Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-06-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
This is definitely true. Almost everything that is taught in schools is censored and kept from absolute truth. Some is redacted because it is not particularly important and there is a limited amount of time, some is not taught because the tests don't need that information, and some is left out because the teachers simply don't know themselves.

This may sound bad, but some of the dumbest people I met in College were Elementary Ed Majors. It made me think about the teachers I had in elementary schools and most of them were not the brightest people.
Good thing that we don't have standardized tests for Social Studies.... yet
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Good thing that we don't have standardized tests for Social Studies.... yet
In Illinois we did, the Prairie State Exam had Social Studies questions in it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do in LA. They are written by people no more intelligent then those writing the text books.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
We do in LA. They are written by people no more intelligent then those writing the text books.
standardized testing FTL

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is one thing that I really like about my job. No one tells me what i have to teach. I just really have to stay within the context of 20th Century History and that is it. I am sure that will change when the geniuses at the MN Dept of Ed decide to force us to give yet another standardized test.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is one thing that I really like about my job. No one tells me what i have to teach. I just really have to stay within the context of 20th Century History and that is it. I am sure that will change when the geniuses at the MN Dept of Ed decide to force us to give yet another standardized test.
I hate the Texas Education system. So little emphasis on writing, too much on literary analysis.

Also, to keep this on track: William B. Travis was a ******* idiot.
Sam Houston: "hey, Travis, you should get out of the San Antonio area"
William B. Travis: "naw, I got this ****"
Sam Houston: "No, you dont, you're going to get killed at the Alamo"
William B. Travis: "naw, dude! we can win thi--" [transmission ended by canon fire]

Last edited by Brent : 01-06-2010 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's because he discovered America. Obviously we had to give him the holiday.

And I always loved the story of the Lincoln assasination. Not the fact it happened, but the whole plot and that one of the assasins chickened out and got drunk instead of killing someone I can't remember. (Secratary of something IIRC)
Close but not right. They sent somone to kill Secretary of State Seward and he got into the house and stabbed Seward but did not kill him. They sent another man to kill Vice President Johnson but he got drunk at the saloon and was too nervous to commit the crime.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
that's because he discovered America. Obviously we had to give him the holiday.

And I always loved the story of the Lincoln assasination. Not the fact it happened, but the whole plot and that one of the assasins chickened out and got drunk instead of killing someone I can't remember. (Secratary of something IIRC)
His VP Andrew Johnson I believe.
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The people writing the text books are relatively intelligent, but they are forced to write the jargon they write.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
The people writing the text books are relatively intelligent, but they are forced to write the jargon they write.
not if you break out a little Howard Zinn

Old 01-06-2010, 11:12 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have obviously never been on a textbook committee or been visited in your classroom by textbook company representatives.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have obviously never been on a textbook committee or been visited in your classroom by textbook company representatives.
Does this disprove my point? I'm not really sure.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Does this disprove my point? I'm not really sure.
They may have knowledge, but certainly no wisdom; let's put it that way.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is the greatest revolutionist? I think I gotta go with James Madison... but I do love me some James Otis.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Close but not right. They sent somone to kill Secretary of State Seward and he got into the house and stabbed Seward but did not kill him. They sent another man to kill Vice President Johnson but he got drunk at the saloon and was too nervous to commit the crime.
On this line of discussion, i went to Ford's Theatre last year. Incredible to be in there. I guess pretty much all of DC was incredible.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On this line of discussion, i went to Ford's Theatre last year. Incredible to be in there. I guess pretty much all of DC was incredible.
DC was awesome. I wish I had a full day for every Smithsonian Museum.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love D.C. Besides the confusing roadways L'Enfant did a great job.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I love D.C. Besides the confusing roadways L'Enfant did a great job.
I've never been, but I'd assume it'd be a lot better if the city itself wasn't infested with crime.

However, it must be quite historic.

One place that I definitely need to visit is Mount Vernon. Man, the whole state of Virginia is just crazy with all the great historic places they have of so many of the great revolutionists.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post
I've never been, but I'd assume it'd be a lot better if the city itself wasn't infested with crime.

One place that I definitely need to visit is Mount Vernon. Man, the whole state of Virginia is just crazy with all the great historic places they have of so many of the great revolutionists.
Mount Vernon was kinda boring, Monticello is where its at.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey Joe View Post

The historic and "nicer" parts of D.C. aren't really the crime ridden parts and to answer your question earlier my favorite is Hamilton.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hamilton?

ewwwww

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
hamilton?

ewwwww
:) Yes, Hamilton.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-06-2010, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Mount Vernon was kinda boring, Monticello is where its at.
Mount Vernon is the home of the great George Washington. NEVER, ever talk bad about it.

Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's probably a product of my liking of Thomas Jefferson since they hated each other, but Hamilton was a douche

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Quote:
The historic and "nicer" parts of D.C. aren't really the crime ridden parts and to answer your question earlier my favorite is Hamilton.
Im a big Hamilton fan to. There's just so many of them, its hard to choose.