Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 03-06-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default We have to pick a Hokie...who will it be?

My pick. 5th Round. David Clowney
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...idclowney.html

I am a big fan of this guy as a mid-late round pick. I think he got messed up by a PITIFUL QB in Virginia this last season, but I think it could help us in the long run.

Another one to watch for.
Brandon Frye - OT - Virginia Tech
http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sco...andonfrye.html

This guy is BURIED in the list of Offensive Tackles, but I think in the 3rd or 4th round he'd be a STEAL. The guy is POWERFUL and has some serious punch when he gets his arms out there. I think he's just overlooked. He's not overly huge...but at 6'4 he's big enough and over 300 pounds. He could be exactly what we need.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
GDawg239

I dont think Clowney is very good, I wouldnt mind Frye..... I think a lot of the OT this year are about equal. He falls somewhere in the middle, and with good coaching, he can be pretty good...
Old 03-06-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
iloxygenil
Pro Bowler

iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.iloxygenil hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Clowney has very good hands. He just has never had great production, due in large part to the fact that his QB couldn't get the ball near him. I think as a 5th round guy he'd be a great Kick Return option as well as someone who can help as a 3rd/4th WR kinda guy.
iloxygenil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:26 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure Frye fits in with what Petrino wants on the OL, as his body, from what I've heard, is close to being maxed out in size. Clowney is a possibility late. Adding someone like Noland Burchette late may make some sense as well.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote