Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 01-10-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.
Default Additions

On the defensive side of the ball do we add Adalius Thomas? He is more then likely out in NE and he still has a lot of tread left on his tires.

If there a FA CB we could bring in? Frank Walker clearly hasn't played well all season and we need another physical CB.

Thoughts?
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not so sure that Thomas has a lot (if any) tread left on the tires. NE's pass-rush is pretty bad itself and he can't get anything done there.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adalius would be a bench warmer in mattison system. and I would like for us to draft like a 4th-5th round project to try to develop. But our coaching staff loves Walker for whatever reason I will admit he placed nice today.

Fox,Washington,Webb is a nice trio if WAshington and Webb can be 100% next season
Old 01-10-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think its safe to say that AD was a product of the "Organized Chaos" scheme of Rex Ryan and is not welcomed back in Baltimore.

Corner is definitely something that should be addressed in the offseason depending upon the free agent class and upcoming draft class.

Another area I feel should be addressed is Wide Receiver as well as Returner.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that we need (or could afford) him but imagine Ngata and Wilfork on the same line.

A name to think about for receiver is Eagles wideout Jason Avant. Eagles' fans like him a lot. He's more of a physical possession receiver at this point, but he would compliment DWill well. He'd also come relatively cheap.

I'm really hoping we can convince Mason to come back another year, but even with him, we need to add another receiver. Malcolm Floyd is another name people have being throwing around.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And I want to see us make a push for Tony Scheffler too. L.J. Smith is worthless.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
And I want to see us make a push for Tony Scheffler too. L.J. Smith is worthless.
I would love to agree with that comment, but I just can't. To me his signing was a precautionary one in case of injury to Heap which didn't happen. Once that is said, he had no place in this offense. Frankly I don't know if anyone can actually figure this offense out from one week to the next.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like if you guys could bring in Antonio Bryant as a FA you would be much much improved and he gives you the #1 WR Flacco has never had. I really think you guys can go deep this year but getting someone like Bryant would be very scary to the rest of the AFC I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I feel like if you guys could bring in Antonio Bryant as a FA you would be much much improved and he gives you the #1 WR Flacco has never had. I really think you guys can go deep this year but getting someone like Bryant would be very scary to the rest of the AFC I think.
I feel like Bryant would be a huge bust and has too many character concerns for Harbaugh and Ozzie to go after.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It should be noted that we can't sign any FAs unless we lose some of our own because we made the final 8. Yet another thing that sucks about an uncapped season.
Old 01-11-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
It should be noted that we can't sign any FAs unless we lose some of our own because we made the final 8. Yet another thing that sucks about an uncapped season.
That is ***. Super ***.
Old 01-11-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that sucks. but here's who I think we should sign

I've been saying his name for a while now-

MALCOLM FLOYD!! I love this guys size. He would give Flacco that big target he's never had. Sure, he's not an elite talent, but I would much rather have Flacco throwing those fades and bombs to a 6-5 Floyd, than a 5-11 Clayton or Mason. I think he would fit our offense nicely.

As for Antonio Bryant, I think Harbaugh will have none of it. Last offseason, Ozzie and Steve B. wanted to bring in Mike Vick, and Harbaugh was the only one who said no. It's clear he want's nothing to do with players with criminal backgrounds or character concerns. I guess, that will also close the door on Brandon Marshall and maybe even Dwayne Bowe coming to Baltimore.
Old 01-11-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

Key Additions all depend on the players the team chooses to re-sign. I see the Ravens resigning Le'Ron McClain, Mark Clayton, Dawan Landry, Jared Gaither, Sam Koch, and Marshall Yanda. Which means Mason will retire, Demetrius Williams, Kelley Washington, LJ Smith, Antwan Barnes, Justin Bannan, and probably gone.
- Look for the team to try to improve upon these 3 areas:
1) Wide Receiver
2) Cornerback
3) 3-4 Defensive End

+ Wideout is our biggest need and either Anquan Boldin, Malcolm Floyd, Antonio Bryant, and Brandon Marshall could very well end up being a Baltimore Raven next year. Also, top notch cornerbacks like: Terrence Newman, Corey Webster, Cedric Griffin, Marlin Jackson, and Richard Marshall could all be free agents this preseason, so it would be nice to pick up one of those playmakers. Veterans Kelly Gregg, and Trevor Pryce are getting older, so younger defensive lineman will be needed as well. Some possible free agents that would improve our d-line are:
- Luis Castillo, Barry Cofield, Dusty Dvoracek, and even Richard Seymour

In my dream world, the Ravens sign Brandon Marshall, Luis Castillo, and Terrence Newman, now that'd be nucking futs!

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
This isnt entirely true. Heres a quote from the salary cap guy at ravens24x7

"the 4 teams that lose in the Divisional round are also subject to the same restrictions, but those 4 teams are also allowed to sign one UFA, whose first year salary is in the $5-6M range, and an unlimited number of UFAs as they can whose first year salary is in the $3-4M range. Those ranges are approximate and will be indexed based on the increases in league’s total revenue since 2006."

The final four teams can only sign UFA's to replace players they lost to free agency.

I would still rather see us advance far in these playoffs than worry about this though.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
This isnt entirely true. Heres a quote from the salary cap guy at ravens24x7

"the 4 teams that lose in the Divisional round are also subject to the same restrictions, but those 4 teams are also allowed to sign one UFA, whose first year salary is in the $5-6M range, and an unlimited number of UFAs as they can whose first year salary is in the $3-4M range. Those ranges are approximate and will be indexed based on the increases in league’s total revenue since 2006."

The final four teams can only sign UFA's to replace players they lost to free agency.

I would still rather see us advance far in these playoffs than worry about this though.
Well, I guess there's a lot of confusion as to what's what about the uncapped year lol. What i posted was pretty much a summary of an Adam Schefter tweet from Sunday.

I agree though, let's hope that we WON'T be able to sign any UFA to replace the ones we lost :D.
Old 01-12-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

I want Malcolm Floyd really, really bad. I would also love Jason Avant.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Floyd and Jason Avant are two cheap but explosive playmakers that could help Flacco out a lot. How about Antonio Bryant?
- Adding Luis Castillo would be amazing