Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 10-19-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My thoughts on our team

We have by far the worst D line in the NFL. There's only one player on our line that should be starting ( Roy Miller ).

Jim Bates had us lining up in 3-4 yesterday, I don't know why but he did. He should be let go. If we want to win a game this season we should go back to our base Tampa 2. All the guys know how to play it so it shouldn't be that hard.

Our so called strong part of our team the WR's, is not very strong at all. The only player we have on O that's people have to game plan for is K2. K2 is a monster, we should throw him the ball 10 to 15 times a game. I would love to see us throw him more "jump" balls from the wideout.

Aqib Talib will go to a pro bowl one day, if he does not get himself kicked out of the NFL. It's a big time risk to build a secondary around him and T jack because of them being head-cases.

Ruud is a very good linebacker, but not great. Will never be a the center piece of a D.

Sammie Stroughter is a baller. We should get this guy the ball, he has that nack to make people miss. His hands also look very good. Big time slot guy right now.

Why in the hell did will let Matt Bryant go? He was a good kicker.

Also we have the worst coaching in the NFL. Thats what I think. Morris was not ready. Bates is not good at all. Olson or whoever calls the plays for the O is not good as well. We are getting out scored in the 3rd by like 50 points and the only points we have is the kickoff for six yesterday. Thats on coaching.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Beans
DC GFX Team
All-Pro

Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Beans is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Ruud is a very good linebacker, but not great. Will never be a the center piece of a D.
uh .

bonekrusher on the sig magic
Quote:
<beans> libid dont worry man i think fondling big black men is a perfectly worthy career goal
<JBond> laughing so hard I am crying
Beans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We have by far the worst D line in the NFL. There's only one player on our line that should be starting ( Roy Miller ).
Roy isn't even starting at the moment. It's way to early to anoint him as the only player on the defensive line who deserves to start.

Quote:
Jim Bates had us lining up in 3-4 yesterday, I don't know why but he did. He should be let go. If we want to win a game this season we should go back to our base Tampa 2. All the guys know how to play it so it shouldn't be that hard.
I don't think going back to the Tampa 2 is the answer considering our current coaching staff. We are going to need to do something though.

Quote:
Our so called strong part of our team the WR's, is not very strong at all. The only player we have on O that's people have to game plan for is K2. K2 is a monster, we should throw him the ball 10 to 15 times a game. I would love to see us throw him more "jump" balls from the wideout.
First of all 'strong part of our team'? Don't know where you got that? From the start of the season people have labelled our receivers as bottom 3-4 in the league.

Quote:
Aqib Talib will go to a pro bowl one day, if he does not get himself kicked out of the NFL. It's a big time risk to build a secondary around him and T jack because of them being head-cases.
Talib and Jackson both give me hope for the future.

Quote:
Ruud is a stud. He had a fantastic year last year and is still having a good one this year. The whole defense is bad, Ruud is not to blame for that.

Quote:
Sammie Stroughter is a baller. We should get this guy the ball, he has that nack to make people miss. His hands also look very good. Big time slot guy right now.
Talk about STEAL!

Quote:
Why in the hell did will let Matt Bryant go? He was a good kicker.
Let's not talk about the whole Nugent/Bryant saga ever again.

Quote:
Also we have the worst coaching in the NFL. Thats what I think. Morris was not ready. Bates is not good at all. Olson or whoever calls the plays for the O is not good as well. We are getting out scored in the 3rd by like 50 points and the only points we have is the kickoff for six yesterday. Thats on coaching.
We suck.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
DeadEagle
Rookie

DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeadEagle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just wanna say that Sammie Stroughter is some sort of fun to watch, and we should get him the ball out of the slot some more.
DeadEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread is a joke...

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:51 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

My thoughts of the team as of week 15...

Looks like imo that we have a potential elite QB in Freeman...

We need more then Winslow to throw to - WR corp. is very weak...

Raheem was way over his head most of the season - I will say I hope he get's another chance and learns from the mistakes he has made this year because I do think he is a good coach...

We need to Draft heavily on the defensive side, SHOCKER i know..

Special Teams was awesome this year, they pretty much won us two games...

Quote:
I don't think going back to the Tampa 2 is the answer considering our current coaching staff. We are going to need to do something though.
I think you were wrong on this one Caddy... The bend don't break mentality has helped a lot... Now only if we could get a pass rush...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Our so called strong part of our team the WR's, is not very strong at all.
I thought it was our Oline, lol... Our OLine has got to be the most overrated group on the Buc's... Every year I hear that we have one of the best young Olines in the NFL, yet I can remember Garcia running for his life every play it seemed like.. Same thing this year, I will say they have been playing better lately...
Old 01-02-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People who need to go or at least be replaced:

Greg Olson: Consistently passing on 3rd and short, replacing Caddy with Ward when he's starting to build up steam, going insane with the passing game when the running game is working, etc, etc. Is there any Bucs fan out there who would be pleased with Olson being the offensive coordinator next year?

Derrick Ward: Trade him for another draft pick. He and Caddy are similar backs with the main difference being that Williams has actually been fairly consistent this year and has shown more potential as far as big plays go.

Antonio Bryant: Yes, he's the best receiver on our roster when he wants to be. The problem is, he hasn't wanted to be that guy lately. He quit on the team early in the Saints game and hasn't shown much effort outside of a couple of games. Couple that with the fact that he's going to want a big contract and I really don't care to see him in pewter and red next season.

Michael Clayton: Do I even need to explain this one? I'm still trying to figure out why the Bucs re-signed him.

Jeremy Trueblood: Horrible. Just horrible. When he's not getting false starts, holding penalties or commiting stupid personal fouls, he's constantly getting beaten by opposing defensive ends. Dotson and Zuttah (assuming Sears will be back) should be to two guys competing for the ROT next year. Kenyatta Walker 2.0 needs to be off this team Monday morning.

Chris Hovan and Ryan Sims: The two have been abused all season long. They obviously can't hack it not matter what system we run. Roy Miller has shown enough to be given a shot at starting next season with the other spot hopefully going to Ndamukong Suh or Gerald McCoy.

Sabby Piscitelli: I was a big fan of the Bucs drafting him, but somewhere along the way he forgot how to tackle and cover. He shouldn't be cut loose, but he needs to spend some time on the bench or special teams to work on several aspects of his game.

Dirk Johnson: Hopefully Bidwell will be able to return from his injury because Johnson has been lackluster at best.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:29 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

Great post, Legacy.

Wish I could add input, but unfortunately I have yet to see a full Buc game this season. Wish I had the time and money to get NFL Sunday ticket this year. lol

I also had heard that our O-line was to be a strength this year. Would it be fair to say that our run blocking is above average and pass blocking below average?

How has our OLB play been? Who has gotten the most reps? Hayes and Black? Who was SAM and who was WILL?

Was happy to have drafted Sabby based on his measureables too. But I guess the majority feel like he should not be starting.

Is there any bright spot on our defense besides Ruud and Talib?
Old 01-03-2010, 05:54 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Great post, Legacy.

Wish I could add input, but unfortunately I have yet to see a full Buc game this season. Wish I had the time and money to get NFL Sunday ticket this year. lol

I also had heard that our O-line was to be a strength this year. Would it be fair to say that our run blocking is above average and pass blocking below average?

Quote:
The O-Line was average this year. It's hard to say whose fault that was to be honest because I have a feeling the switch from zone hurt us a lot and our playcalling was suspect at best.
How has our OLB play been? Who has gotten the most reps? Hayes and Black? Who was SAM and who was WILL?

Quote:
For the most part it has been decent. Hayes looks great in the Tampa 2, but was a little lost in Bates scheme. Black on the other hand is mediocre as a starter and could be replaced.
Was happy to have drafted Sabby based on his measureables too. But I guess the majority feel like he should not be starting.

How did you forget Tanard Jackson??????????????????????????? HOW!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

Quote:
How did you forget Tanard Jackson??????????????????????????? HOW!
Ronde has played really well also... Hayes has shown some good signs but has shown some bad as well... A good Defensive line will do wonders for the LB corp.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABoyNamedSuh View Post
Both the pass and run blocking have been less than stellar. I'd say the pass blocking has been a little more consistent, but Trueblood remains the weakest link in this regard. I think that, as far as run blocking goes, the line is really missing Arron Sears. The fact that Faine was hurt early in the year didn't help much, either. The blocking has improved the last couple of games, though, so I guess we'll see some more progress today.

Quote:
Hayes is the starting WILL and Black is the starting SAM.

Hayes has been fantastic since Morris took over the defense. He had great performances against the Seahawks and the Saints (last week). Quincy Black has been playing better, though he still needs to improve in some areas. Morris has designed some blitzes to take advantage of Black's speed, which has worked out very well.

I'd say that, as far as potential goes, Hayes has shown enough for me to think that he could be a future Pro Bowler if the Bucs stick with Morris's defense. He's starting to look eerily similar to Derrick Brooks. ;) As for Black, I think his ceiling is a bit lower, but he should pan out to be a solid and consistent starter.

Quote:
He shouldn't. As I said, he's completely forgotten how to tackle and has had his ankles broken so many times this season that I'm surprised he can still walk. If he could just re-learn how to tackle consistently, he'd be ok. Perhaps he needs to spend some time on special teams (as I suggested earlier) to work on this.

Quote:
Tanard Jackson, for one, but that shouldn't be surprising. Hayes and Black have been better than expected, as I noted above. Roy Miller has looked good with limited playing time. He should start next year and would do well next to either Suh or McCoy. :) Jimmy Wilkerson has been the most consistent source of pressure (6 sacks), which was better than expected. Ronde Barber has looked better than expected, as well, especially since Morris took over the defense.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:09 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

DAMNIT! I need to quit posting late at night...maybe I won't forget about T-Jax next time. lol

My bad, guise.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

Also, thanks for the input, fellas. 'preciate it.