Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-08-2010, 04:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

North Carolina had a sick defense last year and lost 5 games. Their offense isn't going to be anywhere near NC level.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
UT is losing Colt, Shipley and 3 offensive lineman, that's a lot to replace. And Kindle, Houston and Muckelroy are all huge loses on defense. Texas will be good, good chance to repeat as Big 12 champions, but I don't see anyway they get back to the NC.
Texas had 3 of the best o lineman recruits from Texas last year, I think they will be ok on the line. Texas is getting Darius White this year, and he is a great receiver. It all depends on how Gilbert plays, but Texas doesn't have a tough schedule so they could wind up undefeated again.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The scary games for Bama next season will be @ Tennessee & @ LSU.

They have Florida & Penn St. but fortunately both at home.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They will lose to Miami.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
The scary games for Bama next season will be @ Tennessee & @ LSU.

They have Florida & Penn St. but fortunately both at home.
Just hope it doesn't come down to a field goal next season since we'll have Palardy. :D
Old 01-08-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They're going to have a very good team, and have a great preseason rankoing, so a repeat is far from impossible.

But I don't think it'll happen. They lose alot of defense and don't have a great QB. Saban will have that team very competitive though, so I'm not gonna rule it out.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
ChazMonk
Rookie

ChazMonk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
If thats the case, I dont see it ending well for the Buckeyes.
The Bama defense will be just as good next year, maybe a slight bit off of this years. But the offense IMO will get better, a lot better. Expect a lot more of Richardson mixed with Ingram.
If a lot of OSU's defense declares, I dont see them being able to fill in like Bama.
Bama loses Cody and Deadrick but guys like Dareus will be only a year better. Nico Johnson and Dont'a Hightower will playing full strength. Imagine that LB core if McClain didnt declare!
Yeah, no. OSU is only losing one player early, Gibson. They will be beasts on D next year and Alabama is losing some key guys. And OSU's O will be hard to stop next year. If it would end up Alabama against OSU, I go with the Buckeyes. They will have the best front 7 in the nation and Pryor will have his "Vince Young" type year. I know it's easy for everyone here to hate on OSU, but they are going to have the best team in football next year, IMO. The only thing stopping them might be away games at Iowa and Wisky.
ChazMonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:11 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
UT is losing Colt, Shipley and 3 offensive lineman, that's a lot to replace. And Kindle, Houston and Muckelroy are all huge loses on defense. Texas will be good, good chance to repeat as Big 12 champions, but I don't see anyway they get back to the NC.
The only loss that is even going to hurt is Colt. Mentioning Shipley doesn't really matter because our WR's were the deepest position on the entire team, Malcolm Williams(while he had a ****** game is still a beast at WR and another year will do him good, all the tools in the world), James Kirkendoll, Marquis Goodwin(who made a huge impact this year and will probably be the biggest playmaker out of the bunch) will lead the way, not to mention new recruits, guys like DJ Monroe getting work out of WR packages, Brandon Collins, AND John Chiles, last thing I'm worried about is WR's.

The line loses people, but people were just bashing that same line to no end a few weeks ago, we'll be fine because we recruited pretty well there. On defense we lose 2 lineman, but people said the same thing when we lost Miller and Orakpo and 2 more guys stepped up, certain positions there is always talent waiting in the wings(Texas isn't the only school like this, same for schools like Ohio St. or USC when they lose a highly recruited LB and another one steps up).

Our secondary is going to be a team strength even without Thomas. They have been a young group since 2 years ago and was our best recruited position that off-season, Aaron Williams, Chykie Brown, and Blake Gideon round out a very talented and experienced bunch that has been starting together for a long time.

It all boils down to how well Gideon can play right off the bat, and how good the rest of the Big XII will be. I'm not expecting NC either, but if our OOC isn't that tough then we'd probably be favored every game except maybe OU and who knows how things could shake out. OK State drops off, Tech drops off, Kansas drops off, Nebraska loses Suh, I like Missouri but I need to see who we play on the road. NC game is probably out of the question but I don't see losing anyone that makes a big impact.

Unfortunately Bama plays in the SEC and they'll get challenged by someone alot more frequently. They have a great chance to run the table again because McElroy, Ingram, and Julio is a nice core, even that freshman RB looked great. They have got to be early favorites, and that's not even taking into consideration if Saban finds a few more impact freshman to come in and contribute like he always seems to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nope.. Geaux Tigers

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Lalala
I have no doubt UT has talented guys that will fill in for the guys leaving, and some of them will have more talent, but that is a lot of experience to lose (the experience that they had coming into this season is why I thought they'd get to the NC this year before the season started). Shipley and McCoy were too of the biggest playmakers in the country this year, you don't just plug in guys to replace them. UT will be really good, maybe 12 win good, just don't see them in the NC.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 03:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they might repeat but I wouldnt give them the odds I gave florida last year. Their odds will also really depend on what mcclain does. With the things I hear that D has two leaders in arenas and mcclain and if they lose them both they will suffer because of it. However they will still be pretty good although Mike Johnson is also a rock star

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote