Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Odell Thurman

I realise he's not a marquee player, but I'm confused here.

Didn't the bungles head coach say he was never going to play for him again?

If so why hasn't he been released this offseason or been made publicly available for trade for a late second day pick?

I hate his character issues, but his upside is just ridiculous.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering they cut Brian Simmons, I'm guessing he'll be back.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
AdrianWilson12
Veteran

AdrianWilson12 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Given that he was a DROY candidate 2 years back, there must be someone willing to acquire him assuming the Bengals don't want him back. If Polluck's injury is career threaterning and with Simmons gone, Cincinnati look awfully thin at linebacker.
#1--Russell I can't be too disappointed in this pick because he is, realistically, a huge upgrade (in the same way that the Great Wall of China would be a huge upgrade over the fence in my backyard) over Andrew Walter.
AdrianWilson12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

he didn't say anything about odell not coming back. he said he wasn't going to talk about odell at all. Lewis still hasn't ruled his comeback out and i think he will be back and be forced to battle for PT. he will be a starter by mid-season at the latest.

the bungles>panthers

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 06:27 PM    (permalink
defensiveback23
Veteran

defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.defensiveback23 is so money.

Quote:
"Odell is not a member of this football team," Lewis said Tuesday. "He's on suspension by the NFL. He's got a long road to go. I'm not even going to spend any time talking about Odell.

"We're talking about our '07 season. He's not part of this football team. We don't need to talk about it."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717845

His chances in Cincy don't look very good.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:45 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm unsure. As of now, I think it'll be like last preseason when he played with our 3rd string guys. If/When he's allowed back he won't go straight into the starters role.

IMO the cutting of Simmons doesn't impact it. Most of us Bengals fans didn't figure him in as a starter anyway. We still have Ahmad/Nicholson/Caleb for MLB if it came down to it, Landon Johnson/a draft pick for WLB and Ahmad Brooks/Rashad Jeanty for SLB.

The media really jumped on what Marvin said though, he was just tired of talking about it and they acted like he said that he'd be gone for sure. A few weeks ago he said he can apply to be reinstated in July and that he's got a long road back, he said he hoped he could get his personal life together and that it wasn't about football right now.

IMO there's no way we release him, way too much talent and it's not like no other team will take a chance on him. He's a playmaker, I'm really hoping he gets it together and finds his way into our starting role next year.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defensiveback23 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2717845

His chances in Cincy don't look very good.
he'll be back barring another issue.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:54 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Odell is not a member of this football team," Lewis said Tuesday. "He's on suspension by the NFL."

we'll technically that just says he is currently not part of the team. it sats nothing of him coming back
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:58 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niel89 View Post
"Odell is not a member of this football team," Lewis said Tuesday. "He's on suspension by the NFL."

we'll technically that just says he is currently not part of the team. it sats nothing of him coming back
Bingo... For some reason the media ran with that and another quote which don't explicitly say he won't be with the team next year, just that it's up in the air (which it was).

He'll be back though, I'm just not sure what his role will be though. He is massively in Marvin's doghouse. Both off field and as a football player. Marvin came out and said that he was out of position a great deal in '05 and he wasn't completely satisfied with his play. Either way, I'd say he plays in the 3rd/4th quarter of all the preseason games and will only crack the starting lineup with an injury. I very highly doubt he'll be our opening day starter at MLB.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:03 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marvin said that Odell currently "wasn't in their plans" or something of that sort. Part of that has to do with the emergence of Ahmad Brooks, but I'd expect him to be back with Pollack's uncertainty and the release of Simmons.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Marvin said that Odell currently "wasn't in their plans" or something of that sort. Part of that has to do with the emergence of Ahmad Brooks, but I'd expect him to be back with Pollack's uncertainty and the release of Simmons.
Yes, but I think that was in reference to the idea that until he was reinstated he was not in the teams plans.

Odell at MLB, and Ahmad at SLB would just be nasty... Our defense would have an attitude then, but as I said I'm not counting on Odell at this point.

As I said cutting Simmons is by no means a big impact on our LB's, I wasn't counting him as a starter before he was cut anyway but what it may be doing is creating a roster spot for Odell when he comes back and it was a courtesy to Simmons by letting him go early.