Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-06-2007, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Acreboy
Pro Bowler

Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Acreboy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default The Official Poker Thread

I have yet to find a place to discuss poker with anyone.

Hopefully we can discuss it here.

Here we can talk about the WSOP, WPT, PPT, and any other poker tourney's.

Share secrets, bad beats you got, bad beats you gave, home games, strategy's, etc.

Lets get this thing going.
Acreboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:20 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poker? I just met her.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 09:25 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Poker? I just met her.

I was passing by the neighborhood Hot Topic the other day, not sure if you midwesterners have experienced the wonder of Hot Topic, but if you're a 14 year old kid looking to perfect the goth/emo look on a weeks allowance, it's the place to be. But in any event they had a hilarious shirt that read "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear". I think I know what to get you for Christmas.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
I am going to AC tomorrow to play in the WSOP Circuit Event, plus some cash game play at Showboat and Trop. Staying at the Trump Marina. I am very much looking forward to this...
What event are you playing in? Whats the buy in?

Phillies 2007 NL East Champions & Back to Back MVP Award Winners.
Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia Flyers 19-14-4 = 42 points
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
RyanLeaf#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:07 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

liquor in the front, poker in the rear, classic

Last edited by bigmac076 : 03-07-2007 at 10:08 AM.
bigmac076 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 09:21 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf#1 View Post
What event are you playing in? Whats the buy in?
I am trying to satellite my way into the $1000 + $80 event, which starts Friday at noon. They have round the clock SNG's and satellites to get into all of the smaller events, plus the main event.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 03-07-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.RyanLeaf#1 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I am trying to satellite my way into the $1000 + $80 event, which starts Friday at noon. They have round the clock SNG's and satellites to get into all of the smaller events, plus the main event.
Thats cool

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 09:24 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm playing in a tournament on Friday that had about 60 something guys in last time. It was the first time they ran it so I'm gonna guess more will come now and it will be in the 80's. It's a 100 dollar buy in but only 75 goes to the pot. The rest goes to all the booze and catered food you can eat and drink. Last time I got 4th and walked out with a little under 500.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:40 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm playing in a tournament on Friday that had about 60 something guys in last time. It was the first time they ran it so I'm gonna guess more will come now and it will be in the 80's. It's a 100 dollar buy in but only 75 goes to the pot. The rest goes to all the booze and catered food you can eat and drink. Last time I got 4th and walked out with a little under 500.
Do you drink when you play?

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 09:44 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tournnaments are make or break. When I go to Foxwoods I prefer the regular sit-in games, so if youre up alot you can cash in at anytime.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do you drink when you play?
Yeah, not too much though. I know I really shouldn't. But I drink pretty much when I do everything.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076 View Post
Tournnaments are make or break. When I go to Foxwoods I prefer the regular sit-in games, so if youre up alot you can cash in at anytime.
Plus if the cards are running dry. Depending on the limit your playing you will only lose if your playing 1-2 no limit 3 bucks everytime around. But if your looking to make alot of money in a 7 hour time spand then the tournament is the way to go. But you have to get lucky to win a big tournament because if your not getting the cards your done. Sometimes it doesnt even matter how good you are because the blind levels increase so quickly. All depends on what kind of tournament your joining I guess.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 09:52 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
If they're feeding you and giving drinks, I guess that's acceptable. I still think it's a pretty heavy rake, though. I prefer the rake to be less than 20%. The more money in the prize pool, the better.

Old 03-07-2007, 09:54 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah, not too much though. I know I really shouldn't. But I drink pretty much when I do everything.
Yea I try not to either but when im at tournaments like the one you are talking about im the same way. Its impossible not to drink when everyone else is. Its impossible not to drink when noone else is.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
If they're feeding you and giving drinks, I guess that's acceptable. I still think it's a pretty heavy rake, though. I prefer the rake to be less than 20%. The more money in the prize pool, the better.
Its real good food though. I don't think they are really making all that much. There were 6 foot italian subs, trays of hot food. And two hot eastern european foreign girls serving it to us. Obviously purchased from some nice Italian deli.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:58 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
If you enjoy yourself and consider it worth it, by all means keep going.
Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 10:03 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Most likely on a Friday night you are going to spend way more than a 100 bucks if you go out drinking. So I think its worth it if you can eat, drink, and play cards and have a chance of walking out of the place with more money in your pocket then you walked in with.
That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
RyanLeaf#1
All-Pro

Quote:
That exactly the way I feel. I get a great meal, all the wine and beer I can drink if I choose, and get to play cards for hours. I got 4th last time and it went from 7pm to 2:30 am. Even if I hadn't won it would have been worth it. Althought I almost chose not to go back because chances are I probably won't be finishing in the top 5 again.
Just get your moneys worth from eatin and drinkin.

Indianapolis Colts 13-3
Philadelphia 76ers 14-18
Coach Bob Huggins 10-2
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moc182 View Post
I was passing by the neighborhood Hot Topic the other day, not sure if you midwesterners have experienced the wonder of Hot Topic, but if you're a 14 year old kid looking to perfect the goth/emo look on a weeks allowance, it's the place to be. But in any event they had a hilarious shirt that read "Liquor in the front, poker in the rear". I think I know what to get you for Christmas.
If you ever compare me to the worthless upper-class suburban emo bitches again I will stalk you down and drink your blood. Mark my words.

"Foreigner? I could barely fit three in her!!!"

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:08 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

poker is pretty cool

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Good logic on the cost. I'm just looking at it from a potential winnings/buy in situation. I'd rather buy my own food, not have the option of drinking, and get more equity in the payouts.
I hear that to. But that only works out if you place in the money.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:11 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
poker is pretty cool
You are a genius

Last edited by bsaza2358 : 03-07-2007 at 10:14 AM.