Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-06-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ewing
Pro Bowler

Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.Ewing is a cocksman.

LenDale White
Ewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:36 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

wimbley's in the pro bowl...chalk it up

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Cashmoney
Pro Bowler

Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.Cashmoney is a cocksman.

Im gonna go with lendale white, deangelo williams and jonathan joseph
Cashmoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 12:06 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

none on the Raiders..maybe McQuistan.But all of the rookies we had last year played well.
Old 03-07-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll second the Jason Allen mention. The guy is a stud waiting to happen, and the wait won't be too long.
Old 03-07-2007, 02:50 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think Mario Williams and Vernon Davis explode next year.
DAMNIT SHIVER! You took the words RIGHT out of my mouth. Those were my guys too...Great...now when they do explode, everyone on FF is gonna give props to you, only cause you posted before me :(

But other than that...I think if Arizona can shore up their OL, I think Leinart will do very very well.

Homer in me says Jerious Norwood will shine with more carries, and Jimmy Williams will do a good job when he actually plays, whether it be CB or S.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:03 AM    (permalink
ninerfan
Pro Bowler

ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ninerfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vernon Davis will play in the pro bowl - bet on it

me want to kill you? hahaha Bonekrusher you complete me
ninerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 03:20 AM    (permalink
KBear
All-Pro

KBear hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

LenDale White, got moved up to starting RB by default.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:46 AM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antonio Cromartie. I expect him to unseat Drayton Florence and become a playmaker.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:26 AM    (permalink
myinnerself
Rookie

myinnerself hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
Antonio Cromartie. I expect him to unseat Drayton Florence and become a playmaker.
As do I, but of course that is the homer in me. But he showed flashes last year, and he was so so raw last year that he really could become something special.
myinnerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Cato June leaves via FA, Freddy Keiaho could start for the Colts, and they think very highly of him.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
FloridaFootball
Veteran

FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FloridaFootball hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Rocky Mcintosh OLB Miami(Fl)
Old 03-07-2007, 10:33 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've thought of more:

Tye Hill, CB, Rams
Chad Greenway , LB, Vikings
Manny Lawson, LB, 49ers even though he did good last year.
Vernon Davis, TE, 49ers
Santionio Holmes, WR, Steelers
Kelly Jennings, CB, Seahawks
Michael Huff, S, Raiders
Jason Allen, S, Dolphins

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow a lot of Vernon Davis. I think he is going to be extremely average his whole career.

My bet on a breakout would be Bunkley and Maroney will absolutely shine even more with the expanded role he most likely will be getting. Also Rocky McIntosh is the Skins brain trust is smart enough to get him on the field more.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'd say Chad Greenway
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some "breakout" guesses (that is, guys that take big steps forward, obviously, a subjective measure):

Chad Greenway - Heck ... anything's a breakout for him considering he didn't play. But he's going to play in a scheme that should be an excellent fit for his skillset, and I could see a huge year coming from him as long as he picks things up.

John McCargo - I think that the overall DT talent, as of now, is very mediocre in Buffalo, with solid, but low-ceiling talent like Kyle Williams, or mediocre veterans like Larry Tripplet. McCargo will get every chance to prove himself, and with Aaron Schobel on the line, McCargo could get some very positive situations for himself.

Marcedes Lewis - Koetter knows how to utilize TE's, and with a WR set that's still more potential than production, Marcedes could become the strong security blanket for Leftwich.

DeAngelo Williams - It's looking like he'll be the guy, and a 1200+ rushing yards season is very possible.

Jimmy Williams - I'm not a big fan of him ... but I do like Mike Zimmer as a DC, and there's no doubt Jimmy has talent. Wherever he is used, he could be come critical, especially if he's the 2nd corner, as teams will challenge him moreso than DeAngelo.

Lendale White - by default. He'll get the totes ... and should be able to put up decent production if he comes in shape. A 1000 yard season is certainly in reach.

Greg Jennings - I guess this might be a reach, as he had a quality rookie year. But he certainly hit a wall, and with a full pro offseason, he might be more ready. Could a 1000 yard season be in store? Potentially.

Andrew Whitworth - Will get the full time nod inside this year, and he's a smart OL guy who is extremely tough and should be good for the Bengals.

Demetrius Williams - His big play ability may start to eat away from Derrick Mason's playing time ... could certainly see him doubling his output.

Brandon Marshall - Will continue to chip away at Rod Smith's time, and may take the number 2 job at some point. I could see him doubling his output.

Ray Edwards - If Erasmus James isn't ready, Edwards could see more time. Showed some flashes, and if he could double his sack numbers, that'd be a big jump. Certainly always had talent ... just some off-field issues.

Kedric Golston - Depends on what happens this draft, but if they don't draft a DT, Golston will get a lot of work and could establish himself as a decent-solid starter inside.

Cortland Finnegan - Strong rookie season, and depending on what happens, wouldn't surprise me if he ends up as a starting corner for them.

Mark Setterstrom - Could end up playing a key role up front for them.
Certainly other names possible.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'll say both of the 9ers guys Lawson and Davis. DeAngelo Williams of the Panthers.
For the Ravens, I think Ngata is going to explode next season, his ability to collapse the pocket and rush the passer really came on towards the end of last season.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:50 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Setterstrom - Could end up playing a key role up front for them.
Certainly other names possible.

I have to agree because 1. I'm a Rams Fan, and 2. When he came in and started at the end of the year was when Jackson had that great run torwards the end of the season. He'll be starting next year.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hope Greenway has a breakout year. He could, if Childress lets him start. I think Davis will have a great year. Heck, I thought he was going to have a fantastic season last year, and I drafted him in the fourth round of my FF draft.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tamba Hali will be a force to be reckoned with
Old 03-07-2007, 11:03 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Johnathan Joseph may emerge as a top 10 CB.... He's that good.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Marcedes pick. He should have more opportunities this year, both in time and in schematics.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Bohleive
Veteran

Bohleive hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
I think Johnathan Joseph may emerge as a top 10 CB.... He's that good.
I think it's a tad early for that projection, I don't think he's that good. However I certainly have healthy respect for what he can do after seeing McNair nearly giftwrap a few to him. He needs work on his hands though; how many easy picks did he drop vs. the Ravens this year?
Old 03-07-2007, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BLACKnGOLD
Veteran

BLACKnGOLD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Santonio Holmes- legal matters behind him, and once he stopped fumbling his confidence in all parts of his game exploded and he really started to flourish. He became a legit #2 receiver in the last few games of the year, and his huge run after the catch against the Bengals in overtime to spoil there season really shows why the Steelers took him #1, he has Steve Smith potential.

Vernon Davis- Alex Smith's main weakness so far seems to be finding receivers in the end zone, however when Davis plays he has no problem trusting him there.

Jay Cutler- he improved much more rapidly then people realize, he looked so shaky in his first start and ended the season looking like an NFL starter. He, throwing to Marshall and Walker, is going to have a huge year.
Old 03-07-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jhasley10

come on people its gotta be santonio holmes... i mean if he doesnt step it up...how will he be able to pay for his 4 kids from 4 different women ???