Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-11-2010, 12:03 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 things bother me about Bennet

1. he doesn't fight for position the way you'd want him to, he doesn't fight for the ball the way you'd want him to. for such a big guy, he doesn't play badass enough. use your body. put fear in some DBs. truck a guy. do something. be as physical in the pass game as you are in the run game.

2. he seems like he's not fully aware of the playbook. he often seems confused and not on the same page as Romo. i know my boy Bossing will get on me for this, but it doesn't look like he runs routes very well.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshBoy! View Post
I keep trying to remind myself that Bennett's only 21. The potential is there, I'm hoping he just "gets it". Vernon Davis anyone?!?!! Not comparing the two at all, but it's just not clicking for Bennett yet...and I hope it does before he finds himself out of a job....that's stretching it...out of a Cowboys uniform.
Davis is a good name to throw out, look how many people called him a bust prematurely, now he led the entire NFL in TD receptions period out of nowhere. Bennett had success as a rookie mostly due to athletic ability, he's got a much higher ceiling then Phillips and I'll say it again; he still provides of flexibility in formations that Phillips can't so I'll take that. Also it may be a cop out but his run blocking is still great, sorta like people were saying Spencer's great against the run when he wasn't getting sacks, sometimes it takes time.

Spencer didn't turn it on until mid season of this year, I'm firmly in Bennett's corner, he'll be a stud eventually, but he's still no Jermichael Finley :(

The coaches like Phillips also which is why he's played more, great player, smart, does everything well, student of the game, can't be upset at what he's shown with how much we use 2 TE's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:13 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The coaches like Phillips also which is why he's played more, great player, smart, does everything well, student of the game, can't be upset at what he's shown with how much we use 2 TE's.
I don't know about anyone else, but I see a lot of Witten in this kid. The way he runs his routes, the way he catches passes, the way he acts after he scores a TD. His mannerisms remind me so much of Witten.

He might not have the upside like Bennett, but I would rather have the better overall football player in the game when it's on the line. And that guy, right now, is Phillips.
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
2 things bother me about Bennet

1. he doesn't fight for position the way you'd want him to, he doesn't fight for the ball the way you'd want him to. for such a big guy, he doesn't play badass enough. use your body. put fear in some DBs. truck a guy. do something. be as physical in the pass game as you are in the run game.

2. he seems like he's not fully aware of the playbook. he often seems confused and not on the same page as Romo. i know my boy Bossing will get on me for this, but it doesn't look like he runs routes very well.
I all for trading Bennett this offseason, but I have to disagree with the 1st point. I've seen him do exactly the opposite. Kid most definitely fights for the ball. To me, his ONLY issue is getting targeted.

Maybe not knowing the playbook is an issue, but I would really have ZERO way of knowing.

Bottom line... we don't need him. We should trade him. Even if it's to move up in the draft.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
I don't know about anyone else, but I see a lot of Witten in this kid. The way he runs his routes, the way he catches passes, the way he acts after he scores a TD. His mannerisms remind me so much of Witten.

He might not have the upside like Bennett, but I would rather have the better overall football player in the game when it's on the line. And that guy, right now, is Phillips.
Sometimes I get confused... but only because he's the only other White receiver. ha.

He's definitely a keeper.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think the growth of Anthony Spencer and Mike Jenkins were probably the 2 biggest impacts for your team in the 2nd half of the season.
They have been huge. I have to throw out BIG TIME props to Keith Brooking though. He's really emerged as a big time emotional leader. The team working together is the heart... Brooking is the "sound" of that beating heart.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think thule makes a good point about his age.

He's still a kid. And his blocking has been very good. If you notice, many times they put him on the line and he's matched up on DE's quite a bit. I think we need to keep him another year and see his progress before we even give any thought to moving him. He's young, talented and cap friendly. I think patience will pay off.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
They have been huge. I have to throw out BIG TIME props to Keith Brooking though. He's really emerged as a big time emotional leader. The team working together is the heart... Brooking is the "sound" of that beating heart.
I don't know if anyone heard but apparently in TC one of the DB missed an assignment and Brooking went and chewed his A8 off. The DB (un-named) popped off on Brooking. Brooking the finished the next play and right after it punched the DB in the head for talking back to him. Apparently that settled the score and set the tone for the D this year.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The defense is the key to getting to Miami. Michael Irvin said that he thinks they're playing better than any team right now, and it's really hard to argue against that. I'm not saying they win it all because you gotta take things one game at a time, but the defense is playing championship caliber right now. Brooking has brought the heart, and Spencer and Jenkins have really stepped up to shut things down in a huge way. I give Wade all the props in the world for getting them playing like this. I'll gladly eat my crow for saying that he should have been fired after the Rams game last year.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's an interesting article on why I think Garrett is a real keeper.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...-the#storyjump

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-11-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I don't know if anyone heard but apparently in TC one of the DB missed an assignment and Brooking went and chewed his A8 off. The DB (un-named) popped off on Brooking. Brooking the finished the next play and right after it punched the DB in the head for talking back to him. Apparently that settled the score and set the tone for the D this year.
That was a great story from the commentary during that game, I'm always impressed when the banter is actually good. Any guesses on the DB? Probably a starter considering Brooking works with the 1st team.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
That was a great story from the commentary during that game, I'm always impressed when the banter is actually good. Any guesses on the DB? Probably a starter considering Brooking works with the 1st team.
My guess is Jenkins.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Here's an interesting article on why I think Garrett is a real keeper.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...-the#storyjump
As soon as I saw the word "numberology" in that article, I lost focus. BTB is just not interesting anymore.
Old 01-11-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else worried about Flozell going against Jared Allen and the deafening noise in that dome?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade should still be fired. I've seen enough, and not even a Super Bowl win will convince me otherwise.

Good to see you posting around here again, BBD, its been awhile since we've talked, bro. Spencer and Jenkins have obviously been huge developments for this team. If Spencer can sustain this level of play, it will transform this team in a way that should strike the fear of God into the entire league. Now Dallas can pressure the QB and collapse the pocket without ever having to bring more than 5, and be able to rely on 4 man rushes predominantly as well. Spencer is playing as well as any pass rusher in the league atm, and I never thought I would see myself type those words. Its been awesome to see.

I want to chime in on Bennett, though. I'm going to make a cross-sport comparison, here, so just go with me. But I think that Bennett is in a very similar situation right now to Andrew Bynum of the Lakers. With Gasol out, Bynum has looked like a young Tim Duncan or David Robinson. He has been flat out dominant. However, just as soon as Gasol comes back in the lineup, he regresses. His rebounding falls off, his defense sags, he looks lost on the court and quits playing with as much energy. He's a completely different player.

This is exactly what is going on with Bennett. He's an alpha dog, and he is struggling to find a way to fit into a supporting role. In preseason, when he was getting a ton of reps and getting plays called for him, he flat dominated. He was every bit as good as Witten--and I know that's practically sacrilege to say, but it is what it is--and was arguably the best player in camp and exhibition play on the team.

He needs to be the guy. Much in the same way that Anthony Spencer needed to be the guy. He just wasn't the type who could come in and give you big production off the bench or in small doses. Some guys can, some can't. He can't, and its obvious. But it certainly fits into his personal profile.

So, solutions? I think if you're Dallas, you quietly--VERY quietly--start gauging any interest for Witten. He's an All Timer, an amazing player who is integral to the team, but he's coming up on 30 and his value is at its peak right this minute. If you can get two firsts or a first and a second, you should look at it. I don't see how a team like Cincinnati, New England, Miami, Carolina, or KC wouldn't look at giving up a nice ransom to have an A+ at the position. Teams with a good and/or young QB who needs a reliable target or safety blanket might be willing to send a lot of value.

That said, I am not in favor of trading Witten unless we get a massive amount of value in return AND have a specific plan for a player that solves a serious issue. For example: let's say Dallas' FO decides that our S position has to be resolved. The do not feel that they will be able to retain Gerald Sensabaugh for reasonable value, Ken Hamlin has been a mild disappointment and they want to address the position. They stack the draft board and Earl Thomas rates as a top 10 pick who they feel like they may able to position themselves to get in the early teens. They feel that Miami may have serious interest in Witten and decide to float his name to BP in casual talks. BP takes the bait and, after extensive back and forth he offers this year's first (#12) and second (#44).

This is the type of scenario that would have to unfold to make it work for me, personally, and even then I would be devastated.

BUT, and here's where the reality of things come into play, I think Martellus Bennett is a future All Pro. The guy has all the qualities you look for, and is a natural born TE. If Dallas trades him, I guarantee we will have seller's remorse. There's no way we're getting more than a 2nd for him, and probably not even that. And with Witten here, we won't get more than 40% of what he is capable of giving us. We hit a home run with him, and I don't want to see another team getting the benefit of that home run.

Just my .02
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
As soon as I saw the word "numberology" in that article, I lost focus. BTB is just not interesting anymore.
Wtf? Couldn't be more off base. BTB is the best Cowboy coverage on the internet and there isn't a close 2nd. Rafael is the best analyst going right now. Amazing stuff.

Maybe you're more into fluff coverage?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Wtf? Couldn't be more off base. BTB is the best Cowboy coverage on the internet and there isn't a close 2nd. Rafael is the best analyst going right now. Amazing stuff.

Maybe you're more into fluff coverage?
Yeah you nailed it, I enjoy shallow fluff pieces exclusively.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Shallow? Yeah, I guess you put soooo much more research into each of your posts. :)

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-11-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Shallow? Yeah, I guess you put soooo much more research into each of your posts. :)
I have no clue what you think I said, but I was sarcastically responding to DMW's mildly insulting post.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's a great BTB article. One of the better ones they've posted. Every now and then they drop a gem, and it keeps me coming back.
As I said, I really believe JG is(and should be) the future at HC. Wade is obviously the catalyst on the defensive side of the ball, and really the catalyst to why the 'Boys are doing so well ATM, going forward though...There's no reason we should allow JG to go. His stock obviously took a dip last year, but 2 out of 3 years he's had this offense rolling. Experience is the mother of all teachers, and he's gaining more and more confidence in his system and knowledge every week. The last thing I want is for Jerry to get cute and let him go, and the offense take a step back. Catch 22, because the same can be said for Wade and the Defense.

I just want JG here. I don't care what it takes, I see big things for many years out of "Red Jesus".
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Blah JG has pro's and con's like many. D probably said it best...he will be a gem down the road...but right now he still has his problems. You can't say he hasn't gotten better tho. Regaurdless...JG isn't going to be let go...it will be his decision to move on or not. I really don't care...ya I love the way Tony has developed this year under him...but I have a hunch Kitna had a big part in it...since he is really the only piece that changed around tony. So if JG leaves...w/e bring in Dan Reeves and we'd still have a top 5 offense.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sooooooooo jacked for Sunday already. So much talent in the dome come Sunday afternoon. I will say one thing. That place is going to be absolutely nuts. Good thing you guys have already won in New Orleans.

The Metrodome keeps noise in it very well.. I hope Flozell gets like 30 false starts, haha.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love BTB, I don't know why some people don't enjoy it. Some of the post there with the depth they go into you just don't get that coverage anywhere. Not FW Star Telegram, definately not the DMN Blog, I frequently visit numerous blogs just to find good info and I've never come across one that is as active, and in depth as BTB is.

Most post they break stuff down and tell you what's going on through the play with stuff you can't find anywhere else on the net, I don't know how anyone could have a problem with that stuff.

If there's a blogging site that dominates BTB I'd love to know what it is so I can sign up there, seriously, I'm always looking for good Cowboys info but I've never came close to finding one that matched up with the breakdowns BTB provides.

Not only that, but how many Cowboys sites you can read through 500+ comments on some threads and no idiotic comments? None of that crap on DMN at all, not that everyone is super knowledgeable but they can all chime in with game thoughts and be adults about it and engage in conversation with 3-4 village idiots ruining it for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seriously only visited BTB like 5 times ever. DMN on the other hand...complete trash most of the time. Fun during TC, with the practice play by play. I never comment over there, though. bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Wade should still be fired. I've seen enough, and not even a Super Bowl win will convince me otherwise.

Good to see you posting around here again, BBD, its been awhile since we've talked, bro. Spencer and Jenkins have obviously been huge developments for this team. If Spencer can sustain this level of play, it will transform this team in a way that should strike the fear of God into the entire league. Now Dallas can pressure the QB and collapse the pocket without ever having to bring more than 5, and be able to rely on 4 man rushes predominantly as well. Spencer is playing as well as any pass rusher in the league atm, and I never thought I would see myself type those words. Its been awesome to see.

I want to chime in on Bennett, though. I'm going to make a cross-sport comparison, here, so just go with me. But I think that Bennett is in a very similar situation right now to Andrew Bynum of the Lakers. With Gasol out, Bynum has looked like a young Tim Duncan or David Robinson. He has been flat out dominant. However, just as soon as Gasol comes back in the lineup, he regresses. His rebounding falls off, his defense sags, he looks lost on the court and quits playing with as much energy. He's a completely different player.

This is exactly what is going on with Bennett. He's an alpha dog, and he is struggling to find a way to fit into a supporting role. In preseason, when he was getting a ton of reps and getting plays called for him, he flat dominated. He was every bit as good as Witten--and I know that's practically sacrilege to say, but it is what it is--and was arguably the best player in camp and exhibition play on the team.

He needs to be the guy. Much in the same way that Anthony Spencer needed to be the guy. He just wasn't the type who could come in and give you big production off the bench or in small doses. Some guys can, some can't. He can't, and its obvious. But it certainly fits into his personal profile.

So, solutions? I think if you're Dallas, you quietly--VERY quietly--start gauging any interest for Witten. He's an All Timer, an amazing player who is integral to the team, but he's coming up on 30 and his value is at its peak right this minute. If you can get two firsts or a first and a second, you should look at it. I don't see how a team like Cincinnati, New England, Miami, Carolina, or KC wouldn't look at giving up a nice ransom to have an A+ at the position. Teams with a good and/or young QB who needs a reliable target or safety blanket might be willing to send a lot of value.

That said, I am not in favor of trading Witten unless we get a massive amount of value in return AND have a specific plan for a player that solves a serious issue. For example: let's say Dallas' FO decides that our S position has to be resolved. The do not feel that they will be able to retain Gerald Sensabaugh for reasonable value, Ken Hamlin has been a mild disappointment and they want to address the position. They stack the draft board and Earl Thomas rates as a top 10 pick who they feel like they may able to position themselves to get in the early teens. They feel that Miami may have serious interest in Witten and decide to float his name to BP in casual talks. BP takes the bait and, after extensive back and forth he offers this year's first (#12) and second (#44).

This is the type of scenario that would have to unfold to make it work for me, personally, and even then I would be devastated.

BUT, and here's where the reality of things come into play, I think Martellus Bennett is a future All Pro. The guy has all the qualities you look for, and is a natural born TE. If Dallas trades him, I guarantee we will have seller's remorse. There's no way we're getting more than a 2nd for him, and probably not even that. And with Witten here, we won't get more than 40% of what he is capable of giving us. We hit a home run with him, and I don't want to see another team getting the benefit of that home run.

Just my .02
Man I love reading your posts but firing Wade IF we win a SB and trading Witten because we have a guy with talent behind him? I dont like either. Wade is, what, 35-15 or so with 2 NFC EAST Titles? Add a SB along with what he's done with this D would be crazy IMO. As far as Witten, he brings way more to the team than just stats. He is a leader that plays through injuries, is Romo's best friend and hes still a stud. No way would I trade him.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote