Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 01-11-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Clifton Geathers, if he declares, is my pick. He is BIG, with good athleticism. He is 6'8 and really impressed me against Florida. I think we need to get bigger along the defensive line.
Ehh... IDK about him I see a ton of Calias Campell in him and that isn't a good thing. I'm all for size but at 6'8" he is going to struggle with cut blocks, he is going to have bad leverage and he probably won't be a huge force in the run game due to those factors amongst others. And he has character issues, he hasn't been productive and there are a ton of red flags with this guy. Plus personally I don't think he fits the system, the Eagles drop ends into coverage often and they use them in the joker role where they play linebacker and Geathers simply can't do that. I think his best role will be as a 3-4 DE, like Campell.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
1. Brandon Graham, DE, Michigan
2. Donovan Warren, CB, Michigan
3. Kurt Coleman, S, Ohio State
4. Stafon Johnson, RB, USC
5. Vince Oghobaase, DT, Duke
6. Zoltan Mesko, P, Michigan

Success!
I disagree with the the 4th and 5th players 1) they didnt go to Michigan
2) they dont play in the big ten

Im shocked to see an OSU player in this

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I'm a PSU fan, and I would be pumped if we got Graham and Warren 1-2.
I honestly wouldn't. There would be no immediate impact from either of those guys. I want someone who will come in and be a contributer from day 1. Warren would be, at best, our dime corner. Graham may be a starter on day 1, but thats still questionable. Jaqua Parker has not been playing bad football.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well thanks to the new format we'll have a better draft pick than we would in past years since we got knocked out early.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How does everyone feel about Greg Hardy? Arguably one of the most talented players in the draft and it looks like he is going to fall due to a combination of injuries and character 'issues'.

Everything that I've read about him suggests that if his foot isn't a problem he is a complete DE that would be a great fit in the system with his combination of athleticism, power and pass rush moves. He could play the joker LB on occasion, he actually drops into coverage more than I expected in college (I saw it multiple times against Alabama).

And I am disappointed that Greg Romeus is going back to school, now my targets are James Hardy and Brandon Lang (who will develop into a LE).
Old 01-12-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Clifton Geathers is entering the draft. :)

Everson Griffin actually fits what I want from my LDE more. Imagine if we could get out of the 1st for an extra 2nd, then draft Everson Griffin and Reshad Jones. That would be a good draft.

Quote:
Dear Eagles,

Please trade up for Rolanbeast McBeast. Kick Stewart Bradley out to SLB, put McBeast in the middle, have Will Witherspoon at WLB and sit back and enjoy the carnage that occurs.

Thank you,
Sniper
Old 01-12-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Griffin will be a first round pick.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

IDK after more research I am not so positive on Everson Griffen especially as a LE on the Eagles and even though I had Reshad Jones in the first before anyone else did (yeah, I was proud of that, I beat experts to that one) this offseason, he hasn't really progressed as much as I thought that he would, and I am doubting he will ever get better. He is a big physical safety in the box but he gets exposed in coverage but he does make some big plays on interceptions on occasion, he is a Sean Jones clone and quite frankly I don't want Sean Jones back so why would I want a player just like him?

Right now I want the Eagles to do whatever it takes to get Earl Thomas, he can be Dawks replacement, he has the temperament, the playmaking skills, the intelligence and the physicality. One thing he needs to do is get bigger but aside from that I think he is just as good if not better than any other safety in this class besides Eric Berry who he isn't far behind, same type of player.

Also I noticed myself making this mistake, I expect to find a guy like Justin Tuck or Brian Dawkins in the draft a guy with those kind of physical skills in college but just recently it dawned on me, these guys can grow into their frames and that is part of the reason I like Earl Thomas and Brandon Lang, they have the skills to play FS or LE at the NFL the only thing they lack is some size and that will come with time.

On the topic of Brandon Lang, a lot of people think he is a RE just because he is 255 pounds but he plays LE in college, he is actually fairly strong, has shown the ability to control his gap and is actually very powerful for his size, all he needs to do is bulk up about 10 pounds and he can easily play LE in the NFL.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

So my idea of lacking leadership, combined with the fact that the Eagles can't stop Felix Jones has led to my idea that the Eagles should be targeting linebackers, the position that has been lacking for a while now.

Target #1: Brandon Spikes
-The guy plays like Trotter but is perhaps more athletic, he is a downhill linebacker who can stand up linemen, take on full backs, bust screen plays and stuff the gaps. I actually think that he has the frame to hold up at SLB in the Eagles scheme. But what I really like about him is his leadership, he was voted a team captain as a Junior and he serves on the Florida Football Leadership Committee.

He plays football the old Eagles way, with toughness, tons of pride and the attitude that we're going to mess you up and feel mighty good about it.

Target #2: Michah Johnson
The guy is another thumper at MLB and I feel like he would be a fantastic option as a back-up, not a starter quite yet but with him and Big Stewart Bradley in the middle I don't think anyone will really want to run. He plays with reckless abandon, has the strength to take on guards, busts screen plays, throws all 255+ pounds of his weight around, can take on full backs, he can blitz and he does everything that is typically required of the Eagles MLB.

Did I mention he was very strong and powerful? Just look at this guy:

And in this video, Michah says, "[Practice] was 2 times, 3 times better, just as far as intensity and energy. You know you have to play defense with both those aspects, so I thought it was a good day."
Music to my ears.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

A lot of people are giving us Carlos Dunlap in their mock drafts. I don't read too much into those mocks, but how would you guys feel about him?

I honestly do not know how I would feel if we called his name on draft day. I think I would probably be more on the pissed side, but he's an alright prospect to me. Nothing more, nothing less.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

If the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap I will be so pissed off I don't know what I would do, the guy is a waste of talent, he doesn't try hard at all, is a huge liability in the run game. I hate Dunlap.
Old 01-16-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
If the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap I will be so pissed off I don't know what I would do, the guy is a waste of talent, he doesn't try hard at all, is a huge liability in the run game. I hate Dunlap.
Thanks for covering it for me.

Dunlap is garbage. For a guy who's 6'7", 290 pounds, he's one of the softest players I've ever seen. He gives zero effort. Atrocious against the run. He just vacates his assignment to try to kill the QB. Key word there is try because nearly all the sacks he gets are coverage sacks due to UF's excellent secondary. I hated DeSean Jackson as a first-round prospect, but I hate Dunlap as a prospect in any round.

DEs in the draft that I'd take over Dunlap, in no order.

Brandon Graham, Everson Griffen, Derrick Morgan, Sergio Kindle (if you want him at DE), Greg Hardy, Corey Wootton, Ricky Sapp, Thad Gibson, Jermaine Cunningham, O'Brien Schofield, Brandon Lang...you get the picture.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I wrote this prior to the season, obviously a few details have changed like Ciron Black's draft status but other than that.... it is all still true.

Quote:
YES! I agree x1000%.

He lacks a great first step and doesn't reach the corner. A majority of his sacks came from quarterbacks holding on to the ball for too long. His upper-body is extremely skinny, skinnier than that of Gaines Adams and even Michael Johnson. He isn't fast at all and looks like he will run a 4.8 or a 4.9. Honestly I think he is the worst of all of the prototype defensive ends (Peppers, Williams, Anderson, Johnson, Adams). He compares favorably with Jamaal Anderson from a few years ago who went top 10 and hasn't done anything in the NFL, the only difference? Jamaal Anderson was better in college and was stronger.

IMO the best prototype DE in this draft is Corey Wootton out of Northwestern.

Dunlap does have his positives though, he does have a nice bull rush, he has nice production and he never quits on a play. However I think that his strength and bull rush are results of playing against College Left Tackles that are not NFL caliber. In fact, he played 3 first round NFL tackles in Andre Smith, Michael Oher and Ciron Black all 3 of whom are right tackles in the NFL. Do you know how many sacks he registered against them? Not one. He didn't even get a sack against Phil Loadholt.

The depth chart I found said he played RE but it could be wrong so I'll just name the RTs he faced in those games:
Drew Davis, John Jerry, Joseph Barksdale and Trent Williams. 4 players who will be in the NFL, he did not register a sack.

He did not register a sack in 8 separate games. And he compiled 6 of his sacks against the likes of Kentucky, Florida St. and Miami. The only notable LT on these teams is Jason Fox, who I believe had a freshman QB that he was protecting. But aside from that he beat up on a freshman and a no name at Kentucky.

And it looks even worse if he was a LE because he was going against nobodies versus Florida St. and Kentucky and he played against an injured Reggie Youngblood in Miami. Not good any way you spin it.

Here is an example of what I mean by he gets sacks because the QB holds the ball too long:

Not much has changed, he beat up on lesser competition again this season for 9 sacks, 3 of which came against Mississippi State, care to tell me the draft prospects of Miss. St.'s RT? First you have to try and find who he is.

And I took specific notes on Dunlap on another computer I'll post them here when in a few minutes, they weren't good. It was against LSU who has a NFL caliber RT and he was a non factor all game.

EDIT: Here are some of my notes.
#8 Carlos Dunlap- Looking slow, he couldn’t beat the OG
Slow off the snap, and he tried to bull rush Ciron Black and it didn’t work
Did a nice job in pursuit chasing Jefferson
He is big and should be a force in run support but he doesn’t look like he is trying he was blocked and just watched Scott run by the line
Completely walled off by Black
Useless in the one yard play, and then to add onto that he had a personal foul for unnecessary roughness
He is good in pursuit but he gets no pressure off the snap.
Gets the pressure that leads to an interception
QB pressure and hit

Simply put the guy is soft and lazy and stupid, evidence he doesn't try hard, he is a monster physically and a majority of his sacks come from having Joe Haden and Janoris Jenkins behind him, and as for stupid I just point to being stopped at an intersection in the middle of the morning asleep at the wheel, drunk the week of the SEC Championship.

Carlos Dunlap needs to stay away.

Last edited by Thumper : 01-16-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Chris Stueuber says the Eagles met with Dexter McCluster today

Andy Reid has shifted his love to smaller faster players. One thing is for sure though he would be a nice fit at KR and PR with the ability to be a situational RB and slot receiver.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Chris Stueuber says the Eagles met with Dexter McCluster today

Andy Reid has shifted his love to smaller faster players. One thing is for sure though he would be a nice fit at KR and PR with the ability to be a situational RB and slot receiver.
Ugh, I'm not a fan of this guy. I dont believe he can take an NFL pounding, but he is a dynamic player. He is great with the ball in his hands, but he is only 165 lbs tops.

His style of play isnt really a DeSean Jackson type either, where a smaller player can still produce extremely well.

The last thing we need is an undersized speed guy. We need SIZE.

The more I've thought about it, the more I believe the Eagles will be using a 3rd-4th round pick on a RB. The guys that will be in that range off the top of my head are Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews, Ben Tate, and Anthony Dixon. Who do you think the Eagles should get?

Last edited by superman8456 : 01-24-2010 at 10:41 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Ugh, I'm not a fan of this guy. I dont believe he can take an NFL pounding, but he is a dynamic player. He is great with the ball in his hands, but he is only 165 lbs tops.

His style of play isnt really a DeSean Jackson type either, where a smaller player can still produce extremely well.

The last thing we need is an undersized speed guy. We need SIZE.

The more I've thought about it, the more I believe the Eagles will be using a 3rd-4th round pick on a RB. The guys that will be in that range off the top of my head are Toby Gerhart, Ryan Matthews, Ben Tate, and Anthony Dixon. Who do you think the Eagles should get?
Personally I REALLY like Montario Hardesty and afer that I like Ben Tate. I think Gerhart will bust, Matthews is way to injury prone and Dixon is a poor man's Lendale White.

Some guys I like aren't high profile guys, I like Keith Totson from Oklahoma State and Dimitri Nance from Arizona State, both are bigger backs. Here is some stuff I read on these two from the Senior Bowl.
Quote:
Keith Toston (Oklahoma State) showed a well rounded game today. He stays low, showing great patience and vision every time he carries the ball. I like the way he smoothly glides across the field and he was getting 5-7 yard carries regularly in practice today. He is a very agile back, and can maneuver his way through trash at the line of scrimmage. His feet are outstanding and he runs under control even though he can make ankle-breaking cuts on a dime. Toston even showed some toughness today because Chris Thomas (DB - Air Force) was crushing players today, but he could not make Toston lose his feet. His low center of gravity and balance was surely making NFL scouts drool.
Dimitri Nance (Arizona State) is a back I enjoy watching very much. He has more burst than you would expect a man his size to have, and he delivers punishment to anyone trying to tackle him. Nance showed a great start/stop move in the hole today that most big backs can’t make. He doesn’t lose all of his momentum when changing direction, and keeps his piston-like legs moving to churn out the tough yards after contact. He’s more than a big man that is hard to tackle, he runs with “pop” and has an aggressive (mean) attitude when it comes to running the football. Nance also had a good spin move and is light on his feet.
Old 01-25-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

It wouldn't hurt to take a flyer on Blount in the mid/late rounds.
Old 01-25-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Sean Weatherspoon came at a little under 6'1 and 241 lbs at the Senior Bowl. Cant wait to see how he plays this week.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A guy to look out for maybe in the 4-5 round range for strong side Lb is AJ Edds. Guy that doesn't have anything that stands out, but does everything well and makes very little mistakes.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

If Terrence Cody is around at our 2nd-3rd round pick, I would be pissed if we didn't take him. Cody would bring much better run defending than Patterson gives us, and virtually the same pass rush. We would have one of the better run defenses in the league wth him.

Edit: this is probably just my frustration still talking

Last edited by superman8456 : 01-26-2010 at 07:19 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, I think Dixon is fine.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles love measurables, its official.

Looking back at the Eagles draft history I should've known it, I mean McNabb was a freak at QB, Corey Simon ran a 4.82 at 300 pounds, Freddie Mitchell was a fast guy at 6' 185 pounds with low 4.4 speed, Lito Sheppard was a speedy corner, Jerome McDougle ran a 4.64 at 265 pounds, Shawn Andrews was a monstrous OT who was unbelievably powerful, Mike Patterson was nicknamed Baby Sapp for his quickness, Bunkley was a freak of nature, DeSean was super fast and Jeremy Maclin was another speedster. And it doesn't stop there, LJ Smith, Matt Ware, Matt McCoy, Chris Gocong, Winston Justice, Max Jean-Giles, Rashard Barksdale, Trevor Laws, Bryan Smith, Andy Studebaker, King Dunlap the list goes on and on, Andy Reid continuously takes freaks athletically, taking size on the offensive line, size and speed in the defensive backfield, speed at receiver and quickness on the defensive line. The trend even continued into free agency with signings of TO, Jevon Kearse, Chris Clemons, Stacy Andrews and a trade for Jason Peters. One things has become quite clear the Eagles love athletes.

So I guess judging all the traits the Eagles like in their players I really shouldn't be the least bit surprised at who they're checking out at the senior bowl.

The Eagles, according to Les Bowen, are taking a long hard look at Taylor Mays. which fits the trend of size and speed in the defensive backfield.
Scott Wright says the Eagles talked to George Selvie who certainly fits the trend of quickness on the defensive line.
Chris Steuber says the Eagles had a meeting with Dexter McCluster which would certainly fit the trend of speed at WR.
Other sources have noted Eagles meeting with both Justin Cole and Lagarette Blount and it should be noted both are freaks, Cole is 245+ pounds and figures to run in the high 4.5s and Blount is a 245 pound RB who is incredibly athletic for his size.

Next thing you know we're going to be hearing that the Eagles are in love with Vladamir Duccasse, Jacoby Ford and Myron Rolle.

PS- Myron Rolle and Taylor Mays are growing on me a little bit, Rolle because he is a physical in the box safety that can stuff the run and he is incredibly intelligent and could potentially manage the defense during his career and Mays because part of me wonders what Sean McDermott could do with him, if everything went right he could mold Mays into a great S especially in the Eagles system where the FS does a lot of blitzing and attacking.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

And in addition the Eagles have reportedly been talking to Jared Odrick, again fitting the quickness inside trend. The Eagles have also been looking at Jarrett Brown out of West Virginia who certainly fits the athletic QB trend and is possibly a Vick replacement. Two things that I don't think fit the trends are the Eagles looking at DT Dan Williams which would suggest the Eagles aren't happy with the current run defense, does this mean a Bunkley move to UT and Patterson being kept as a back-up? Or is it just due diligence on the Eagles part. Personally I really like Williams and would love it if he was picked in the second, but I doubt he gets there. And the Eagles were looking at Jeremy Williams out of Tulane a guy who profiles as a slot guy or back-up in the Eagles system.

EDIT: Add Nate Allen to the list, size: check. speed: check. He fits the trend.