'm in. This 5 bucks is going to be nice.
Apparently you didn't read the ONE rule there was :P

And for froggy, the prize is still in the "maybe" status...

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:04 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post

Yes, and apparently I'm blind as well. It was even bolded for me too.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:06 AM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Bingo! He's one of if not the best coaches of defense in the nation, I'll give him that. However he can't recruit and when he does get highly touted guys (Rondo/Morris) they don't fit the system well. The PPG from Pitino to him however is 8-10 points every year. He also takes on every guy over 7 feet that he can find despite the fact that no one else wants them (Shagari Alleyne (7'3), Lukasz Obrzut (7'1), Jared Carter (7'1)) and none of them are good enough to play for UK.

Jodie Meeks however was a great recruit, he's a solid freshman with amazing speed and he isn't shy about shooting the three (most importantly he's successful at it).
If we don't come out with either Patrick Patterson or Jai Lucas on signing day, we will end up with a pretty bad recruiting class.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:25 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, and apparently I'm blind as well. It was even bolded for me too.
Just sign up again with your name as the bracket.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just sign up again with your name as the bracket.
It won't let me.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
NYmoney
Veteran

NYmoney needs more cowbell.

Quote:
It won't let me.
IN

10 charac.
NYmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:24 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Big East: Pitt, Marquette, Louisville, Georgetown, Syracuse, Villinova, Notre Dame

ACC: UNC, Duke, Boston College, Maryland, Virginia, Virginia Tech

Big East 7-6

Georgia Tech is in.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

Quote:

Well, that's only because you're an ass!

Kidding.

I honestly think we're best off having no prize, and just forum recognition. Or some forum-related prize... I don't think that the $5 will be worth the effort that you'd have to put in.

My two cents.
Old 03-06-2007, 06:10 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still waiting TitleTown, either put on on here or PM it to me.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked View Post
If we don't come out with either Patrick Patterson or Jai Lucas on signing day, we will end up with a pretty bad recruiting class.
Indeed, I think we might get Lucas but I'm thinking Patterson will be a gator.

We'll also end up settling for Steffphon Pettigrew, I watched him play a week or two ago. He's 6'5 and averages 34 points a game for a KY high school team but he did all that as a power forward. He can hit the 3, he's not great at defense and he doesn't look comfortable handling the ball. I don't want him.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Still waiting TitleTown, either put on on here or PM it to me.
Sorry . It's not gonna get done today because i have so much damn homework that i got at the last ******. I'll get it done i promise.

they get smoked.

Old 03-06-2007, 10:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This Butler-Wright St. Game is sweet.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
This Butler-Wright St. Game is sweet.
Horizon league is being represented very well in this one. Both teams should be in the NCAA if Wright St. holds on.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:21 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sorry . It's not gonna get done today because i have so much damn homework that i got at the last ******. I'll get it done i promise.
Well I'm waiting!

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:36 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
Horizon league is being represented very well in this one. Both teams should be in the NCAA if Wright St. holds on.
Yea both teams are now definitely in. Wright stole a bubble teams spot.

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Big East tournament starts in 2 hours I cant wait.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Villanova beats DePaul and now gets to play Georgetown tommorow.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Explicitive removed.:D You guys did not get enough to replace those guys. Scheyer is a good player, as is Henderson but they do not replace Redick, Williams, and Dockery.

Here you go...

Frazier - Paulus: I'd take Frazier all day on this one. Greg is sooo overrated. Chet is our teams heartbeat and pretty much willed our guys to victory against Missouri.

McBride - Nelson: Nelson all day, he's a good player and McBride is struggling.

Randle - Scheyer: Randle all day, All-Big 10 Talent right now, and still isn't healthy. Scheyer will be darn good, but not right now.

Carter - McRoberts: Right now, Carter is playing at an All-Big 10 level, and if you've watched us this season you'd realize that he's been our MVP. I'll take Carter.

Pruitt - ????: Toss up. Pruitt's been a little inconsistent this season and I'll give the Dookies the benefit of the doubt here.

Bench: Illinois > Duke

Brock, Smith, Meacham, Carlwell, and Arnold (used to be Semrau as well) > Duke's Bench.
Alright Sweetness i am assuming that this is the argument you wanted me to rebute, correct? OK well here it is.. I'll try to follow it for the most part. I ask you to keep one thing in mind while you read it. I do not get to see every Illinois game because they have not been nationally televised too much this season. However, I have seen them play enough time to know plenty about them. I guess what I am going to do here is compare the players then do a breakdown of the teams players individually. Keep in mind mine will probably be a little more heavily based on Dukes abilities rather than Illinios downfalls because i have just a little more interest in them..

We'll start in the backcourt.
PG- Many people have doubted Paulus so far to say the least( and i have been there with them, many of times, and even one of he first) , but this kid is honestly really starting to come around. His main point of criticizm has been his turnovers( which are actually down from last season). Greg actually dosen't commit too many turnovers when Duke is able to grind down teams with their nasty half court offense that coach K drills to a perfection. His downfall is most certianly the transition offense. Whenever I see Paulus pushing the rock down the court i get a little nervous because this is his weakness. Paulus usually makes critical mistakes in transition, this could explain some of the reason for his 4:3 assist to turnover ratio. My explanation for Paulus's struggles have been the lack of consistant play down in the paint. Who does he have to dish the rock to? McRoberts? No way, Mcroberts is far far from a true 5 man and after that the only real option is Zebouk who moonwalks more than MJ.( this could explain why his assists are down nearly two a game from last year, I mean who wouldn't be down a little after loosing JJ and Sheldon??) The most encouraging devlepment from Paulus has been his shooting. He is really starting to let it rain( his shooting percentage has gone up from last year from 37% to 46%, this is absolutly great improvment for a sophmore). His three point average over the last 5-7 games has over 50% which is outstanding for a PG. Greg is also improving vastly in his 15-18 foot jumper, that little baseline fader he does is just sweet. One other element that is comming along is his drive. He will never be able to be a exceptional at driving the rock because of his size and inability to slash, but nevertheless he is still comming along nicely in that department as well.Overall his offensive game is comming along nicely. Most fail to realize his leadership, he really keeps the team rolling whith his leadership skills as well. He's the first to the huddle and to the bench. He's really becomming an extension of Coach K out there on the court. Bottem line, this kid will be a good player in his final two years with the offensive weapons Duke is landing in recruiting. After all he did lead the ACC in assits as a freshman which is impressive even if you have #4 on your team.

On too Illinios BC.
Chester Fraizer-

I actually like this guy and his defensive intensity I also really like his team oriented play. He really gets everyone else involved in the game and really is a true point guard. He is the owner of a 50/24 assist to runover ratio which is solid and also averages 4.5 assists per game. I also liked his tansition defense and offense. He really seemed to exicute in tansition fairly well and fill lanes correctly almost every time. He could really work on his shooting some more and improve his shooting percentage, but When I watch this guy play i saw something that caught my eye a LITTLE BIT in his shooting. He has a pretty good feel for shooting you could say, but overall his offensive scoring is one of his downfalls..I realize that your point isn't supposed to be your leading scorer, but the ability of a 1 man to get the rock to the hole is very enderestimated. His scoring is deffiently up from his freshman year and he is showing signs of improvement, but it would be nice if he could help out the Illinios offense a little more because they don't exactly have premire players on the offensive side of the ball in my personel opinion.
Overall I give the edge to Mcdonalds all-american Paulus surprisingly. He makes mistakes for sure, but he contibutes more than one might think. My reason? His offensive production.After all he does lead Frazer by over 4pts per game i believe. I really think the two are fairly equal in the rest of their games( although I give Fraizer the benefit of the doubt when dishing the rock), but Paulus offensive ability is what made me do so...

I'll try and get the rest of the positions done here quickly but it really takes quite some time and I have alot of homework to get done here so it could be awhile. I'll probably do it in this format( player by player) then the bench and the team overall. Let me know what you think.

they get smoked.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

God I hope Illinois loses tomorrow.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Good analysis. By my counter to you choosing Paulus is this...

Chet is a much better defender (All Big 10 Defensive Team) and he is an incredible rebounder for a guard. He's certainly not the scorer that Paulus is but he doesn't need to be. The game of basketball is more than just offensive production, especially for PG's.

Here's my breakdown of the two players:

Shooting: Paulus - Chet needs a bunch of improvement in this area. If Chester can get more consistent, he'll be a good shooter, but he doesn't have a consistent shot yet. But he has greatly improved from last season. Paulus may be inconsistent, but he's a better shooter, no doubt about that.

Driving: Draw - Paulus is a good driver and penetrator, but so is Chet when he's 100%. He's lighting quick off the dribble and very strong inside. He just doesn't do it as much as I'd like him to.

Passing: Frazier - Call me a homer here but Chet makes a lot less mistakes then Paulus does, even though Greg has improved. Chet seems to make the easy play all the time. And keep in mind this is just Chet's first year as a starter. Greg has started for 2 years now. And at one point, Frazier possessed a top 10 assist average in the nation.

Defense: Frazier - This is no contest and I don't think I have to defend this at all.

Rebounding: Frazier - Again, one of the best rebounding guards in the Big 10, and this was on just one foot.

Toughness: Draw - Shocking huh, well Greg has been known to dive into tables before, and Chet is one of the toughest guys in the game. I like how both guys play the game.

Leadership: Frazier - I have yet to see Greg take a leadership role on that team. Everytime I've watched them he doesn't seem to lead his team, which is surprising. Frazier on the other hand is our teams heartbeat. He's one of the leaders and he's one of the guys who goes all out every game for us.

Experience: Paulus - Pretty black and white here. Greg has had 2 years of starting, Chet has had one.

One area that doesn't show up on the stat sheet is Frazier's 2nd chance point opportunities. He gives our team at least 2 or 3 extra opportunities on hustle plays per game.

Chet is a true point guard. He's pass first, shoot second. While Paulus is a hybrid 1. He looks for his shot more than he does for passing, and that IMO is not a PG.

I give the edge to Frazier here. And keep in mind, this was on one foot the entire season. I don't think I've ever seen a harder worker than this kid and if he keeps going at this pace, by the time he's a senior, he's going to be a heckava player for us. Not sure about NBA potential, but he has a shot to be pretty darn good. His shooting is his key area of improvement. Which can be helped.

Up next is the 2 guard. Which is b/w Nelson and McBride. I still hold to my belief that Nelson is a better player. So if you say the same thing, I likely won't counter what you have to say.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 10:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
God I hope Illinois loses tomorrow.
A little worried eh? I don't think we lose. I know that anything can happen but we beat PSU by 15 points in Happy Valley. And this is basically a home game for us up in Chicago. I think it's closer than expected but we pull out the win to face IU in the 2nd Round.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 11:00 PM    (permalink
cardsalltheway
Veteran

cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.cardsalltheway is a cocksman.

Quote:
A little worried eh? I don't think we lose. I know that anything can happen but we beat PSU by 15 points in Happy Valley. And this is basically a home game for us up in Chicago. I think it's closer than expected but we pull out the win to face IU in the 2nd Round.
Yep, definitely worried. I don't want to play Illinois in the United Center. The Big Ten Tourney is gonna be big in determining IU's seed and a first round exit will keep 'em in the double digits.

Designs by D-Unit

ILEMTPKC - I Love Eli Manning <The Patriots Killer> Club
cardsalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Idbihi only had 5 points and 2 rebounds today and fouled out. Atrocious. We never had a chance.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsalltheway View Post
Yep, definitely worried. I don't want to play Illinois in the United Center. The Big Ten Tourney is gonna be big in determining IU's seed and a first round exit will keep 'em in the double digits.
I really think we can make a run to the title game if we can start playing like I know we can play. We started coming together before the Iowa game, and if we can carry that momentum into the tourney, we can make some noise.

It's like everytime we had a shot to get going, something bad happened to us. Which is why I still say a 21-10 record this season is incredible.

Quote:
Old 03-07-2007, 11:16 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Good analysis. By my counter to you choosing Paulus is this...

Chet is a much better defender (All Big 10 Defensive Team) and he is an incredible rebounder for a guard. He's certainly not the scorer that Paulus is but he doesn't need to be. The game of basketball is more than just offensive production, especially for PG's.

Here's my breakdown of the two players:

Shooting: Paulus - Chet needs a bunch of improvement in this area. If Chester can get more consistent, he'll be a good shooter, but he doesn't have a consistent shot yet. But he has greatly improved from last season. Paulus may be inconsistent, but he's a better shooter, no doubt about that.

Driving: Draw - Paulus is a good driver and penetrator, but so is Chet when he's 100%. He's lighting quick off the dribble and very strong inside. He just doesn't do it as much as I'd like him to.

Passing: Frazier - Call me a homer here but Chet makes a lot less mistakes then Paulus does, even though Greg has improved. Chet seems to make the easy play all the time. And keep in mind this is just Chet's first year as a starter. Greg has started for 2 years now. And at one point, Frazier possessed a top 10 assist average in the nation.

Defense: Frazier - This is no contest and I don't think I have to defend this at all.

Rebounding: Frazier - Again, one of the best rebounding guards in the Big 10, and this was on just one foot.

Toughness: Draw - Shocking huh, well Greg has been known to dive into tables before, and Chet is one of the toughest guys in the game. I like how both guys play the game.

Leadership: Frazier - I have yet to see Greg take a leadership role on that team. Everytime I've watched them he doesn't seem to lead his team, which is surprising. Frazier on the other hand is our teams heartbeat. He's one of the leaders and he's one of the guys who goes all out every game for us.

Experience: Paulus - Pretty black and white here. Greg has had 2 years of starting, Chet has had one.

One area that doesn't show up on the stat sheet is Frazier's 2nd chance point opportunities. He gives our team at least 2 or 3 extra opportunities on hustle plays per game.

Chet is a true point guard. He's pass first, shoot second. While Paulus is a hybrid 1. He looks for his shot more than he does for passing, and that IMO is not a PG.

I give the edge to Frazier here. And keep in mind, this was on one foot the entire season. I don't think I've ever seen a harder worker than this kid and if he keeps going at this pace, by the time he's a senior, he's going to be a heckava player for us. Not sure about NBA potential, but he has a shot to be pretty darn good. His shooting is his key area of improvement. Which can be helped.

Up next is the 2 guard. Which is b/w Nelson and McBride. I still hold to my belief that Nelson is a better player. So if you say the same thing, I likely won't counter what you have to say.

Meh, I agree with you to some extent, but i don't think I would call Paulus an inconsistant shooter at all. It anything this season he has been a very consitant shooter, especially as of late.
I agree that Fraizer is the better defender, but it's closer than you think. Paulus moves his feet well and stays on the balls of his feet and rarly ever gets beat to the bucket of the dribble. He's a major reason Duke has the number one scoring defense in the ACC.
Paulus looks for the pass too much with his scoring ability and that is why he gets turnovers. So I don't 100% agree with your statement about him looking to shoot first. The only time I see him to look for the shot first is when the set the high screen pass/shoot option for him.

Nelson isn't Dukes "shooting guard", it's johnny boy. Nelson is more of a small forward I would say although he is listed as a guard. He's a difficult guy to put in a certian position. Give me a list of the starters you would like me to compare between the two teams and what positions.

they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-07-2007 at 11:19 PM.