Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 12-31-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, the Packers are a dangerous team, though I feel Dallas is the biggest threat as of now. I've said it before, but I will never count out the Saints as long as Brees is the QB.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I've said it another thread but the Packers scare the crap out of me as well...for Dallas at least. Primary reason being...they absolutely destroyed our O-line. They threw our lineman around, completely over powered them. They were just stronger at the point of attack, it's not a good match up for us there. That game wasnt even that close. The stats dont paint an accurate picture. Luckily, even a decent pass rush can disrupt things with their below average O-Line. But that defense still embarrassed us. And considering that it was a strength/power issue...I would expect to see a lot of the same problems for our offensive line.

This was also the same game where we had a free man coming in on Romo just about every time he dropped back. Horrible, horrible, horrible job of picking up the blitz against the Packers. It didnt help that Garrett had no interest in some mass protection either.
Garrett doesn't know how to attack a Lebeau Zone Blitz scheme. It's been in the AFC, but now that it's in the NFC, he better get his act together. Another negative factor that comes with hiring an inexperienced OC.

GB is one of the teams I think have a legit shot at the SB.

Minny is reelin'. NOR is reelin'. ARZ is beatable... just get to Warner (who looks like a shell of what he was last year). Philly will be tough, especially if we have to try to beat them 3 times in a season. I really wouldn't mind losing to them this week, for that exact reason. When we swept the Giants in the regular season 2 years ago, they beat us in the playoffs. It's not impossible to win 3, but it's dang hard... and it's definitely against the odds.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

are philly fans really that scared of Dallas? dayum. Philly's the scariest NFC team in the playoffs...
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
are philly fans really that scared of Dallas? dayum. Philly's the scariest NFC team in the playoffs...
Hell yes and Dallas fans are scared of us, it is a mutual fright. I don't like how well Tony Romo is playing and I can only hope that Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel can change that. Other than that I have confidence but Mile s Austin, Tony Romo and Jay Ratliff scare me.

Plus they beat us earlier this season, so why wouldn't we be scared.

I do have a bunch of optimism though the Eagles have this thing where they dominate the Cowboys in the rematch as a matter of fact the Eagles have won 8 of the past 9 match-ups the last Cowboys rematch win came in 2005 when Donovan McNabb was injured in the middle of the game and Mike McMahon still almost led a comeback but the Eagle receiver dropped the pass that would've put the Eagles in position to kick the game winning field goal. The Cowboys have never scored over 14 points in the rematch this decade. They have also only limited the Eagles to less than 20 points once in the rematches this decade. Also in December/January the Cowboys have never beaten the Eagles at home (in Dallas) this decade and in the match-ups the Cowboys have lost 2 division titles and a playoff spot.

Plus I'm not sure they don't seem focused, Mike Jenkins is focusing in on DeSean Jackson a guy who he doesn't even guard. Meanwhile the Eagles seem extremely focused from all of what I've heard, they're just brushing off whatever the Cowboys say and saying they're not going to relay messages through the media they're going to show what they can do on the field.

And Victor Abiamiri has as many touchdowns as Jason Witten this year, thats the Eagles third string DE. ;) JK But Celek should've made it over him.

Last edited by Thumper : 12-31-2009 at 06:42 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Hell yes and Dallas fans are scared of us, it is a mutual fright. I don't like how well Tony Romo is playing and I can only hope that Trent Cole, Sheldon Brown and Asante Samuel can change that. Other than that I have confidence but Mile s Austin, Tony Romo and Jay Ratliff scare me.

Plus they beat us earlier this season, so why wouldn't we be scared.

I do have a bunch of optimism though the Eagles have this thing where they dominate the Cowboys in the rematch as a matter of fact the Eagles have won 8 of the past 9 match-ups the last Cowboys rematch win came in 2005 when Donovan McNabb was injured in the middle of the game and Mike McMahon still almost led a comeback but the Eagle receiver dropped the pass that would've put the Eagles in position to kick the game winning field goal. The Cowboys have never scored over 14 points in the rematch this decade. They have also only limited the Eagles to less than 20 points once in the rematches this decade. Also in December/January the Cowboys have never beaten the Eagles at home (in Dallas) this decade and in the match-ups the Cowboys have lost 2 division titles and a playoff spot.

Plus I'm not sure they don't seem focused, Mike Jenkins is focusing in on DeSean Jackson a guy who he doesn't even guard. Meanwhile the Eagles seem extremely focused from all of what I've heard, they're just brushing off whatever the Cowboys say and saying they're not going to relay messages through the media they're going to show what they can do on the field.

And Victor Abiamiri has as many touchdowns as Jason Witten this year, thats the Eagles third string DE. ;) JK But Celek should've made it over him.
I'm not scared of Philly. This bunch lacks as much on-field leadership as they used to have. Not to say they can't win. They very well may. The only match up I care about now is if we face Philly in the playoffs. This game is not as critical to win... not saying I don't want the Boys to win, just sayin'.... it ain't the end of the world.

I don't know that Jenkins won't be covering Jackson. Philly fans better hope Jenkins doesn't cover him.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol! @ measuring focus by a single interview.
Thumper's the biggest homer on these boards at times.

Cowboys 2-2 vs playoff teams, Eagles 0-3. Just sayin.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Lol! @ measuring focus by a single interview.
Thumper's the biggest homer on these boards at times.

Cowboys 2-2 vs playoff teams, Eagles 0-3. Just sayin.
1-3 ;) about to be 2-3 just like the Cowboys! And it should be noted the Eagles were missing 6 starters against New Orleans, including McNabb. I've went over this numerous times in the 'Are the Saints Really the best team in the NFC?" thread.

Cowboys on a 2 game win streak, Eagles on a 6 game win streak where the Eagles have knocked 2 teams out of playoff contention, made 4th quarter comebacks and beat the Giants (whom the Eagles swept) who the Cowboys can't beat.
Old 12-31-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm not scared of Philly. This bunch lacks as much on-field leadership as they used to have. Not to say they can't win. They very well may. The only match up I care about now is if we face Philly in the playoffs. This game is not as critical to win... not saying I don't want the Boys to win, just sayin'.... it ain't the end of the world.

I don't know that Jenkins won't be covering Jackson. Philly fans better hope Jenkins doesn't cover him.
Lack leadership? LOL @ that! Haven't you ever heard of Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Jeremiah Trotter, Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel and Quintin Mikell? Apparently not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying that and I'm taking that leadership over the Cowboys leadership everyday of the week.

And I know you're going to say that McNabb isn't a leader and is a choker, not lately just in the past year McNabb led the biggest comeback in NFC Championship game history only to have the defense choke it away and in this 6 game win streak McNabb has led comebacks against the Bears, Redskins, Giants and Broncos and if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that McNabb is the guy keeping the focus, telling them that making the playoffs means nothing that they should 'kick the doors down' and get the #2 seed even though the have clenched a spot already. Leadership is not a problem.

And now you're going to say that the loss of JJ is a big loss and it is but McDermott is a fiery guy and the defense responds to that just like they have in Atlanta and Denver when the Eagles leaned on the defense and they pulled it out.

Last edited by Thumper : 12-31-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Lack leadership? LOL @ that! Haven't you ever heard of Donovan McNabb, Brian Westbrook, Jeremiah Trotter, Sheldon Brown, Asante Samuel and Quintin Mikell? Apparently not because otherwise you wouldn't be saying that and I'm taking that leadership over the Cowboys leadership everyday of the week.

And I know you're going to say that McNabb isn't a leader and is a choker, not lately just in the past year McNabb led the biggest comeback in NFC Championship game history only to have the defense choke it away and in this 6 game win streak McNabb has led comebacks against the Bears, Redskins, Giants and Broncos and if you really knew what you were talking about you would know that McNabb is the guy keeping the focus, telling them that making the playoffs means nothing that they should 'kick the doors down' and get the #2 seed even though the have clenched a spot already. Leadership is not a problem.

And now you're going to say that the loss of JJ is a big loss and it is but McDermott is a fiery guy and the defense responds to that just like they have in Atlanta and Denver when the Eagles leaned on the defense and they pulled it out.
You obviously missed the part where I said "as much as you used to have" ... and you obviously missed where I said "on-field" leadership. Westbrook and Trotter don't provide that anymore. Neither have ability like they used to have that carried the team at times. It's Leadership PLUS Ability. Sheldon Brown is quiet as a mouse. You don't even notice him on the field unless he's getting burnt by Miles Austin. Asante? Yeah, I like that guy. Especially the way he "doesn't" mix up himself against the run. Mikell makes a play that reminds you he's still in the game, but let's not confuse his leadership qualities with Brian Dawkins. It's a completely different level.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You obviously missed the part where I said "as much as you used to have" ... and you obviously missed where I said "on-field" leadership. Westbrook and Trotter don't provide that anymore. Neither have ability like they used to have that carried the team at times. It's Leadership PLUS Ability. Sheldon Brown is quiet as a mouse. You don't even notice him on the field unless he's getting burnt by Miles Austin. Asante? Yeah, I like that guy. Especially the way he "doesn't" mix up himself against the run. Mikell makes a play that reminds you he's still in the game, but let's not confuse his leadership qualities with Brian Dawkins. It's a completely different level.
Quintin Mikell is the on the field leader, sure he isn't crazy intense like Dawk was but he is intelligent and he knows where to put people. And McNabb has been in the same system for what? 11 years now? He knows the system like the back of his hand.

And why are you questioning the Eagles leadership? Romo isn't a good leader, Ware is mild mannered and quiet, Jay Ratliff is just a defensive lineman and Keith Brooking has only been on the defense for a year. Who leads the Cowboys? Who on that team, tells people what they did wrong, what to do different, offers words of encouragement when something goes wrong and keeps the team focused? I see no one like that on the Dallas team, not one person which might have something to do with the fact that they lose focus down the stretch and can't win in pressure situations. The Eagles leadership is better than the Cowboys leadership from top to bottom the Eagles have better leaders including Andy Reid and Wade Phillips. I'd be more worried about leadership on your own team if I were you.

And another thing, if this game is close at half time the Cowboys will lose it, both games they lost in December were close games at half time and the games they won were blowouts at half time, so they lose when the pressure is on and you could say the same thing about the Saints game because they almost choked away a huge lead. The Eagles have been winning close games, the Cowboys haven't.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And D-Unit why aren't you scared of the Eagles? You aren't a little bit worried that the hottest team in the NFC with the most explosive offense in the NFL might beat the Cowboys on Sunday? Yeah right.
Old 12-31-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And D-Unit why aren't you scared of the Eagles? You aren't a little bit worried that the hottest team in the NFC with the most explosive offense in the NFL might beat the Cowboys on Sunday? Yeah right.
The fact that we beat you already... in YOUR HOUSE. There's no fear anymore. You're beatable, inexperienced and your best leader is notorious for choking.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly's really starting to be overrated in the media. Beaten 2 winning teams.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The fact that we beat you already... in YOUR HOUSE. There's no fear anymore. You're beatable, inexperienced and your best leader is notorious for choking.
You know, this is typical of a Dallas fan. I completely agree that the team has a reputation for choking, in the playoffs (this isn't the playoffs btw) and you said it yourself the Eagles are inexperienced which typically means they're young. The Eagles are young and they haven't been a part of the choking in Philly's past, what proved to be a monkey on the back of the old eagles doesn't exist anymore because the young Eagles lack knowledge of the older days.

This theory is outlined very nicely right here:

Quote:
You expected something bad to happen: an interception from McNabb, a crazy play call or head-scratching decision from Reid. You expected some kind of replay of all the memorable losses of the last decade.

But the genetic makeup of this team is being scrambled by the infusion of young blood. This team doesn't know its own history, so that history isn't a burden.
Quote:
This team has been in a bunch of these situations over the years. This team has seldom executed every aspect of the endgame as perfectly. The Eagles have now won three games with fourth-quarter drives during their six-game, run-to-the-playoffs win streak.

Granted, the makeover will not be officially complete until these Eagles do this to win a conference championship or a Super Bowl. But they are going to get another shot next month, and this time they're going into it with a different energy.

"This type of game is what the playoffs are all about," Jackson said. "It's not going to always be easy. There's going to be times we're down, and we have to fight to get back up. There's going to be times we're up, and teams fight back to get up on us. It's good. We were tested today and we were able to pull through."

A nice, easy win would have been easier on your digestion. But this really was better. It was one more chance for this team to overcome adversity, one more step toward completing the makeover.
And a Cowboys fan shouldn't be talking about choking, they have the biggest choker of the decade.

And then there is the interception to the Giants in the playoffs and when he completely laid an egg against the Eagles and collapsed in the showers. Cowboys fans shouldn't be talking about choking.

And the Eagles are better now than they were when they played the Cowboys weeks ago. In the first meeting the Eagles gave the game away. Dallas won 20-16, but 10 of those points came off turnovers. The other TD came on a long pass when several defenders made a mistake at the same time. The OL was still being shuffled quite a bit at that time. That helped the Cowboys get pressure on McNabb. We also made a ton of mistakes, especially the rookies. And Jeremy Maclin has figured the game out more, in the 7 games leading up to the Dallas game he had 22 catches and in the past 5 games he has caught 27 passes with some of those coming on huge late game drives against Washington and Denver. Also role players have emerged, Tracy White has shown himself to be a good coverage linebacker, Darren Howard has been playing much better, Alex Smith has shown himself to be a good blocker and Vick now makes the wildcat package a legitimate threat with all the big plays he has made lately out of that package.

And like I said the Eagles have history on their side, Dallas has never beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles won 8/9 games and the game they won was when McNabb was injured. Plus the Eagles actually know how to win games late in the season and Andy Reid has a fantastic record in December and January. And Tony Romo has always struggled against the Eagles in the rematches, every time.

And like previously mentioned, the Eagles are the hottest team in the NFC, 6 game winning streak where the Eagles have done it all, won in close games, shootouts, blowouts and defensive struggles. This team is good and if you aren't at least a little bit nervous about Sunday's game then you're in for a rude awakening. The Cowboys don't win when they're behind at half time or are in a close game at the half and the Eagles are the best first half team in the NFL.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Philly's really starting to be overrated in the media. Beaten 2 winning teams.
Lol and you're a Patriots fan right? How many winning teams have they beaten? Oh thats right, once when they beat the Ravens. You can't really talk if your own team can't beat winning teams either.

And are you really going to say Dallas has beat winning teams? I would back off of that right now, they've beat two winning teams the Saints and the Eagles.

The Eagles have beat the Giants twice and the Broncos, neither of whom the Cowboys beat.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

That Seattle game was Romo's first trip to the playoffs and a Round 1 game? Please don't tell me that's the biggest choke of the decade. McNabb is a joker. Reid is a choker. The Eagles are biggest choke team of the decade. YOU OWN IT! Be honest with your own evaluations.

People said Romo choked in December too. Well, he's gotten over that one. He just keeps getting better and better.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
And are you really going to say Dallas has beat winning teams? I would back off of that right now, they've beat two winning teams the Saints and the Eagles.
IT FELT SOOOOO GOOOOD.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Happy New Year's guys... You know I luva luva you. xoxoxox. lol.
Old 12-31-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That Seattle game was Romo's first trip to the playoffs and a Round 1 game? Please don't tell me that's the biggest choke of the decade. McNabb is a joker. Reid is a choker. The Eagles are biggest choke team of the decade. YOU OWN IT! Be honest with your own evaluations.

People said Romo choked in December too. Well, he's gotten over that one. He just keeps getting better and better.
Romo is a bigger choker than McNabb, I defy you to find me a meaningful game where McNabb single handily cost the Eagles a game or a meaningful game where he came out completely flat and lost. You can't do it, Romo is the biggest choker in the game.

And what has Romo done to live down his choker status? Almost choke away a lead to New Orleans, beat down a pathetic Redskins team? And if Romo is able to shed his choker label then why isn't McNabb? McNabb has actually led the team on two comeback wins and he took control of the Giants game, more than Romo has done, Romo is still a choker and his true colors will shine on Sunday.

And how are the Eagles the biggest choke team of the decade? The Cowboys haven't even won a playoff game because they've choked away every chance they got, including a 44-6 beat down that felt amazing. Or when Romo single handily lost the game to the Seahawks, or when the 'most talented team in the NFL' choked away a playoff game to the upstart Giants. Cowboys are the biggest choker team of the decade, not the Eagles.

And you know what will feel good for me? A win in Dallas once again, because I repeat Dallas has NEVER beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles have won 8 of 9 soon to be 9 of 10.
Old 12-31-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol and you're a Patriots fan right? How many winning teams have they beaten? Oh thats right, once when they beat the Ravens. You can't really talk if your own team can't beat winning teams either.

The Eagles have beat the Giants twice and the Broncos, neither of whom the Cowboys beat.
I'm a Raider fan and a Tom Brady apologist.

l never mentioned Dallas lol. I simply noted that the Eagles win streak is including all this pub,but they've only beaten two winning teams. :)
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:38 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Romo is a bigger choker than McNabb, I defy you to find me a meaningful game where McNabb single handily cost the Eagles a game or a meaningful game where he came out completely flat and lost. You can't do it, Romo is the biggest choker in the game.

And what has Romo done to live down his choker status? Almost choke away a lead to New Orleans, beat down a pathetic Redskins team? And if Romo is able to shed his choker label then why isn't McNabb? McNabb has actually led the team on two comeback wins and he took control of the Giants game, more than Romo has done, Romo is still a choker and his true colors will shine on Sunday.

And how are the Eagles the biggest choke team of the decade? The Cowboys haven't even won a playoff game because they've choked away every chance they got, including a 44-6 beat down that felt amazing. Or when Romo single handily lost the game to the Seahawks, or when the 'most talented team in the NFL' choked away a playoff game to the upstart Giants. Cowboys are the biggest choker team of the decade, not the Eagles.

And you know what will feel good for me? A win in Dallas once again, because I repeat Dallas has NEVER beaten Philly in Dallas in December or January this decade and the Eagles have won 8 of 9 soon to be 9 of 10.
Stop letting me get to your emotions. Romo biggest choker in the game? Laughable. The guy consistently regains the lead for us and has consistently been especially good in the 4th quarter in his career as a starter.

You guys OWN choke team of the decade. The fact that you WENT to the playoffs is the reason for it. By your logic, the Detroit Lions are the biggest choke team. LOL. Until the Eagles win the damn SB... like the Cowboys have done what... lost count... 5 times now??? Yeah... Until you get 1. JUST ONE... then you OWN CHOKE status... and that all falls on McNabb.

Didn't you say Dallas will choke in December? Bah... You rely too much on history and ignore the present.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

What does winning championships in the 90s and 70s have to do with being a choke team this decade? The Cowboys can't win in pressure situations and they've proved it time after time in the decade and they are led by the biggest choker of all, Tony Romo.

And this whole 'December' thing is way overblown they won one game that was decent and they rolled a team that sucks, la di da, I realize thats a step up for the biggest chokers in the league but it doesn't really matter because until they win the big one in this decade, they're chokers in this decade.

And if we're talking about bad predictions lets look at yours, didn't you predict the Eagles would fail and go 9-7 and that the Cowboys would go 12-4 and the Giants would regroup and make the playoffs? Bah... you ignored the fact that the Eagles historically always get hot and you put to much emphasis on the present. I think of things like this:
"Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times." -Machiavelli
"The past does not repeat itself, but it rhymes." -Mark Twain

Last edited by Thumper : 01-01-2010 at 05:42 AM.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What does winning championships in the 90s and 70s have to do with being a choke team this decade? The Cowboys can't win in pressure situations and they've proved it time after time in the decade and they are led by the biggest choker of all, Tony Romo.

And this whole 'December' thing is way overblown they won one game that was decent and they rolled a team that sucks, la di da, I realize thats a step up for the biggest chokers in the league but it doesn't really matter because until they win the big one in this decade, they're chokers in this decade.

And if we're talking about bad predictions lets look at yours, didn't you predict the Eagles would fail and go 9-7 and that the Cowboys would go 12-4 and the Giants would regroup and make the playoffs? Bah... you ignored the fact that the Eagles historically always get hot and you put to much emphasis on the present. I think of things like this:
"Whoever wishes to foresee the future must consult the past; for human events ever resemble those of preceding times." -Machiavelli
"The past does not repeat itself, but it rhymes." -Mark Twain
You know what? You've opened my eyes. The Eagles are not the choke team of the decade. Nah... they're not just limited to that. They are the biggest choke team in the entire history of the NFL!!!

Tony Romo has been a starting QB for 3 years. This is his 4th and history has yet to be written. You have no case. Donovan has failed you 10 seasons in a row. Guess what? That's a decade bro. This is his 11th season and if you believe in your own quotes about history then, he'll choke again this year, like he always does...

Or do you not believe in your own words???
Old 01-01-2010, 12:20 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I wouldn't write checks that your boy Jenkins can't cash.

And you're not scared of Philly because of a "lack of leadership"? Pretty poor reason, because the Ravens have one of the best leaders in the league and are stumbling to the finish line.

Last edited by superman8456 : 01-01-2010 at 12:24 PM.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
inexperienced
What the ****?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote