Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default So say we take Berry at 3, what 2nd rd DTs do you like?

Lets say Suh and McCoy go 1/2. And we take Berry... season highlights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wDa7GvAgFs

We would still be in desperate need of a 4-3 UT. Our first pick in the 2nd is #35... Arthur Jones? Vince Oghobaase? Tyson Alualu? Jared Odrick? D'Anthony Smith? Are any of these guys worth a high 2nd rd pick?

note: this is assuming Raheem is brought back.

oh wow i just saw how low oghobaase is rated on scott's rankings... surprising.
Old 01-04-2010, 04:41 AM    (permalink
ABoyNamedSuh
Rookie

ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.ABoyNamedSuh could make a wolverine purr.

I think we should look at a mix of BPA and front seven needs.

My board for front 7 help would look like this (off the top of my head):

UNC DT Marvin Austin

Mizzoo OLB Sean Witherspoon

UNC OLB Bruce Carter

Texas DT Lamar Houston

UGa DT Geno Atkins
Old 01-04-2010, 09:21 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

I think there is a good chance that Carlos Dunlap and Jason Piere-Paul fall into the second round... There will be some guys that are projected to be 1st rounders that will slip... I just hope with one of those 2nd rounders the Buc's go WR... A. Been, Gilyard, Tate, will all be there in the 2nd round most likely...

Quote:
oh wow i just saw how low oghobaase is rated on scott's rankings... surprising.
I have Oghobaase as a 2-3 round guy.. He's big run stopper, just what the Buc's need...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunlap in the second could certainly happen but Pierre-Paul?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
Legacy
Veteran

Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Legacy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Dunlap in the second could certainly happen but Pierre-Paul?
I wouldn't be surprised to see Al Davis take him in the first round. I also doubt Dunlap will declare for the draft.

If we get Berry in the first, I want Brian Price in the 2nd, even if it means we have to move up a couple of spots. If that's not possible, Jared Odrick or Arthur Jones would be ok with me.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a boom or bust pick but Arthur Jones or Big Dan Williams ( If he's there ).
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
I wouldn't be surprised to see Al Davis take him in the first round. I also doubt Dunlap will declare for the draft.

If we get Berry in the first, I want Brian Price in the 2nd, even if it means we have to move up a couple of spots. If that's not possible, Jared Odrick or Arthur Jones would be ok with me.
Haha if Davis wants to take him in the first round then I'd be extremely delighted.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We discussed it a bit in the Raiders' forum because, likewise, we may be in the same predicament in light of the direction Mr. Al Davis may actually choose to go. Unfortunately for you guys and us, experts and draftniks alike weren't lying when they said this was a very deep and strong defensive tackle class. It could go as deep as five or six names this year -- Suh, McCoy, Williams, Price, Cody, and maybe Jones.

You may be out of luck, unless you would consider Odrick or D'Anthony Smith (both great fits, actually), but it would be wiser to go elsewhere at that point barring a trade down imo.

And as far as the Raiders selecting Dunlap, it's not going to happen whether he declares or not; he'd be lucky to see the top half of the draft in spite of a great finish to this season [on the field]. Character has become a greater point of emphasis under Cable, and maybe will be even moreso for his possible successor. Al's recent draft history would only reaffirm that perception.

Contrarily, I am not going to dispute the possibility of JPP because he is the superior athlete and doesn't come with the baggage and piss poor mental outlook that the organization has consciously attempted to avoid in the midst of our seven consecutive years of futility.

Last edited by 619 : 01-04-2010 at 09:20 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
And as far as the Raiders selecting Dunlap, it's not going to happen whether he declares or not; he'd be lucky to see the top half of the draft in spite of a great finish to this season [on the field]. Character has become a greater point of emphasis under Cable, and maybe will be even moreso for his possible successor.
Dunlap's draft stock has plummeted... I don't know how much of a character issue he has, he made one mistake... And it looks like Cable won't be back..But if he comes out he could slip down pretty far...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote