Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Indianapolis Colts Team Forum

Indianapolis Colts Team Forum Discuss the Colts

Old 01-17-2010, 10:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that still worries me is the fact that our O-Line still SUCKS at run-blocking.

I hope we have a balanced and mistake-free offensive attack next Sunday.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 07:47 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Agreed our OL is still pathetic at run blocking. It's frustrating to see teams like the Jets, Bengals, and Ravens with the way they run block (though I wouldn't trade offenses with them ever). Definitely time to upgrade those positions this offseason. I bet we'll see some of those screens again that we saw earlier on this season, to the RB and to Wayne and Garcon.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:49 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Agreed our OL is still pathetic at run blocking. It's frustrating to see teams like the Jets, Bengals, and Ravens with the way they run block (though I wouldn't trade offenses with them ever). Definitely time to upgrade those positions this offseason. I bet we'll see some of those screens again that we saw earlier on this season, to the RB and to Wayne and Garcon.
I want to see more screen passes. It's an excellent cure for the lack of running game.

On defensive side of the ball, we have to get 8 men in the box, force them to 3rd-and-longs and make Sanchize beat you.

I'm looking forward to talking some smack with my Jets' fan co-worker tommorow. :)
Old 01-18-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
UKfan
All-Pro

UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UKfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
I want to see more screen passes. It's an excellent cure for the lack of running game.

On defensive side of the ball, we have to get 8 men in the box, force them to 3rd-and-longs and make Sanchize beat you.

I'm looking forward to talking some smack with my Jets' fan co-worker tommorow. :)
Ditto, my best friend here is a Jets fan, we're having some good banter already.

XBox 360 Gamertag: Bunj1986
UKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I would also like to see Mike Hart get more carries.

Hart is probably the smallest and the slowest RB on our roster, but he could very well be the most decisive.

Addai tends to dance in the backfield a bit too much. Hart just recognizes the hole quickly and hits it as quick and as powerful as he can.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensively the Colts have to play a whole lot better than they did vs the Ravens. Can't depend on getting 2 TDs and some friendly calls from the Refs for points. Seemed like nothing in the running game worked, esp the slow developing draw plays. Defensively, I'd think the game plan would be nearly identical to what Coyer did vs the Ravens. Blast the running lanes early and make Greene and Jones break multiple tackles for decent gains. Make a rookie QB beat you for the win. We can't let up now, got to keep the gas pedal to the floor.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Jets fan, I'm mostly concerned about Manning to Clark.

The thing about the Chargers is much like the game against the Patriots in the '06 playoffs, they made a lot of stupid mistakes against the Jets. Shaun Phillips headbutting D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Vincent Jackson kicking the challenge flag, three missed field goals, etc. I don't expect stuff like that from the Indianapolis Colts.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Colts stopped a really good Ravens run but the Jets have a better one. They scored 20 on a really good Ravens defense but the Jets have a better one. If Manning can not throw those 2 picks that Ed Reed got he will be fine but they got a little Ed Reed out there in Jim Leonhard. I don't expect the Jets to win but I will be rooting for them.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 12:52 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Not exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
The Colts stopped a really good Ravens run but the Jets have a better one. They scored 20 on a really good Ravens defense but the Jets have a better one. If Manning can not throw those 2 picks that Ed Reed got he will be fine but they got a little Ed Reed out there in Jim Leonhard. I don't expect the Jets to win but I will be rooting for them.
Don't kid yourself, Jim Leonhard is not Ed Reed and he does not cover the ground that Ed Reed can. Ed Reed can recover while the ball is in the air even if he bit slightly on a head fake, Jim Leonhard cannot. That will be the difference. Plus, the Ravens' D-line is much better, so I expect the Colts to run the ball better in this game. The Jets' secondary is definitely better as a unit but like someone else said, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie hold the keys for the underneath routes and Joseph Addai along with Mike Hart protecting Manning real well will make that subtle difference for us to be able to score enough points.

This game is still about the Colts' D finally earning the respect it deserves, IMO. The whole NFL will be talking about them after this game is over.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am leaving it to the Colts players and coaches to not look past the Jets. IMO, they're so close to what the Ravens are as a team it'll be like playing them again with the chance to improve on what didn't work. I think we'll ditch the slow run plays in favor of fast handoffs between the tackles. Our OL can get a push at first but can't hold blocks at all. The stretch and shotgun draw plays won't work. Addai is very good if he doesn't have to think about a bunch of stuff and can just take the hand off and bust through a gap. Hart doesn't have the thinking problem Addai does but is less talented. A good short yardage back.

Defensively, I think we'll see them play at a high level again. Sanchez is healthier than Flacco and has more weapons but less experience. Shonn Greene looks good but Ray Rice is better, as is Chris Johnson who the Colts contained twice this season.

If we don't give up a defensive or ST touchdown I think we will win by 10+ points.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-19-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shonn Greene looks good but Ray Rice is better, as is Chris Johnson who the Colts contained twice this season.
I think we will struggle against the likes of Shonn Greene more than the likes of Ray Rice or Chris Johnson. Ray Rice is 5'8", 210, Chris Johnson is 5'11", 200, while Shonn Greene is 5'11", 230. Tony Richardson is a significantly better Run Blocker than either Ahmard Hall or Le'Ron McClain, and Greene has 3 Pro Bowlers on his Offensive Line. The Colts D is built to stop people like Johnson and Rice. The difficulty with those two are catching them. Once you get a hand on them you can normally bring them down. Getting a hand on Greene is only half the battle. He, and Thomas Jones, are bruising Power Backs. I expect to see the Jets break a lot of tackles in the game on Sunday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad72 View Post
Plus, the Ravens' D-line is much better, so I expect the Colts to run the ball better in this game.
The inside 5 is probably a bit closer. 3 of the Ravens inside players (Ray Ray, Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata) are great but I don't think a lot of Pryce and Ellerbe isn't that great (yet). I also like the inside guys for the Jets (David Harris, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis) while Pouha and Douglas are better than Pryce and Ellerbe. We won't run on the Jets either so lets not kid ourselves about it.

Quote:
The Jets' secondary is definitely better as a unit but like someone else said, Dallas Clark and Austin Collie hold the keys for the underneath routes and Joseph Addai along with Mike Hart protecting Manning real well will make that subtle difference for us to be able to score enough points.
We got good exchange out of them with Clark and Collie before the starters were pulled and I wouldn't be shocked to see it again. If the Jets bring 5 or 6 men pressures then Manning should have a field day, but repeatedly against the Chargers the Jets dropped into a Zone cover system and rushed only 4. Manning won't want the Jets defense to dictate what he does or doesn't do. Also, while we can't really compare him against Revis, Reggie Wayne, in the 2 times that he has faced him, has always got decent exchange out of Nnamdi Asomugha. If we get decent exchange out of Revis (maybe 4 or 5 catches, 50-60 yards and possibly a TD) as well as good numbers from Clark, Collie and Garcon then we should do well.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I live in NY and read the media here often.

Man, reading the papers here, you'd think we have ZERO shot at beating the Jets.

NY Post has "Hoosier Daddy!" with a picture of Rex Ryan bouncing Peyton on his knee.

Clever, but we'll see who has the last laugh come Sunday.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:42 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I think we will struggle against the likes of Shonn Greene more than the likes of Ray Rice or Chris Johnson. Ray Rice is 5'8", 210, Chris Johnson is 5'11", 200, while Shonn Greene is 5'11", 230. Tony Richardson is a significantly better Run Blocker than either Ahmard Hall or Le'Ron McClain, and Greene has 3 Pro Bowlers on his Offensive Line. The Colts D is built to stop people like Johnson and Rice. The difficulty with those two are catching them. Once you get a hand on them you can normally bring them down. Getting a hand on Greene is only half the battle. He, and Thomas Jones, are bruising Power Backs. I expect to see the Jets break a lot of tackles in the game on Sunday.
I might agree with you on the Chris Johnson, but Ray Rice is exactly the type of back the Colts have had a problem tackling in the past. He is like Maurice Jones-Drew in that getting a hand on him is not enough, he's too strong and thick and his center of gravity is too low.

For the sake of comparison, the Colts did very well vs. Willis McGahee this year, who about the same size as Shonn Greene. On the flipside they did have problems with Ronnie Brown and Ricky Williams, but I think that had more to do with being underprepared for the Wildcat offense. They had no problems tackling Tim Hightower or Beanie Wells. LenDale White has never given them big problems. I think as long as they don't fall back into trying to get the big shoulder knockdown hit and just stick to fundamentals, the Colts will do pretty well against Greene and Jones.

I also don't agree that Richardson is so much better than Hall or McClain, and I doubt he will be that much more of a difference maker vs. McClain in the last game.

Their OL does appear to be better, probably the best run blocking OL in the league. Our DL will have their work cut out for them, and I expect to see a lot of Foster and Brock at DE early in the game.

i done stole dis sig
Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone want to buy some Jets AFC Champ merchandise? It's on sale now!

http://www.jetsshop.com/jets/home.php?cat=546
Old 01-23-2010, 11:52 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Powers doubtful vs. Jets.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4852221
Old 01-24-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wow, that was HORRIBLE.

Why bring everyone to the line of scrimmage?

Of course they'll pass deep.

Last edited by MaxV : 01-24-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 01-24-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Wow, just wow.

You can NOT settle for FG there.

Playcalling is terrible.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

GREAT WIN! We are in the SUPER BOWL! :)

Both the offense and the defense adjusted within the game.

Great to see our Running game working, I hope that continues to be the case in Super Bowl.

Very good balanced effort today. I hope we continue to click on all cylinders in the SB.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

The Official Super Bowl Thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38222

I couldn't help myself. :)
Old 01-24-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

A great win for the Colts and excellent job by Caldwell. Should be a shootout vs the Saints.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
chad72
Rookie

chad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairchad72 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default What do you say now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
The inside 5 is probably a bit closer. 3 of the Ravens inside players (Ray Ray, Kelly Gregg and Haloti Ngata) are great but I don't think a lot of Pryce and Ellerbe isn't that great (yet). I also like the inside guys for the Jets (David Harris, Bart Scott, Shaun Ellis) while Pouha and Douglas are better than Pryce and Ellerbe. We won't run on the Jets either so lets not kid ourselves about it.
Colts - 101 yards rushing, Jets 86 yards rushing.

What do you have to say now?:)

To be honest, I expect another 100 yard rushing performance against the Saints from the Colts.
chad72 is offline   Reply With Quote