Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-31-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't is our center have problem with hearing?
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
For whatever reasons, I don't think Dallas has ever had much of a home-field advantage. I think the more hardcore blue collar type fans you can get in a stadium, the louder it is. The prices that we charge for tickets aren't going to draw much of that crowd. Too many rich, pretty people on their cells asking some goober relative if they can see them on TV.
I think that's probably right on. Conversely, I think that also explains the noise that NOR has... LOL.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think that's probably right on. Conversely, I think that also explains the noise that NOR has... LOL.
Right, think about cities like Pittsburgh, Oakland, Cleveland, and Philly and compare them to the crowd at Dallas. We'll never compete in crowd noise until Dallas' big money industries really tank and ticket prices drop. Am I wrong here?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have any of yall been to the stadium yet? I went for the Texas and Nebraska game and I sat on the Nebraska side. I couldn't hear ANY Texas chants the whole game even after the touchdown and the fight song came up. Its like the noise just stayed on that side of the stadium.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, im back. After the release of T.O., I predicted a 6-10 finish for the Cowboys and suprisingly, they have done better than I expected them to. I just wanted to admit that I was wrong but im sure most here would have to admit that if it wasnt for the emergence of Miles Austin (who in my opinion is the team's number one receiver), you would have to wonder what the Cowboys record would be.

Anyway, I admit that I was wrong and im sorry. Good luck in the playoffs. :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan77733 View Post
Well, im back. After the release of T.O., I predicted a 6-10 finish for the Cowboys and suprisingly, they have done better than I expected them to. I just wanted to admit that I was wrong but im sure most here would have to admit that if it wasnt for the emergence of Miles Austin (who in my opinion is the team's number one receiver), you would have to wonder what the Cowboys record would be.

Anyway, I admit that I was wrong and im sorry. Good luck in the playoffs. :)
You weren't as wrong as the guy in my sig!
Old 01-01-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
You weren't as wrong as the guy in my sig!
I like PF, but that's a gem quote.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I like PF, but that's a gem quote.
Ditto, he's a good guy. I just knew that he'd be wrong so I saved it.
Old 01-02-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I'm ready to eat some crow :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Hey guys, I'm ready to eat some crow :)
We still like you. At least you had the guts to go out there and predict.
Old 01-03-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The GMen games cost us the #2 seed.

1 of those two plus a win today...
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats, fellas. You kicked the **** out of us. I'm really glad I didn't have a chance to watch it.

Same time next week?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Congrats, fellas. You kicked the **** out of us. I'm really glad I didn't have a chance to watch it.

Same time next week?
OK. NOW I'm scared. :/
Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Like the new title for our team forum??? :D
Old 01-03-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
OK. NOW I'm scared. :/
Wasn't meant to be a "scare tactic". I was literally asking if it'd be the same time next week.

Don't act so tough, D. Your Eagles prediction was still WAY off.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Wasn't meant to be a "scare tactic". I was literally asking if it'd be the same time next week.

Don't act so tough, D. Your Eagles prediction was still WAY off.
But I'm serious. Beating you guys 3 times in a row is going to be SUPER tough. We were 12-3 and beat the Giants twice 2 years ago... then faced them in the playoffs and were beaten like rag. It's hard even if this was the Detroit Lions we're talking about. In the NFL... the odds are simply against us.

My Eagles prediction was not way off. 1 win difference.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2010 NFC EAST Champion Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

I like it, I like it A LOT!

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Like the new title for our team forum??? :D
You're abusing your power.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
But I'm serious. Beating you guys 3 times in a row is going to be SUPER tough. We were 12-3 and beat the Giants twice 2 years ago... then faced them in the playoffs and were beaten like rag. It's hard even if this was the Detroit Lions we're talking about. In the NFL... the odds are simply against us.

My Eagles prediction was not way off. 1 win difference.
Um, what?

Quote:
2 Team Race. The fight for the NFC East Crown will boil down to 2 teams. The Dallas Cowboys and the NY Giants
Quote:
13 Sun, Dec 6 @ Atlanta (5-4) L - This is probably the most pivotal game for Philly the rest of the year. Win this and this post prediction could blow up.
14 Sun, Dec 13 @ NY Giants (5-4) L - Giants on the road? Not buying it.
15 Sun, Dec 20 vs San Francisco (4-5) W - A good win at home.
16 Sun, Dec 27 vs Denver (6-3) W - Orton may be out as well as Denver's chances of making the playoffs.
17 Sun, Jan 3 @ Dallas (6-3) L - Riding a 2 game winning streak will give the Eagles confidence, but it's not going to happen again. Stealing a line from Creek's sig, "This is our year!" :D I miss that guy.

9-7 is a respectable season, but ultimately leave the Eagles at home in the playoffs.
Quote:
No because Dallas only has to win 2 more games to make it to the playoffs. You guys need to win 3, and since I don't think you're winning in Dallas, that means you need to win 3 out of the next 4. ...with the next 2 on the road. Tough. 9-7 is your fate. Green Bay is taking the Wild card away from you.
Quote:
Eagles last 4 games:
@ NY Giants: L
SF 49ers: W
Den. Broncos: L
@ Dal. Cowboys: L
Quote:
Call me when you beat the 49ers. I said you'd finish 9-7 and I'm still not out of it. ;)
Quote:
You WILL NOT be 11-4 heading into the Cowboys game. You WILL NOT!
Which of these predictions are you counting?
Old 01-03-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Clearly this team is different mentally. Wade deserves a ton of praise for the performance of the defense. Garrett called a great game too... clearly learned from some of his mistakes from last year in Philly.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm.semantics. Who cares? He had an opinion and he was wrong. I can quote 10000 wrong opinions on this board day in and out.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
Umm.semantics. Who cares? He had an opinion and he was wrong. I can quote 10000 wrong opinions on this board day in and out.
It's not so much how wrong he was. It's how arrogant and smug he was about it.

Whatever, you won. Congrats. See you next week.
Old 01-03-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah blah...there's always going to be some arrogance on going out on a limb.

See you next week indeed!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kinda like this in the eagles thread

You know what Cowboys fans don't realize, the Eagles lost the game, the Cowboys didn't win it. The Eagles gave them that game, Moise Fokou did it all alone, negating great field position on a Sheldon Brown interception and a KR for a TD by Ellis Hobbs and then they couldn't convert in short yardage situations. The Eagles gift wrapped that game to them and they still barely won.

Lets look at it this way, the Eagles are just flat out better and that is why they should win on Sunday.

Yeah they are way better....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Bah, we're just lulling you into a false sense of security. :D