Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Trent Cole not in the top 3 in pro-bowl voting? On the season he has 11.5 sacks and an astounding 26 hurries. Trent Cole is a monster and he isn't getting any respect and even more impressive is that he is the only legitimate pass rusher on the defensive line.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Andy Reid is a bad ass!

Notice the nice little shoulder check on #38. Why? Because #38 had just slung DeSean out of bounds on a borderline late hit. Frontier Justice FTW!
Old 12-23-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big game for us this week. I think we win it though.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a late hit, but awesome anyways.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Upon further review...
Quote:
Here's the breakdown in terms of number of plays:

Will Witherspoon - 58
Akeem Jordan - 26
Moise Fokou - 12
Jeremiah Trotter - 12
Tracy White - 12
Notice an omission? Chris Gocong? Yeah... he didn't even play against the 49ers except for special teams. What a waste.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And it doesn't look like he'll be starting this week either because according to Brian Seltzer, Moise Fokou is playing with the starters at practice.

Also I can't wait for Dawkins to come back to Philly, everyone should read this I really do wish he was back, it is so wrong to see him in orange, he is still an Eagle and when I read about his leadership I can't help but imagine what he would've done with this young defense, with his focus would the Eagles have lost to the Raiders? Would the Eagles have shown up to San Diego flat like they did if Dawk was there? Would the Eagles have lost that close game to Dallas without Dawk? I wish Dawk was still an Eagle and I really hope that once he retires Andy Reid offers him a coaching spot because Dawkins is extremely intelligent and knows what is going on out on the field, bring him in as the defensive backs coach when he retires and eventually bring him along so that he becomes a defensive coordinator.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was a pretty crazy game, and not in a good way. My god does this team fluctuate between the first quarter to the last quarters. We had a great start and it just went downhill.

Here are a couple things I took from this game:
1) Wildcat is not worth a **** without Vick playing. I dont want DeSean, Westbrook, or anyone else back there doing it. No point in that.

2) Our oline is so inconsistent. I dont blame Andy Reid for passing every down, we cant run block for ****. We got virtually no push every single time we tried to run it. I do not remember a run longer than 2 yards by the Eagles, excluding McNabbs 27 yard run.

3) We have a ton of underrated LB's. Tracy White has played himself into a solid role on this team. Akeem Jordan has been consistently good all season. Will Witherspoon is also a good player.

4) Our secondary goes for the big hit too much. Mainly Sheldon Brown though. He wiffed on at least 2 or 3 tackles trying to go for the big hit. I want some more sure tackling.

One of the worst officiated games I have ever seen in my life. more later..
Old 12-28-2009, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

You all remember my little post on Mike Patterson right? The one where I berated him for sucking? Yeah about that... He doesn't suck this season.

Read what football's outsiders wrote about him:
Quote:
In his fourth NFL season, Eagles tackle Mike Patterson isn't within shouting distance of the "Baby Sapp" nickname he used to carry at USC. Now, he's more about the physical battle inside than the marquee moments he had in college. When I asked Mike Tanier for the name of an underrated Philadelphia defender, Patterson's was the first that came through my Inbox. Mike said that Patterson had played at a near-Pro Bowl level all season, so I thought it was time to break out the microscope and get to work. Adam Caplan of Scout.com and SIRIUS NFL Radio classified Patterson as "a wide-bodied player who has become more of a physical run defender on Philadelphia's front-four. He'll never be classified as an impact player, but he's been very consistent on running downs. He's a durable defensive lineman who should have many solid years to come."

The Eagles will ask Patterson and fellow starting tackle Brodrick Bunkley (who impressed me more than Patterson last season during the Eagles' playoff run) to man up against different linemen -- there's less of the static "0/1-tech/3-tech" packages you see with some other 4-3 fronts. The first thing I noticed about Patterson was his ability to shake off a double team and get back in the play. He first did this on a six-yard Frank Gore run with 10:28 left in the first quarter. Right guard Chilo Rachal and right tackle Adam Snyder pinched inside to blow Patterson out of the A-gap and give Gore room to run. But Patterson sifted through the blocks and helped take Gore down. He seems to have a better ability to deal with man-on-man power situations than Bunkley, who was frequently overwhelmed by center Eric Heitmann when Bunkley was lined up over the ball. On the next play, it was the focus on Patterson, and Vernon Davis' release against an over front (strong-side alignment) that allowed end Juqua Parker to blast through, unobstructed, and bat Alex Smith's pass down.
The Eagles adapted to the 49ers' frequent shotgun snaps with wide fronts and different pressure concepts. Parker's deflection left San Francisco with third-and-4 at the Philly 33. Now, Patterson stunted to the right at the snap while Bunkley took the double-team up top, and got to Smith quickly enough to cause an early throw and end the drive.

Later in the first quarter, Patterson finally got to have some fun. After a 12-yard Gore run with 5:45 left (this was another double on Patterson -- the 49ers were countering Philly's wider defensive line splits with blocking schemes designed to move a tackle one way, and the accompanying linebacker the other), there was a double-team inside, so Gore took it outside and was tackled by Parker for a one-yard gain. On the next play, Patterson found himself in the moment every interior lineman lives for after all that extra attention: On second-and-9 from the San Francisco 40, the Niners tried Gore up the middle and Rachal single-blocking Patterson. Not a good idea, as Patterson simply wedged his way inside, pulled off Rachal, and stopped the play for no gain.

The first part of being impressed by constant double-teams on a tackle is the constant double-team concept itself. The second part is watching what happens in single-blocking situations. I learned this when I wrote about Ndamukong Suh two weeks ago, and I pitied the poor quarterback whenever some joker called for a scheme that didn't have anywhere from two to eight people directly on Suh at all times.

Patterson started the second half with a bang, displaying his ability to mess things up at the point for any rushing attack. With first-and-10 at the Eagles' 43, he simply blew through the Rachal/Snyder double-team and stopped Gore for a loss of one yard. On Gore's next run, he peeled off Rachal again and limited Gore to a two-yard gain. Both Bunkley and Patterson seem most effective as gap-fill tackles as opposed to the kind who will take a head-on approach and either bull through or slide off a block (Shaun Rogers' specialty in Cleveland). In this game, Patterson found more and more success filling the right B-gap and either splitting the double or shading the guard and exploiting the mismatch. If they take double-teams straight on, it's more likely to be one way, intentional or not, to gum up blockers and get other defenders involved.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has impressed me a lot especially in recent weeks. He, Bunkley, and Dixon have all surpassed my expectations. Trevor Laws on the other hand...
Old 12-28-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

On a depressing note, anybody see Brandon Gibson's stat line the other night?

5 receptions, 51 yards, and a TD
Old 12-28-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's not very depressing. Jamaal Jackson has a torn ACL though, that's pretty depressing.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's not very depressing. Jamaal Jackson has a torn ACL though, that's pretty depressing.
That is a lot more depressing. Just when we started to get everyone back too...
Old 12-28-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
On a depressing note, anybody see Brandon Gibson's stat line the other night?

5 receptions, 51 yards, and a TD
How is that depressing?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

**** Not Jamaal Jackson! That guy was the glue on the offensive line.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
How is that depressing?
We're going to see what could have been in the coming years. He's going to be a beast and we're going to have Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis on our roster, to me that's depressing ****.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who's playing Center for you now? What will your starting 5 be?

Did you see Jay Ratliff's 2 sacks last night? ;)
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Gibson did better the first game he played for the Rams.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

Probably Nick Cole, I don't think any of the other guys can slide over. If there was an injury at guard or tackle its different, then guys can shuffle around.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:

From left to right: Peters, Herremans, Cole, Jean Gilles, Justice.

It's a pretty good backup like rightside. I expect Ratliff to get some pressure, but Jean Gilles is a mauler in the run game
Old 12-28-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From left to right: Peters, Herremans, Cole, Jean Gilles, Justice.

It's a pretty good backup like rightside. I expect Ratliff to get some pressure, but Jean Gilles is a mauler in the run game
How is the balance of your pass vs run anyways? I'd guess that you pass most of the time, but is that a correct assumption? You guys have an OL built to run, but do you run all that much?
Old 12-28-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How is the balance of your pass vs run anyways? I'd guess that you pass most of the time, but is that a correct assumption? You guys have an OL built to run, but do you run all that much?
58/42 in favor of the pass.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
We're going to see what could have been in the coming years. He's going to be a beast and we're going to have Reggie Brown and Kevin Curtis on our roster, to me that's depressing ****.
Oh noez. I guess we'll just have to settle for DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant and Brent Celek as our primary pass-catchers. How will we ever survive?

Bitching like this about who your No. 5 WR is is ******* ********. Who gives a ****? Cutting Curtis is nearly impossible with his contract, and crying about who catches Brown's 9 catches seems a bit trivial, to say the least.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:

Apparently you didn't know Nick Cole has started for two years running at OG so he isn't exactly a new comer to the offensive line and he won't be taken advantage of like other back up centers I know ;)
Old 12-28-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Apparently you didn't know Nick Cole has started for two years running at OG so he isn't exactly a new comer to the offensive line and he won't be taken advantage of like other back up centers I know ;)
Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

This weekend can't come fast enough!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Nah, he'll just be taken advantage of like every OC that Ratliff goes against. lol.

This weekend can't come fast enough!
Ratliff is TEH SEX.